Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PL Games 17-19th March

Not an ideal result.

If we are to miss out on the Champion's League spots we must at least get Europa. Don't fancy the Europa Conference League at all.

Can't see chelsea losing next 2 games then they have us....

might be above us soon can't say they won't get top 4 yet even if they're behind...have the squad...

don't worry sid, brentford will get that when we finish 8th
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    don't worry sid, brentford will get that when we finish 8th
    Bloody hope not.

Going from having Europe to not having Europe and then potentially back to having Europe again feels like a nightmare waiting to happen.

You want all of the squad (particularly younger lads) getting the rhythm for being involved in 2 games per week even if they don't actually play in both.

We have a large enough squad (even if it lacks quality in depth in some areas) for 4 comps so don't fancy trimming to make it leaner for a lack of European footie only to have to bolster it again.

Little point stressing too much about the permutations though. Looking forward to the Rugby this weekend - a very welcome distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Bloody hope not.

Going from having Europe to not having Europe and then potentially back to having Europe again feels like a nightmare waiting to happen.

You want all of the squad (particularly younger lads) getting the rhythm for being involved in 2 games per week even if they don't actually play in both.

We have a large enough squad (even if it lacks quality in depth in some areas) for 4 comps so don't fancy trimming to make it leaner for a lack of European footie only to have to bolster it again.

Little point stressing too much about the permutations though. Looking forward to the Rugby this weekend - a very welcome distraction.
    4th or nothing to me.. pointless the rest. but some like it
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We're always so generous to the competition, there are often games we're dominant, miss our chances and get sucker punches and everyone here bashes all our lads
    Bournemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    Forest a goal up against Newcastle in the barcodes game in hand on us tonight.
    I heard it as a draw with a few mins to go....Heard they got a pen this morning.....and it felt like top 4 went in that moment.....but hey I'm mostly wrong and await the fat lady ...lolol

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I heard it as a draw with a few mins to go....Heard they got a pen this morning.....and it felt like top 4 went in that moment.....but hey I'm mostly wrong and await the fat lady ...lolol
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-2qWaBBJ_54

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    We are not getting top 4. We are so incostent we could end up 7th or 8th. We have to be realistic. There have been too many false dawns this season. I don't see us going on any type of unbeaten run. There something off with the players attitudes this year and klopps also.

3 away wins… It’s almost April

I hope we can get top four, but I can't see the unforced chopping and changing that's disruptive to our building any kind of rhythm and automation or building up a run of form relenting, we looked to be improving a lot recently and put ourselves in a great position to land top four through that, and then did it again v Bournemouth and then again v Real for the second leg

It's a blatant disregard for the very basics of being successful in any team sport

A check through the fixtures revealed Gomez and Elliott both featured and mostly started every single one of our most disastrous results, it also shows the extent of the chopping and changing of formation

I really hope we can use this break as a kind of long LONG overdue reset to work on a plan for our remaining games whereby we can get back as much of what we've lost through unnecessary changes and disruption to how we play best and how our best players perform best and play as consistent a line up and formation as possible
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”