Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trent helping out a bit at one end

Masses of injuries, due to press and counter press over the last few years.
    This squad / team couldn't keep it up.
    The players you have mentioned have been ruined by the very methods you advocate.
    Isn't that ironic.
    This is more nonsense, I see our players performing perfectly well, not looking at all jaded or leggy on international duty, I see them do it when we're set up right, some arguments made in this thread knocking Trent have been commenting on how much more running Robbo does and how full of running he is, it also failed to account for Fab's deficiencies in the press and 'sitting' in front of our back four so not actively contributing to it or Elliott starting almost every game and being absolutely nowhere near contributing to it or on it or in it

Our injuries are a result of changes to our backroom and medical staff, it has been pretty well covered

Main issues with the press and counter press in our set up, which even Southgate has England doing better than Jurgen who developed the practice to much higher levels has our lads doing and he's not alone in international managers in charge of some of our players currently doing pressing and counter pressing than Jurgen, because, as detailed, you can't try and play a possession game with a designated playmaker and a top class pressing and counter pressing game

So the first issue is Jurgen has been trying to cultivate a style that not only weakens a teams ability to play a high level pressing and counter pressing game, but that makes it incredible easy for other sides to set up to press and counter press and counter them

Were we actually trying to play a pressing and counter pressing game, the first and long term issue to address is we have persisted with a midfield destroyer we bought to play as a high destroyer as a DM following our being found out using him in the role we bought him for. Who persistently lets our press be broken and has never has the box to box ability, pace or athleticism of a genuine DM to perform the role or chase back and get back between defenders when necessary and if that wasn't enough, his lack of reading of the game and positioning and anticipation means he generally sits in deeper, off the press, in front of our back four.

A DM or No6 sitting off the press in front of our back four is not actively contributing to the press, they are not in it, so it is already deficient from how we played it at its highest levels in 19-20 in his absence. We need a new proper top class DM to start next season and to draw a line under this nonsense, or we'll end up keeping him like we have/did Ox, Keita, Gomez, Moreno, Origi and others, taking up a considerable wage and a foreign player squad slot

We need to coach Nunez on his contributions to the press and counter press, his work rate at it and intensity in it, Wagbo seems on point very early, as was Diaz so it will be good to have him back, although we what use it will be when we're not playing a pressing and counter pressing game and don't have a chance of while persisting with this season's nonsense remains to be seen
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

oh yes - Virgil looked boss v the French. Trent didn’t even get a game and Hendo got a run out in a virtual dead rubber at Wembley against a nation on its knees from war and one that was beaten comprehensively 3:0 by Scotland in September.

Isn’t it ironic…

Your time has come.

3 assists for Robbo
    An assist for Hendo
    A goal and assist for Mo...............................

Wins wins win all round pretty much

I've seen Robbo for Scotland and hendo for England, they never look tired

Yes Ukraine are by no means the equivalent of playing a Forest, Leeds or Bournemouth and their players aren't involved in a war or residents of the Ukraine either

England playing Ukraine is no different from Liverpool playing Bournemouth, Leeds, Forest, Wolves, Brentford etc, I didn't see Southgate lining up with unproven U21's or a piss poor CB like Gomez in his team though or a player at Dm who isn't, never has been and never will be a DM, I saw Rice doing things we NEVER see and never have seen Fab do, Elliott was playing for the U21's, badly You know the Elliott who's been starting at RCM to the teams detriment almost every fucking game

Edit: It is absolutely embarrassing that Southgate's making himself look a better manager than Jurgen right now, Elliott is in the U21's in the England set up for a reason and he isn't pulling up any trees for them either, he just shouldn't ever have been starting games in the Premier league for a club with our aspirations, let alone breaking up our right sides trio that were the fulcrum of creativtiy of our side last season and almost steered the team to an unprecedented quadruple
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 30th March 2023 at 09:34 PM.

Forest 1-0 Liverpool Elliott at RCM Jones at LCM fab and Gomez at DM and CB

Liverpool 1-2 Leeds Elliott at RCM Fab and Gomez at Dm and Cb

Brentford 3-1 Liverpool Elliott at RCM Fab at DM

Wolves 3-0 Liverpool Bajcetic at No6 Keita at RCM Gomez at CB

Liverpool 2-5 Real Bajcetic at LCM Fab and Gomez at DM and CB

Bournemouth 1-0 Liverpool Bajcetic at LCM Fab at DM Elliott at RCM

Oh right so they are all playing their best football then? Virgil and Trent —- oh and FYI Hendo passed the ball 3 yards to Saka who did all the work himself - and struck a superb ball into the top corner BTW - as clear a case of an assist being a skewed stat as you will find

You are inventing new narratives to try and confuse and is cute the truth in support of a theory which has been totally and utterly destroyed.

once again - attend to the multiple players I asked you about. Should they be playing at the same level now as they were 4 years ago? and what about those who have left?

“Isn’t it ironic”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

Our injuries are a result of changes to our backroom and medical staff, it has been pretty well covered
    So not Jurgens fault then? And - forgive me - but what caused a similar break down to a younger squad in 2020/21?

Was it the wind that time? 😉

According to Dortmund as well as other German news outlets Bellingham has No Release clause in his current contract.
    Reported by Bild in Germany Dortmund are looking to arrange a meeting over the Easter Weekend,to offer him a 1 yr contract extension raising his 6m euros a yr up to 15m euros a yr.
    Along with a 150m euro Release Clause.
    Last edited by fagin; 30th March 2023 at 09:59 PM.

I'm not inventing anything, I've watched our players loads of times on international duty, they mostly all perform very well, and don't look tired or leggy

Also, I knew that about Saka's goal, it put it in just for you as it was pretty much a carbon copy of the only assists Thiago has actually ever made for us (and here you are criticising Trent ), giving it Mane or Diaz with nothing balls over an even shorter distance for both to ghost past a player with their signature move inside onto their right and smash the ball home

I would bet a considerable sum that were i to check match threads I'd find you and your ThisISAnfield saddos raving about a brilliant assist from Thiago, like the brilliant ball for Salah that ran out of play

35 games - 95 points.. Back to School for 19x

You just can't get Thiago outta your head mate.. Not healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So not Jurgens fault then? And - forgive me - but what caused a similar break down to a younger squad in 2020/21?

Was it the wind that time? ��
    How ironic ^^^

That was the Cbs and Hendo, that was it, it was nothing at all to do with how we play, Virgil was assaulted by Prickford, Gomez broke down in England training with a recurrence of his original bad injury, Matip has always been prone to recurring injuries, Hendo got injured through twat cheating Manc cunt Kavanagh letting Doucoure try dragging him back for fully 15 yards when he was trying to drive the ball forward out of defence when being played as a CB