Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Trent helping out a bit at one end

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    22/23 Assists 2 Goals 1 Passes per game 56.77 Accurate long balls 121 Through balls 11 Crosses 181 Big chances created 16

21/22 Assists 12 Goals 2 Passes per game 67.34 Accurate long balls 203 Through balls 17 Crosses 273 Big chances created 18

De Bruyne stats for 21/22 for comparison

Assists 8 Goals 15 Passes per game 45.12 Accurate long balls 73 Through balls 20 Crosses 180 Big chances created 16

20-21 Assists 7 Goals 2 Passes per game 66.14 Accurate long balls 151 Through balls 6 Crosses 297 Big chances created 14

19-20 Assists 13 Goals 4 Passes per game 64.21 Accurate long balls 192 Through balls 5 Crosses 382 Big chances created 18

18-19 Assists 12 Goals 1 Passes per game 58.52 Accurate long balls 117 Through balls 3 Crosses 201 Big chances created 11

He's been our most creative player for 4 straight seasons and I'll check, but with the big chances created (16) and considering some of the sitters missed from those this season, I think he's our most creative player yet again, despite seeing a lot less of the ball and not having the ball nearly as much in the positions he created so much from the previous 4 seasons
    Taaaa Daaaaaaa Good lad Trent, you show them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

22/23 Assists 2 Goals 1 Passes per game 56.77 Accurate long balls 121 Through balls 11 Crosses 181 Big chances created 16

21/22 Assists 12 Goals 2 Passes per game 67.34 Accurate long balls 203 Through balls 17 Crosses 273 Big chances created 18

De Bruyne stats for 21/22 for comparison

Assists 8 Goals 15 Passes per game 45.12 Accurate long balls 73 Through balls 20 Crosses 180 Big chances created 16

20-21 Assists 7 Goals 2 Passes per game 66.14 Accurate long balls 151 Through balls 6 Crosses 297 Big chances created 14

19-20 Assists 13 Goals 4 Passes per game 64.21 Accurate long balls 192 Through balls 5 Crosses 382 Big chances created 18

18-19 Assists 12 Goals 1 Passes per game 58.52 Accurate long balls 117 Through balls 3 Crosses 201 Big chances created 11

He's been our most creative player for 4 straight seasons and I'll check, but with the big chances created (16) and considering some of the sitters missed from those this season, I think he's our most creative player yet again, despite seeing a lot less of the ball and not having the ball nearly as much in the positions he created so much from the previous 4 seasons
    Hmmm 3 wins on the bounce since getting our most creative player on the ball more and four assists for Trent

First time we've won 3 in a row all season Maybe I had a point?

Except it isn’t.

It is the second time this season we have won 3 on the bounce and a certain Italian born, Spanish national of Brazilian extraction has been involved in every one of them.

We won 4 on the bounce Spurs, Southampton, Villa, Leicester starting November 6th.

And what point is it that you are making on Trent? That he is far far better going forward and playing in a more advanced role than he is at defending.? Every man and his dog has known that for years. What is baffling is that it took a disaster of a season to finally do something about it. Sadly we still need a right back. With Virgil so off form we cannot afford Trent in that position.

You've been wrong on Trent and Gakpo best be quiet now

I should have checked the 3 in a row, I took the commentator at their word on that one

I've been wrong on what you said about Trent (recent games proving it so) and on Gakpo too it's best I be quiet now

I should have checked the 3 in a row, I took the commentator at their word on that one, something I repeatedly do when it suits me and laugh at when it doesn't

Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It certainly isn't rocket science...

Just stop.. All you are doing is highlighting why you are so wrong. The players are collectively miles behind where they were as team when they were younger and in their prime. Not rocket science for certain.

The reason that Trent isn't able to replicate what he did before is because there isn't that same trident at the top end, or the same energy in the middle or the same steel at the back.. It's what happens. players age and players get tired and players lose form. Trents lack of defensive nouse is being ruthlessly exposed as the team offers less threat in the final third... Simples..
    Bump... Perhaps someone at the club noticed it too

His stats show he's actually improved defensively

He needs coaching about losing his man on crosses for sure

Most goals we've been conceding have been comin from players being released or breaking our lines and press driving the ball down our left and left of centre

Trent isn't being found in the spaces and areas he creates most from

He's often the person who releases our LFWD or Robbo or Tsimikas in space on our left to then be able to create

Big chances created also translates as 'team mate missed a sitter' Trent has 16, 10 more than Robbo i think and has had quite a few sitters missed

Jurrgen's attempts to move to a designated playmaker system Real, Barca Bayern and many others abandoned a couple of season's back because of the ever increasing number of well organised pressing sides that maade such a system now defunct and needless breaking up of our most prolifically productive right side trio and insistence on playing Elliott at RCM are the true source of our issues

And no - his problem wasn't just from crosses. Inability to track players or position himself correctly OR win any duels being a primary factor...

This is why he hasn't been... erm... moved up the pitch. - Naturally..

He is being used to do what he does best.. affect our attacking play while keeping him away from defensive areas as much as possible.

And guess what.. it has worked to a certain degree. Nobody is saying it is the perfect solution BUT it has definitely had a beneficial affect at both ends of the pitch. What I have been banging on about almost ALL season. Probably the biggest boon we have had of late...and it fits in with Trent and his ability to create... The return of genuine competition up front. Feel for Nunez.. but the lad has to do better. Obviously clodhopping defenders don't see it, but that is their issue.
    Last edited by Steveo; 27th April 2023 at 12:13 PM.

That's a lot of posts to try and cover your tracks, just admit you've been shown up on Trent and Gakpo, i can go and quote what you said about Gakpo, while i was saying he looked an excellent Bobby replacement

I suspect you really rather don't like Trent looking more of an accomplished playmakers than your beloved Thiago has ever looked for us after just 3 games

You need to read better too and quit trying to omit and misrepresent things, my posts on Trent talk about him not receiving the ball as much and not in the positions he creates from, and that he has always been an integral part of making our play, you try and misrepresent that and talk only about his crossing, i've never held the same basic limited view of Trent or Gakpo for that matter, as you

I can read. I also posted your words. nobody is covering their tracks but you.

You were suggesting Trent was performing brilliantly where he was. It’s in this thread. Best defensive stats etc. He has been shifted to where it is believed he has more impact. And this far it has payed off. How much of that is due to returning strikers is hard to tell BUT it is a fact.

Yet the same geezer defending him playeimg where he was is now claiming. credit for the move.

I mean… Once again. I think it’s hands on head in the corner

I wasn't sggesting he was performing brilliantly, i said we weren't playing to his strengths an d were weren't giving him the ball as much in areas he can create from, which includes making the play, something i've talked about Trent doing since 18-19 AND RCM making the width to release him inside also, something we actually did some of last season

Do you want me to find the very recent post of you absolutely rubbishing Trent playing in midfield when i put him in the in a yourteam thread with reasons not too disimalar to what we're seeing from him now for my including him in midfield when i'm on my laptop later to embarrass you further?

Please do. And if you honestly think Trent is a midfielder or is playing as a midfielder right now.. Then I suggest you learn the sport.

IF he is to transition back to the midfield longer term - and have success - he will have to be quicker on the ball. quicker in his head and better at shooting.

simples.