Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: International Break

Oh dear - 19x working over time to try and tell us all that black is in fact white.

exposed and found out again me thinks…

The stats are there Steveo, not to misconstrue events as others try to use them far too often, all of the stats I have provided here re Elliott and our right side and Thiago as designated playmaker this season support exactly what I have said of both, there are no 2 ways about it, they paint a very clear picture of what has happened this season and why, you cannot look at those stats and claim anything else
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What stats are those? Ones that show that Thiago is one of the few midfielders to actually play some football this season? 1 mid in 3?

What exactly does that prove in your world old bean?

and while we are at it… Why in the living fook have we moved on to Thiago.? We were talking about Trent. are you trying to change the subject?

You made the daft claim that he doesn’t perform for England for the same reasons he isn’t performing for us - as neither team is playing to his strengths.

the last 10 games of the season prior and all of last season - make a mockery of your claims - IF as you repeatedly suggest Thiago is responsible.

it’s total guff and everyone knows it

It’s simple mate. just stop trying to pretend you know that much about this stuff, when it’s pretty clear you don’t. you are a fan. but you don’t play the game at a high level and never did. your choice of players and opinions on footballers in general highlights to me , a distinct lack of finesse. a lack of real insight. You love Hendo. great. he is a great guy, made it at captain of this club and worked his balls off - but he was never a great player. Why bring down other players to try and elevate his status? you are now seemingly doing the same with Trent. every player is responsible for his own game.

you can stand on your head but that won’t change reality.
    Last edited by Steveo; 26th March 2023 at 09:29 PM.

Was Jordan playing for England today?

He did indeed - as did Maguire.

Strange that nobody has cited his assist for Saka.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Let me stop you there, goals and assists are generally easier to come by in the Champions League and cups against the lesser sides, that's why I focused solely on Prem stats, because it gives a much truer picture

I'm really not interested in goals or assists against lesser opposition of weakened teams, cheap goals or assists
    The last time you brought up that idea, only focusing on PL stats - Jotas numbers improved and you didn't seem to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It's pointless talking to someone that says 'we did it all wrong last season' when it suits one agenda and then brings up last seasons numbers to pit against this season - to serve another.

It's like this season we aren't trying to cope post Mane, we haven't suffered the worst injuries in the league (by a distance) AND we aren't trying to integrate a new front line..

All of this is suddenly irrelevant. NOPE it's all just Klopp's fault for not playing to Trents strengths.. This is the new MO.
    We all no it's baloney... but will have to endure
    Neurotypical Steveo

19 is rigidly wedded to some ideas tbf, like 433....

433 exactly like the 19-20? season when Hendo played 6 and the press and counterpress was orchestrated to perfection by our 6.
    A 6 with an effective passing range to transform the side.... its a fair enough argument Hendo has done better than expected under Klopp, and he's played 6 a lot under Klopp - mostly prior to Fab a more physical 6.
    It's a pity that 6/Hendo ended up playing rcm due to some developed notion he could be more ZZ like

Taking your points on board, fair points also. It doesn't chime with your own overall assessment of the owners.
    And I'm acknowledging an under investment, most notably this last summer and January window for a 6/8, the injuries we've had etc
    I still think we can critique 19X & Klopp his imposter

A new front line... and whose left of the ageing Kloppers....

For me a system shake up, even accepting the owners failed in landing Tocuhy & Jude say, certainly was needed this season. Double pivot ahead of the back 4 - instead we are to play a 3 man midfiel with Elliot rcm, that's not the best adaptation.
    We struggle to replace Fab/Hendo/Thiago and keep them all available, but keep playing 3 !
    Maybe one day Elliot will be boss in midfield, but he's not there yet after a succesful loan spell playing RWF

Klopp like 19, is staring at a squad that on paper shouldn't be playing 433, that is playing 433. Maybe next year we add the right players to play 433.. but it is a big part in our issues this year. Playing a system that doesn't match our squads strengths.

Amateurs

That's all there is left to say of you

So much so, you Can't even acknowledge or accept stats, that unlike your use of them actually paint an incredibly clear and accurate picture of how something has affected ALL the players in the team, in this instance very negatively

Let's recap

I say "We're trying to use Thiago as a designated playmaker, he's trying to dominate the ball and it's stopping other players who have always been integral to 'the whole team making the play' getting on the ball and playing their part and it's killing us"

Steveo rubbishes this, posts pages about midfield when the issue, as i've stated is across the entire team being adversely affected by our trying to use a designated playmaker, goes on to post pages about FSG not spending, a few childish youtubes, lots of absolutely pointless meaningless stats

So i return, again talking about the entire team as it's an entire team issue, it's always an entire team issue, i return with absolutely comprehensive undeniable statistical evidence that our employing Thiago as a designated playmaker has drastically reduced every other players in every other position bar Alisson and Virgil, passes per game, not just from last season, but from 2018-2022, by 15% to as much as 30% in some cases, EVERY PLAYER IN EVERY POSITION bar the 2 exceptions listed, and not just their passes per game, their crosses, successful long passes, through balls, big chances created, goals and assists

So reverting to amateur hour type, faced with an unbandance of overwhelming factual statistics that he simply refuses to accept Steveo's response is "It shows he's our only midfielder doing anything this season" unfucking believable Our only midfielder without a single goal or assist or pass before the assist who's been hogging the ball to every other players detriment failing to find any of them where they create from, want and need the ball with the right kind of ball or even find them regularly at all to include them in making the play as THEY ALL have previously, over a large sample of 4 prior seasons been integral to

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

That was Jude Bellingham's 192nd senior game for club and country combined.

He doesn't turn 20 until June.

For context, here is a list of senior apps for other top teenage talent -

Wayne Rooney - 158
    Michael Owen - 118
    Raheem Sterling - 111
    Bukayo Saka - 106
    Robbie Fowler - 82

Top talent so hope he doesn't end up too burnt out by the time he is 28/29/30.