Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: International Break

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    The "designated playmaker"
    Almost won the quadruple..
    He wasn't playing as a designated playmaker last season, most of our actual playmaking in many games came down our right through the Trent Mo and Hendo and most of our successful left to right switches or diagonals came from Robbo and Diaz

Thiago didn't play a single Carabao Cup game

He has never been the fulcrum of anything since arriving here, last season's run to the end in all comps was mostly downs to:

Having 3 top CBs fit all season in Virgil Konate and Matip

Having Mane, Bobby, Mo, Diaz, Jota, Minamino and Origi to use across all compes

Mane reinventing himself yet again to become our best No9 ahead of Bobby and Jota

And the Trent, Mo, Hendo triangle and how expertly they made the play exchanged passes and worked the space and moved opposition players to then be able to release one of the 3, most frequently Mo or Trent to score, assist or set up another player to assist

And sad to say it, but Elliott getting injured and not getting back in played a huge part, as had that not happened and Jurgen had persisted with him at RCM to the detriment of our right and left side last season as he has this, we'd have been as near winning a trophy as we are this season

Quite telling that legs and every other excuse made up for the disaster Jurgen has presided over this season and the players being to blame hasn't stopped Southgate, Clarke and other national managers getting more out of most of our players
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Seems like our players used correctly can comfortably get the business done away from Jurgen and his staff, speaks volumes for our set piece routines and analysis department Robbo can get three assists for Clarke and Scotland too

Meanwhile Elliott and Jones showed their level failing with the U21's

Loved Hendo's assist for Saka by the way, it was right out of the every assist Thiago has made since arriving at LFC playbook, all 5 of them since he arrived, all nothing rudimentary balls to a top forward, who has just gone and produced a bit of magic and top class finish thereafter

It took Thiago 34 games to register his first assist for Liverpool and he has only managed 6 in 3 seasons so far in all competitions and NONE, ZERO, ZILCH in 19 Champions League outings for the club , even the much maligned Henderson has managed 3 Champions League assists since Thiago arrived having played just one more game And there I was thinking we bought Thiago because people wanted more goals and assists from midfield

Enzo Fernandez has registered 2 already in just 7 games for Chelsea

Is Milner?
    Is Matip?
    Is Virgil?
    Is Oxlade
    Is Bobby?
    Is Mo?
    Is Thiago?

where is Mané ?
    where is Gini ?
    where is Shaqiri ?

where is Origi
    where is Lallana

^ C’mon mate… we’re still waiting…

and for something resembling a credible response to dicko’s brilliantly cutting commentary

“ This squad / team couldn't keep it up.
    The players you have mentioned have been ruined by the very methods you advocate.
    Isn't that ironic.”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    That was Jude Bellingham's 192nd senior game for club and country combined.

He doesn't turn 20 until June.

For context, here is a list of senior apps for other top teenage talent -

Wayne Rooney - 158
    Michael Owen - 118
    Raheem Sterling - 111
    Bukayo Saka - 106
    Robbie Fowler - 82

Top talent so hope he doesn't end up too burnt out by the time he is 28/29/30.
    The boy is a top, top player. Could have a lot of injuries later in his career due to so many games so early but the boy’s done unbelievable. I remember the hype when he was at Birmingham, and I may even read the papers tomorrow for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It took Thiago 34 games to register his first assist for Liverpool and he has only managed 6 in 3 seasons so far in all competitions and NONE, ZERO, ZILCH in 19 Champions League outings for the club , even the much maligned Henderson has managed 3 Champions League assists since Thiago arrived having played just one more game And there I was thinking we bought Thiago because people wanted more goals and assists from midfield

Enzo Fernandez has registered 2 already in just 7 games for Chelsea

Last season - Thiago was unavailable for 12 games and we dropped 13 points…

…23 points from a possible 36. Puts us on course for around 70 points. Puts us in a fight with Arsenal for Europa league.

Remember - that’s full strength minus Thiago. 23 points from a possible 36…

Yet the season prior, Thiago’s first at a new club and in a new league, during lockdown and minus ANY senior CB’s at all, no Virgil or a Captain - we somehow managed to take 26 points from a possible 30…?

35 games - 95 points… dum di dum

hmm… a problem for you that just won’t go away 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Last season - Thiago was unavailable for 12 games and we dropped 13 points…��
    You're doing it again!

Coming up with absolutely nonsense meaningless stats that don't support the point you want to make

Football is a game played by 11 players, all of whom contribute ia great number of variable n numerous different situations to get results as comprehensively demonstrated in my meaningful use of stats to illustrate all our players and our right side in particular incredible drop off in their numbers this season with Thiago now trying to operate as a designated playmaker

Now if there were any credible evidence of Thiago getting assists, creating big chances, playing the pass before the assist or the switches or medium to long balls of the required quality to release our forwards and full backs in the kind of time and space they thrive on, you know, actually making the play and to the strengths and abilities of OUR players rather than how he thinks it should be, you could attempt to make an extremely tenuous case, but there is simply no evidence to support that

Our best run of league form this season has come in his absence, and it isn't at all surprising

And that was without having a credible Gini type option to play the LCM controller role, except when Hendo played it superbly v the filthy, Milner also made a better fist of it than Thiago has been doing all season v Real too
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 29th March 2023 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You're doing it again!

Coming up with absolutely nonsense meaningless stats that don't support the point you want to make

Football is a game played by 11 players, all of whom contribute ia great number of variable n numerous different situations to get results as comprehensively demonstrated in my meaningful use of stats to illustrate all our players and our right side in particular incredible drop off in their numbers this season with Thiago now trying to operate as a designated playmaker

Now if there were any credible evidence of Thiago getting assists, creating big chances, playing the pass before the assist or the switches or medium to long balls of the required quality to release our forwards and full backs in the kind of time and space they thrive on, you know, actually making the play and to the strengths and abilities of OUR players rather than how he thinks it should be, you could attempt to make an extremely tenuous case, but there is simply no evidence to support that

Our best run of league form this season has come in his absence, and it isn't at all surprising

And that was without having a credible Gini type option to play the LCM controller role, except when Hendo played it superbly v the filthy, Milner also made a better fist of it than Thiago has been doing all season v Real too
    In other words mate, you know better than league and champions league manager, Jurgen klopp. 🤣🤣

And worse - this while also refusing to answer to this extensive list of players who have aged and those who have left.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Is Milner?
    Is Matip?
    Is Virgil?
    Is Oxlade
    Is Bobby?
    Is Mo?
    Is Thiago?

where is Mané ?
    where is Gini ?
    where is Shaqiri ?

where is Origi
    where is Lallana
    PLUS Hendo…

it seemingly is irrelevant to 19. we should be identical in every way.

dicko totally killed his relentless ramblings with this response.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    The "designated playmaker"
    Almost won the quadruple.
    63 games
    3 finals / 4 if you count the last league game of the season.
    No preseason preparation this season.
    Masses of injuries, due to press and counter press over the last few years.
    This squad / team couldn't keep it up.
    The players you have mentioned have been ruined by the very methods you advocate.
    Isn't that ironic.