Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coaching

Does this mean Stephen Fry is a racist diddler?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Does this mean Stephen Fry is a racist diddler?
    Or a top top coach.

He'll get a pass from me if he can play midfield...

An Alonsoesque one....

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    How would you coach our automation station?
    Games in the same formation and same style of play with as many of the same players and when not players with the same or similar attributes who have been coached to recognise certain triggers for movement to start their runs or position themselves to be ready to start them

The most obvious example of this are Mane doing this consistently and automatically when the ball went to or was going to Trent or Hendo on our right, intelligently mixing up the movement he made depending on our other players positions

The other examples of it and it being built up very quickly are the runs of both full backs and Mane and Mo when Hendo had the ball at No6 in 19-20

The best example of a player replicating the automation of another or at least some of it to be released tp provide goals and assists in their limited appearances was Oxlade replicating some of Mane's at LFWD

Working on restoring our high functioning automation of last season on our right and getting Trent on the ball in the same positions again and working with Nunez, Gakpo and Jota on movement and runs they can make from LFWD Trent will connect using footage of Mane doing it and highlighting the obvious visual cues he used would be the best starting 1point
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Games in the same formation and same style of play with as many of the same players and when not players with the same or similar attributes who have been coached to recognise certain triggers for movement to start their runs or position themselves to be ready to start them

The most obvious example of this are Mane doing this consistently and automatically when the ball went to or was going to Trent or Hendo on our right, intelligently mixing up the movement he made depending on our other players positions

The other examples of it and it being built up very quickly are the runs of both full backs and Mane and Mo when Hendo had the ball at No6 in 19-20

The best example of a player replicating the automation of another or at least some of it to be released tp provide goals and assists in their limited appearances was Oxlade replicating some of Mane's at LFWD

Working on restoring our high functioning automation of last season on our right and getting Trent on the ball in the same positions again and working with Nunez, Gakpo and Jota on movement and runs they can make from LFWD Trent will connect using footage of Mane doing it and highlighting the obvious visual cues he used would be the best starting 1point
    Very interesting. How would you know when the automation station is operating properly?

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Very interesting. How would you know when the automation station is operating properly?
    Players will be doing things very consistently, positioning, movement, communication, with and without the ball, players who are very creative from certain areas and positions on the pitch will be found in those areas consistently, players will be aware of the possibilities of that and recognise the visual cues to make their runs into areas those players have a long history of consistent high quality delivery into that have created goals or enabled assists

For me I think LFWD supported by Robbo or Tsimikas and Trent on our right, are key areas to look at, that we can quickly make huge gains from are key, we created so much of everything we've created from our right for a very long time and for a 15 game spell in 19-20, and in sporadic games before and after that when the player who made the play in that run was played there we created everything very evenly through our No6 finding the players left and right who could create in the positions they created bets and mostly from

Someone said in another thread and quite rightly in one sense "Nunez isn't Mane, he's Nunez" quite right, every player is going to bring their own individual things to a role, but that does not mean that player should not fulfill the functions their predecessor did that make the team work and function to its highest levels

Does Nunez not being Mane means he shouldn't have the same intensity and work as hard in the pressing and counter pressing without the ball and make every single opposition right back and RCB he faces dread playing against him? No

Does Nunez not being Mane mean he should not be made abundantly aware that players we have can find him and provide him with excellent service from certain areas and of the movement and runs his predecessor used to make to take full advantage of them? and what the visual cues for his predecessor to start the movement to get himself set for the runs were?

Some players get that on their own and very quickly, Diaz did, he already played that role very similarly to how Mane played it for us at his former club, some players see the importance and benefit of it and replicate in themselves to our benefit as Oxlade did, some players need help and instruction, you know coaching and including help from the video analysis team

Realistically, without a great deal of effort, you could put together a reel for Nunez, with the situation and possibilities explained for him in Spanish or Portugese, even just to make him aware of all the possibilities and let him work it out himself from there

Diaz isn't Mane, but pretty much from day one Diaz made very similar runs and movement, was as persistently on point and aggressive in the press and made similar contributions to Mane to the team as a whole only not as prolifically

Pressing was always there, movement was always there, movement to benefit from our build up play on the right and in games he had Hendo at No6 was there, his trade mark finish let him down quite a bit and he needs to develop more variation in his finishing and different types of it, although he did score and assist a few with some good variation, but it is otherwise all there

If he had got his trademark finish right a few more times when his movement with and without the ball had got him into the position to attempt it, he wouldn't have been far off Mane's numbers at all, he started this season more prolific already, we can all only hope that he recovers to his very best following his injury and the almighty fuck up around it and Jurgen get's our right side functioning again as it did at its best for him to make maximum benefit of it for his return

Let's hope for a proper preseason /preparation next summer and 3 new midfielders (not loanees coming back)
    And a new centre back.
    Ciao naby Ox bobby and maybe happy retirement for Milner.