Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PL Games 17-19th March

The Anfield Wrap podcast was saying the team needs something to bring them together. They all seem scared of taking a risk like in the Madrid game, nobody looked like going out of their zone and if we concede it's a kind of look around to see who's fault it was.
    The Utd game should have been something that kick-started is but it hasnt and unfortunately it will probably be like this till the season finishes.

The result against the filthy should have, then we changed starting line up and started with a formation tweak of an attacking LCM instead of a LCM controller

You can't just keep changing things all the fucking time, you'll never get any consistency or reach peak levels of performance that way

It's the same situation as 20-21 except for we got stitched up loads by officials and VAR that season to the tune of 15 points, to put a huge dent in and continually dent our form and confidence, but Jurgen fucked about with all sorts of things that season too, like playing midfielders at CB for lots of games to make those issues even worse, we got through that by eventually playing the Cbs we had available at CB, dropping our line quite a bit because we didn't have the pace at CB anymore and playing the best other players we had fit in their best positions and consistency of selection, something a few of us had said we should do pretty much as soon as we'd lost all our CBs

In 20-21 we did the things the eventually gave us consistency much earlier and the strength of competition wasn't as great though
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Why are Chelsea suddenly looking better? Because Potter has tried to pick a consistent line up and formation with minimal tweaks and changes and stopped his initial persistent tweaking and information overload during games and the minimal changes he has been making through necessary rotation, make complete sense

SOuthampton are being a rught tease the bastards, equalised, then went down to 2-1 then 3-1 not they're back to 3-2, get a late late equaliser you tw@ts

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    SOuthampton are being a rught tease the bastards, equalised, then went down to 2-1 then 3-1 not they're back to 3-2, get a late late equaliser you tw@ts
    Boooooooooooooooooooom get the fucking FUCK in, NOW fucking keep that point, or nick another for a late late winner if you fancy it Saints

Not too shabby today

Brentford drew
    Spurs drew

Spurs..... something else. Lol.

Don't see anything than a Chelsea win in the evening game, unfortunately, continuity counts for a lot in my book

Reese James coming in at RWB for Loftus-Cheek

Badiashile in at LCB for Cucurella

Pulisic gets a game in place of Mudryk at RFWD with Havertz returning to his false 9 position as he tries to get all his forwards bedded in and firing

Same system

Just doing the basic simple things that make sense to anyone and everyone, a big area we've been letting ourselves down in very badly all season, it's been proper Corporal Jones territory from Jurgen far too often at times for me, not popular I know, but the persistent and unforced changes to formation and staring 11 are there for all to see

Wow a team is actually competing with Man-city rather than sitting off
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Haaland hat-trick 3-0