Thread: Trent out of England squad

Trent out of England squad

England manager Gareth Southgate has dropped Trent Alexander-Arnold from his squad for this month’s Euro 2024 qualifiers against Italy and Ukraine.…

Full story

Good, he should announce his retirement from the national team as should Henderson
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

If Ramsay was fit i think trent would have been benched quite a lot. Trying to look like bob marley, some of his perfornances would make me think he was smoking as much weed as bob

I have a lot of sympathy for Trent, and Mo for that matter, it's been as well documented by analysis and punditry on all sports channels as it was initially by me how Elliott on the right gets in both Mo's and Trent's space and fucks them up and our lfwd and Robbo to extent as most of their service came from our right for several seasons as well as from No6 when Hendo played there

I'm not usually big on stats, but I checked them very thoroughly on this issue and another and it's very revealing, Mo and Trent's stats are well down, in a way which demonstrates it's not that they're getting the ball where they are used to getting it and fucking up, it's that they're not getting it in the areas they are most productive anymore, which as said, affects our LFWD and Robbo and our No9 to a degree

The other things I was looking at was this business of trying to use one player as a designated playmaker affecting other players like Trent, Hendo and Virgil from taking their part in the playmaking as they always had and the stats bear that out too, one player's number of passes per game is up around 15% the rest of the players who usually contribute more to it is down considerably from several previous seasons, so it wasn't a surprise to me we played better in that players absence and started to be less predictable and see more players THE TEAM all involved in making the play again
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”