Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Trent helping out a bit at one end

Trent helping out a bit at one end

22/23 Assists 2 Goals 1 Passes per game 56.77 Accurate long balls 121 Through balls 11 Crosses 181 Big chances created 16

21/22 Assists 12 Goals 2 Passes per game 67.34 Accurate long balls 203 Through balls 17 Crosses 273 Big chances created 18

De Bruyne stats for 21/22 for comparison

Assists 8 Goals 15 Passes per game 45.12 Accurate long balls 73 Through balls 20 Crosses 180 Big chances created 16

20-21 Assists 7 Goals 2 Passes per game 66.14 Accurate long balls 151 Through balls 6 Crosses 297 Big chances created 14

19-20 Assists 13 Goals 4 Passes per game 64.21 Accurate long balls 192 Through balls 5 Crosses 382 Big chances created 18

18-19 Assists 12 Goals 1 Passes per game 58.52 Accurate long balls 117 Through balls 3 Crosses 201 Big chances created 11

He's been our most creative player for 4 straight seasons and I'll check, but with the big chances created (16) and considering some of the sitters missed from those this season, I think he's our most creative player yet again, despite seeing a lot less of the ball and not having the ball nearly as much in the positions he created so much from the previous 4 seasons
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Oh and before anyone tries to be a smart arse, because I didn't stipulate as i thought it was obvious, but since realised there are quite a few here who will look to misconstrue that, I'm talking about full backs and mids creating for the entire team, predominantly for the forwards and helping make the play

And that has been part and parcel of said setup to utilise both flanks - feeding a huge pressing and rapier like front 3 forward of a covering - weblike midfield rather than a controlling one. A system that has proved very hard for teams to deal with, but a system that has proved - absolutely conclusively - to be hugely taxing. Twice culminating in a collective slump preceding an injury crisis.

But I will park that for a bit, because - in your world, when it suits you:

at any given minute - player ‘a’ is brilliant because he is simply brilliant… which is fine…

but the next - player a is underperforming because of player b OR because the rest of the team aren’t playing to player a’s strengths….?

And Robbo’s numbers are a near absolute mirror of Trent’s. I mean we are talking the width of a cigarette paper between them.

as dicko said… isn’t it ironic that both are finding it so much harder to replicate this after being run into the ground playing a style of football that requires 2 CL squads on a budget that should have us in about 7th!

AND - while you are at it, please try to answer the questions from the international thread.

consider it cathartic

I blame fabihno

You're just ignoring the reality again, you're seemingly unable to process, even given very damning and comprehensive stats to try and help you, how a change of style and personnel has seen so many players number fall or a cliff, while ONE can be clearly seen to be dominating the ball far more, but isn't creating or finding team mates with the right kind of service in the rights areas

Elliott's presence does complicate that for sure, but it seems his inclusion at RCM to the detriment of Trent and Mo and our left side and No9 in the incredible drop off in service they are all receiving as a result is to try and facilitate Thiago operating as a designated playmaker, as if Elliot's supposed to be doing the Bayern Muller role of making runs for Thiago to try and connect with his balls between the lines, well it isn't working

The most simplistic way to view it, for all those struggling is:

Our overall team possession stat in games hasn't really changed, so we have the ball as much

One player is having a lot more of the ball in a position than in all prior season's

Every other player in every other position bar Virgil and Alisson is seeing a lot less of the ball than in all prior season's and not receiving it in areas they produce best from/in or from areas they have always thrived on their service coming from

The result of this is every other players numbers being well down on the four previous seasons and the one player whose number of passes is way up actually also being down on what was already an absolutely dismal and pathetic return on the grounds on which we signed them

To most people without prejudice this combination of a change in stats and the very obvious reasons for it that has coincided with our worst form ever under Jurgen should be blindingly obvious

Players can't create as effectively as they have in all other seasons if they aren't getting as much of the ball, the right kind of passes in the right areas and from the variety of areas and sources they're accustomed to

If we're down 30% or more on successful long balls and on crosses the players who make themm aren't getting the ball in the right areas and other players who contibute to them aren't doing as much if they're seeing a lot less of the ball

It's not rocket science it's painfully obvious simple logistics and frankly ridiculous to try and deny

It certainly isn't rocket science...

Just stop.. All you are doing is highlighting why you are so wrong. The players are collectively miles behind where they were as team when they were younger and in their prime. Not rocket science for certain.

The reason that Trent isn't able to replicate what he did before is because there isn't that same trident at the top end, or the same energy in the middle or the same steel at the back.. It's what happens. players age and players get tired and players lose form. Trents lack of defensive nouse is being ruthlessly exposed as the team offers less threat in the final third... Simples..

Since new years 2022
    Robbo: 2 Goals & 18 assists
    Trent: 3 goals & 11 assists

Robbo has outperformed Trent for goals and assists for over a year now.
    Robbo is far more robust defensively.
    Robbo puts in far more of a shift.

Trent has looked as disinterested and slack as Keita this year.
    By far his worst season at LFC this year.
    Boy needs a slap in the face and a good fucking haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It certainly isn't rocket science...

Just stop.. All you are doing is highlighting why you are so wrong. The players are collectively miles behind where they were as team when they were younger and in their prime. Not rocket science for certain.

The reason that Trent isn't able to replicate what he did before is because there isn't that same trident at the top end, or the same energy in the middle or the same steel at the back.. It's what happens. players age and players get tired and players lose form. Trents lack of defensive nouse is being ruthlessly exposed as the team offers less threat in the final third... Simples..
    What a load of horse shit lame lazy ill thought out nonsense as ever, 'the trident' the trident that anyone of Mane Origi Diaz Jota Bobby Oxlade Lallana Minamino Mo and others with Gini chipping in arriving from LCM on occasion a certain champions league semi springs to mind, that no matter who was in it, Trent provided season after season until this one where he's had Elliott in his space almost every game (well documented and detailed by every EPL broadcaster not just me) and a designated playmaker who can't even do the basics of bringing our most prolific players into the game, a designated playmaker making it far too easy for sides trying to press you to set traps read your play and anticipate what's coming and counter you successfully almost every time you lose possessiom (precisely why Real Bayern Barca and so many others started moving away from that model a couple of seasons ago)

Soft as shit these days.

His defensive efforts have never been worse