Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Coaching

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Let's hope for a proper preseason /preparation next summer and 3 new midfielders (not loanees coming back)
    And a new centre back.
    Ciao naby Ox bobby and maybe happy retirement for Milner.
    Need shut of Fab too we desperately need a proper No6 with the reading of the game, pressing and counter pressing, consistently great positioning passing box to box, athleticism and recovery speed abilities of a proper top DM

We've needed one since Hendo showed how much better this side can be with a proper top No6 and having a player in that position with the type of passing ability he displayed in 19-20

Hendo is no longer that same player with injuries having taken their toll so we desperately need to sign one, we simply can't continue with a player in our No6 role who continually lets our press be broken and has such desperately limited athleticism, pace and mobility to recover or even get about the pitch and whose passing falls such a long way short of what we need

It needs urgently addressing there's precious little point buying a quality LCM and RCM and persisting with a No6 who'll continually let it all down, it's THE most important and integral of all our midfield and one in which we've been selling all our other players short with for far too long
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think Fab will be retained. There's quite a few who you could say are on their way out or past their best but only a few will depart.
    If there's a daft offer for him and we have earmarked a replacement then maybe but I don't see it.
    I think Klopp will be holding on thinking he can get back to his best. Not sure I'd agree on that though.

Need to get rid, not sure what form people are on about, he's always let the press get broken and lacked passing ability and athleticism and mobility, Gini and Hendo had the legs to bail him out, we shouldn't need LCM or RCM to continually bail our No6 out

We can't coach him to suddenly be able to read the game as a mid or to have the box to box ability athleticism and mobility that all DMs normally have as a given

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Need to get rid, not sure what form people are on about, he's always let the press get broken and lacked passing ability and athleticism and mobility, Gini and Hendo had the legs to bail him out, we shouldn't need LCM or RCM to continually bail our No6 out

We can't coach him to suddenly be able to read the game as a mid or to have the box to box ability athleticism and mobility that all DMs normally have as a given
    I'd be letting ur hero hendo go too along with fabinho, thiago is the only one with enough legs when hes not injured. But thats prob too many mids out in 1 window for jurgen, so hendo will likely get reprieved as the senior englishman if milner goes, plus no-one outside of the middle east would pay him close to what we do. We know theres at least 3 senior players going, truthfully it could and should be 7 and none of them will ever get back to their best or a minimum std required for our squad.

Hendo will likely move to a more Milner role

I've never got the whole Fab love in except for muppets in our fanbase viewing him as some kind of cult hero as they thought of him as having replaced the player who took the armband after Stevie

DM is one of my favourite positions, in terms of worse signing i can think of off the top of my head we've made in that position in my lifetime there's onlu been Salif Daio worse than him,, he doesn't have a single trait of a DM that all the other even half decent ones have in abundance