Thread: Lucas Leiva hangs up his boots

Lucas Leiva hangs up his boots

Former Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva has retired from football because of a heart condition.…

Full story

Absolute legend, Much maligned for not being Alonso, drastically underrated by far too many, after all the unwarranted shit the lad got it was sickening that he picked up that knee injury v Chelsea that took away so much of his physical ability just as he was coming into his prime, not as sickening as too many here gleefully continuing to bash the lad and point blank refusing to recognise the top player he had become in the season and a half prior to that injury, even when told off by the King himself by their failure to appreciate him
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He was useless. okish but nothing special
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Heart condition. That's become all to common these last couple of years...

Lucas, who made 24 appearances for Brazil, joined Liverpool in 2007 from Gremio. He racked up 345 games for the Reds in his 10 seasons at the club. Lucas was named Liverpool's Young Player of the Year in 2010 and Fans' player of the year in 2011.
    2010-Dec 2011 was Lucas at his very best, Kenny rated him incredibly highly, sadly we only got 18 months of that as he was never the same after the injury and he had so much more to come as only 24 and just beginning to enter his prime when he suffered a terrible knee injury that robbed him of speed and mobility - A lot of DMs don't reach their prime years until 25 or 26
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Great lad, not the greatest footballer but I wish I had only one of his liverpool performances.

Became a great player in his last couple of season imho. Had great time for him.

I think he had moments where he was influential in games but he was never a consistently good player, very error prone. He was always a positive player

Hard to judge players back then as we weren't great. I do recall that Chelsea game tho, he was crunching into tackles and was in great form.

While not a top player, you wish some of our lot now cared like he did and put in the workrate. Similar to the also maligned kuyt.