Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coaching

Coaching

Now then, then now, now then, then now

Well, for years we've had loads of talk about coaching players rather than buying them

We've seen precious little evidence of it however, beat the filthy 7-0 had almost a full week to prepare for Bournemouth and Real collectively, turned up at both and were shite with no evidence of any coaching to build on the recent improvement we had made

Well, we don't play again until 1st April, so let's have some of this fabled coaching now, let's work with our new forwards on their positioning and movement and the intensity they need to give us without the ball as well as with it

Let's work on that right side IF Jurgen must play Elliott so he's not getting in Mo and Trent's space, so in conjunction with coaching our LFWD on movement and triggers, we can actually get Trent in the positions he gives them the right service for it for the first time this season, Elliott having played every game preventing this so far

Let's work on the link up and movement between our forwards and full backs, opening the channel for each other to be played through or to play the ball through or a cross through or so they can shoot through, closing it for each other to give them the line

Work really hard on the players all communicating with one another checking the oppositions positions, their own and their team mates and maintaining great consistent positioning in their pressing and counter pressing through that communication as they did v the filthy and on their intensity in it

I expect all of this fabled coaching to be done and for us to dispatch City and all our remaining opponents off the back of it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Had you susssed dor a child molester hididing out in your mums and your start of message has proved it. Anyone associated or using jimmy saville content or such is bogey. A fucking p aed o in our midst knew it.

WOW what a comment and totally unnecessary
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Personally I doubt Jurgen will apply team coaching in this way. I think he is much more a dynamic cavalier type.
    Every individual has his own 'ideal' way they would coach, everyone different. Jurgen has always adhered to his style and I doubt he will (or can ) change.
    Although I have never been a believer in his style he has brought incredible success and I have loved the journey. I think his style only works when you have the best squad, more skilled players. Like the Barca's , Real or City types.
    His and our problem now is we don't have the appropriate squad.
    I respect the in depth thought you give to tweak the system but where it falls down may be that the individuals you tweak are just not up to it.
    Unless we get several and I mean several world class players and turf out the overpaid dross I dont see Jurgen improving enough to push forward.
    I hope I am wrong
    Last edited by Bredred; 17th March 2023 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Inappropriate remark.
    The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, cake, sarcasm and a dislike of the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    Had you susssed dor a child molester hididing out in your mums and your start of message has proved it. Anyone associated or using jimmy saville content or such is bogey. A fucking p aed o in our midst knew it.
    Projecting there much fella.?

I thought it was supposed to be General Melchett. Do I win a prize?

"Do ya wanna be in my gang ? " 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Projecting there much fella.?
    The Paddy's day celebrations have started early

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The Paddy's day celebrations have started early
    Also Red Nose Day, so have to drink twice as much as a normal Paddy's Day. Them's the rules.

He is referencing Stephen Fry dude - Blackadder... 19 is definitely an eccentric, which is why I engage and overlook certain things. He can get on anyone's tits at times with what he says - as can I - but despite my many disagreements with him, he loves this club, we all do. No call to be labelling him a "p aed o"

I sense a deep rooted anger in you darren.. It won't do you any good. Let it go. Not everyone out there is trying to punch you..