Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Trent helping out a bit at one end

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The number of big chances created considering how much less he's seen of the ball in the areas he's always previously created from tell a different story and AGAIN he is still most frequently our player who finds our LFWD and LB in space and isolation on the opposite side to give them a good opportunity to create

AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN it is a game of 11 players, you don't efer seem to consider that, in other posts you ignored a vitally important incredible drop off in crosses and accurate long balls from our entire right side of Trent Elliott and Mo compared to last seasons of Trent Hendo and Mo, it matters immensely as those passes and crosses were a huge part of our play and playmaking providing LFWD LCM LB and No9 with more service because it's a game of 11 fucking players
    I've shown his drop off in Goal & assists since New years 2022 to the present day.
    He had 4 assists in January, thereafter 1 per month for February, March, April and May.
    His decline in productivity preceded the return of Elliot from injury.

I've slate Elliot at RCM, and was mildy mocked by Balinkay for saying Trent would be World Class after a few appearances.

So there's no history, or reason, for me to have a bias against Trent.

For a year and a half he's been in poor form, his defending or efforts to defend the worst of his career at LFC. Worst of all it is effort, and unlike Virgil he's had no major injury.
    He's a fucking soft as shite lad now.

While you're slating a lad who is only a full back who 'helps out a bit at the other end' by Steveo's account who's still the TOP performer of all our players in that respect, the stat itself is a nonsense

So it can be and in some cases looking at the stats, often is just a rudimentary nothing pass, that a player of a certain types will take on, get half a yard and have a speculative effort that has precious little chance of success THAT is not a key fucking pass, these middle class wankers don't half come up with some shite ideas for making up new stats and defining them as such things

How would I define a key pass?

A pass that releases another player to assist - A key pass all day long

A pass that actually releases a player in behind for a genuine chance on goal - A key pass all day long

A rudimentary, nothing pass, that a player takes on and tries a speculative effort on goal from, simply shouldn't count as a key pass, not ever, because it isn't

Whoscored define a
    Key Pass
    - The final pass leading to a shot at goal from a teammate

Pass before an Assist is a different stat, it would not qualify as a key pass.

If you want to call a pass-b4-an-Assist as a key pass, go for it.

However the same criticism can easily be applied to that stat too.
    Virgil easy pass to Robbo, who bombs down the wing beats 2 men and crosses it for Bobby to head home...
    Virgil gets a pass-b4-an-assist, Robbie does all the work.

As pointed out Trents key passes are down.

In addition to being soft as shite, he's developed a lazy as fuck passing style. Static, receive ball, punt it upfield with zero energy or intention.
    He's done this so often, he's wasted chances to drive forward into space. A right lazy bollocks.

Our fullbacks get their chances to create.

Seeing as you like PL only stats...
    This year both Tsimi & Robbo have more assists than Trent.
    Neither of our left backs have been as soft as Trent defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Difficult to say either way with any degree of certainty. As I said - I had assumed you were. Justin seems certain you are not, I am bowing to his superior knowledge on these matters, but leaving the door open to the possibility still.
    Turns out I'm neither. You're wrong on all counts. As is Justine (there's another nickname he/she gets to pick from).

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Our fullbacks get their chances to create.

Seeing as you like PL only stats...
    This year both Tsimi & Robbo have more assists than Trent.
    Neither of our left backs have been as soft as Trent defensively.
    You're just not getting it, or seeing it, again a lot of the passes to release our players on our left are coming from our right, crucially, as covered in analysis by every EPL broadcaster, Elliott is getting in Trent's space and Mo's for that matter on our right

That isn't even a subject for discussion, it has been covered so comprehensively, surely you understand, actually you obviously don't, because you haven't understood how playing a 4231 would see our left and right attacking midfielders get in the space of our attacking full backs

Trent isn't getting the balls in the areas he has always delivered from, because Elliott is always in that/his space, again every EPL broadcaster has covered this, it isn't new, Jurgen hasn't changed or tweaked it to stop that issue either, it's been going on all season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Turns out I'm neither. You're wrong on all counts. As is Justine (there's another nickname he/she gets to pick from).
    Fair enough.

You're just not getting it, or seeing it, again a lot of the passes to release our players on our left are coming from our right, crucially, as covered in analysis by every EPL broadcaster, Elliott is getting in Trent's space and Mo's for that matter on our right

That isn't even a subject for discussion, it has been covered so comprehensively, surely you understand, actually you obviously don't, because you haven't understood how playing a 4231 would see our left and right attacking midfielders get in the space of our attacking full backs

Trent isn't getting the balls in the areas he has always delivered from, because Elliott is always in that/his space, again every EPL broadcaster has covered this, it isn't new, Jurgen hasn't changed or tweaked it to stop that issue either, it's been going on all season
    You pretend like Klopp didn't deploy attacking fullbacks when playing 4231 at Dortmund, or here at LFC.
    It's a peculiar notion

Again, our right side issues preceded the introduction of Elliot. It started with Hendo playing rcm in a more advanced position.

And finally, there's no excusing Trents defensive efforts, nor the attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Your posts are far too short, and yet waffley to be Taksin. Would be surprised if Taksin would bother trolling under a new username.

Again, our right side issues preceded the introduction of Elliot. It started with Hendo playing rcm in a more advanced position.

And finally, there's no excusing Trents defensive efforts, nor the attitude.
    No it didn't, we scored lots of goals from Mo, Hendo and Trent manipulating the space to allow one of them to create, Mo's form dropping off considerably in open play in the last 10 Premier league games with 5 in 10 but 3 of them from penalties he didn't win was where the drop off started, Mo was getting slated for his poor performance in the back end of the season with many feeling he was holding back trying keeping his options open and avoid getting injured as he hadn't been given the contract he was demanding, that is exactly where it started, one of the three not putting in their share of the collective effort

You've forgotten Mo was getting slated then I take it?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Mané was getting the same pre AFCON. Surely we can’t have forgotten that? In fact Mané was well below his best for an entire season and a half. It took Diaz to all but take his place and for him to be shifted to the 9 before he found his shooting boots.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/11/liverpools-sadio-mane-admits-to-enduring-worst-season-of-my-career

It happens. Players can’t replicate their best form all the time. Very few manage it across their entire career, and when they do - they are put up there with the best players of all time.

You are making no allowances for the very high intensity style of football you advocate either. Players can’t keep that up for too long, before a crash. 2-3 seasons straight is a big ask. Mané and Mo were both up there at the peak for 3- 4. That’s a good innings. Look at him this season in a far less taxing league at Bayern. Suddenly a victim of injury like half our squad.

If Klopp has a flaw it is overworking players. This could be a reason why no players have followed him. IMO for us to play that way indefinitely, we would need 2 first team players for every key position. That’s unattainable with the current club structure.
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st April 2023 at 08:50 AM.

Your posts are far too short, and yet waffley to be Taksin. Would be surprised if Taksin would bother trolling under a new username.
    A shooting star is nothing at all?