Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Trent helping out a bit at one end

And we have suffered no such bad luck this season? A season where we try to cope with the loss of one of our 2 star front men. A season where only 1 of our major front 4 (Salah) of the last 3 seasons has featured? A season following an almost quad - with 63 games?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    35 games - 95 points.. Back to School for 19x

You just can't get Thiago outta your head mate.. Not healthy.
    it's a team game, we didn't win those games as a result of his inclusion, again how ironic, trying to credit a teams performance over a number of ones players inclusion is the height of ridiculousness

Were he orchestrating the press and making the play exceptionally well releasing our forwards and full backs to create and assist while scoring and assisting himself as Hendo did in 19-20, you might be able to talk him up a bit, Henderson was absolutely integral to our winning the title in 19-20, but, I never once claimed it was all down to him as you persist with attempting to do with Thiago

How many goals, assists or passes to release players did Thiago mange in those games, and we're talking actual assists as you've pointed out earlier, not playing a rudimentary nothing ball to Mane or Diaz and then conjuring some magic themselves - Zero I think you'll find

Back to school for Steveo it seems he needs an education in what's expected of a midfielder bought to offer more assists, goals and passes before the assist
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

At some point you are going to have to also accept that our Virgil is not what he was pre Prickford. He was decent last season but he wasn’t at the level he was prior to that injury. This season after all those games coming off that near season long lay off - he has looked utterly beatable frankly. This can be added to the plethora of things Klopp has had to contend with. A virtually spent midfield - with 3 crocks and a pensioner in Ox, Keita, Jones & Milner all unable to support the 3 main men who all look at various stages of spent. The thrusting in of a lad who was 17 just a few months ago - Bajcetic - into the crux period of our season..

A front line that is totally in transition. With Bobby on the treatment table mostly And Jota too - we have even tried Elliot up front FFS.

I mean - how can anyone ignore these factors?

The only reason you choose to do so is because it all highlights the bogus nature of your claims.
    Last edited by Steveo; 30th March 2023 at 10:08 PM.

Also I did an examination of your 'We dropped x points when he didn't play' line

We dropped points against sides we often drop points against such as City H (D), Spurs away (D), Chelsea away (D), dropped points v Leicester away (L) with them scoring their only effort on target and Mo missing a penalty and a couple of other brilliant chances, and it's also a case of who else was missing and who else played, the only thing I can give you on this is our not investing in a Gini replacement, but that again is a result of Jurgen keeping on the likes of Fab, Keita and Oxlade and putting far too much faith in players like jones who aren't good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    At some point you are going to have to also accept that our Virgil is not what he was pre Prickford.
    Even pre Prickford there was a critcism that has come to the fore now that I levelled at him that no-one else would have because similarly to the Fab situation they were rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of Virgil replacing Hendo as captain, I have stressed for sometime that I do not think Virgil is a good captain, the other common denominator on top of the weak links we continually started of most of the games I listed just earlier that we were terrible in and lost to sides we should be beating was no Hendo or Milner starting, so Virgil was Captain

Another thing I've been saying for ages, been rubbished for yet here we are

He's not the player he was pre Prickford, but he absolutely sucks in a red shirt these days when he's Captain

Virgil was also captain for the 3-0 loss to Watford Fab being at No6 and Lovren shitter albeit not as bad a Gomez at Cb being the other common factors

He was also Captain for the 7-2 thrashing by Villa Fab at No6 with Gomez at Cb AGAIN being the other common factors

How many fucking times, how many fucking times are that pair going to appear together and be a fucking disaster and have meltsdowns for the penny to drop, after all these fixtures and disasters with that pair playing in those positions, the 19-20 Atletico disaster also, Jurgen still started both of them in the same line up v Real, how long are these 2 wage thieves going to remain at the club and starting games in a key position in Fab's case

Yet again, he zooms in on one player… in this case it’s the only player who played every single game over the two seasons we won the CL and the title. The single biggest reason behind our ability to cope with a less than stellar midfield over that period too.

Came at a cost it seems..

But here’s the thing… not even an attempt to deal with the huge raft of issues the manager has faced across so many players that was outlined:

Too old:
    Milner

Persistently unavailable:
    Oxlade
    Keita
    Jones

OR

Treatment table most of season:
    Bobby
    Jota
    Diaz
    Matip

OR

Too young:
    Bajcetic

OR

Not here anymore:
    Mané
    Origi
    Minamino

So then, all of this in a season following 63 games…

This season where we have had to cope with a non existent pre season - without 2/3rds and often 3/4 of our traditional front 3/4. But it’s all Jurgen’s fault…Or is that Thiago’s? Or maybe Virgil’s? Oh no - probably Fabinho..? Or Gomez…?

Come on dude.. be fair.

Come back Taksin. All is forgiven...

Surely you don’t mean that Justin? 😉

Besides he is still lurking. Trawling these boards… presumably in the form of a bot.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Come back Taksin. All is forgiven...
    Well played Sir

All i'm hearing from Steveo is excuses for Klopp's shortfallings and mistakes

As detailed Klopp put far too much stock in keeping the same group of players together to our detriment, Oxlade Keita being on the treatment table isn't a valid excuse nor is it a result of how we play, Klopp chose to keep them and give them pay rises

According to Owen on BT Sport Mane wanted to leave a season earlier than he did, Mane was hugely disrespected by Klopp, treated like a second class citizen next to Salah and then Jota, not treated or recognised as our MVP forward he was in overall contribution with and without the ball

Then in true Steveo fashion he tries to attack me, not for questioning Virgil's contribution as a player as he did, but as a captain, some of the very best players don't make good captains I never said a thing about Virgil in 18-20, i know he isn't pre Prickford Virgil anymore but none of our defence are being helped by what Jurgen has done with our midfield by what Jurgen has attempted to implement as evolution that has been anything done

All of our issues areissues are of Jurgen's own making