Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Trent helping out a bit at one end

Quite simple what has happened. he has been given more freedom when we attack to loosen the strings and join in for longer periods and in more advanced areas. In short - allow him to do the damage his right foot can.

Hence since the 30th March he has gone from 2 assists..in a side where he was culpable for defensive deficiency.. into 7..

Just think.. in less than 1 month.. This post from CC was 30th March.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Key passes in the PL-ONLY for LFC players

Trent 1.8 pg (about half of where it was)
    Salah 1.8 pg
    Robbo 1.7 pg
    Thiago 1.2 pg
    Darwin 1.2 pg
    Tsimi 1.1 pg
    Bobby

Assists
    Salah 7
    Robbo 6
    Tsimi 4
    Bobby 4
    Darwin 3
    Jota 2
    Elliot 2
    Diaz 2
    Trent 2
    Alison 1
    Miller 1
    Hendo 1

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/26/Show/England-Liverpool
    Trent now has 7 assists.

Klopp mentioned a double 6??

He is still tasked with defending as as part of the 4 at the back. This is a hybrid role.

Trent isn’t playing in midfield. Nor is he ready to take one of the 3 berths we usually offer. You think Klopp doesn’t see him in training? Seriously. You think you know things… but you clearly don’t.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/0...tten-in-stone/
    Last edited by Steveo; 27th April 2023 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Quite simple what has happened. he has been given more freedom when we attack to loosen the strings and join in for longer periods and in more advanced areas. In short - allow him to do the damage his right foot can.
    Ie finding him in positions he can create from and playing to his strengths

Keep up love, i'll post it later as it can't be quoted, so needs to be copied and pasted but i've just found a post i made describing my proposed evolution for Trent with him coming more advanced in more of an inside right position, from May 2019 and there'll be a lot more like it, it seems your all 4 years behind me

Maybe don't be so condescending as to try and explain something to someone that had the idea of in principal 4 years ago while you were pleasuring yourself over youtubes of Thiago at Bayern while still unable to comprehend how we destroyed him and them

David Ngog :
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Maybe let Jurgen in on it - every little helps..

Posted 13th May 2019 Nineteenx

I still feel there is a lot more to come from Trent too and which will be great development for his game if he is to move forward into midfield later in his career. His crossing from the right is brilliant. I still feel he can develop his crossing from a bit deeper wide right to whip in the same type of ball Hendo does from inside right, over the centre back, dipping towards the far post area and I'm sure he will.

Where I think Trent's play will develop further is in situations in which Salah and Hendo are wide right, occupying full back and centre back and opening the channels, I think as things progress, in these situations Trent will learn to come forward in field into the inside right position Hendo often finds himself
    Mind of a revolutionary and evolutionary, I only arrived at that 2 years before Guardiola starting using Cancelo as I wanted us to start using Trent and Robbo more and 4 years before the LB or RB stepping into midfield and coming into those inside positions began

I got my crossing from deeper and switches at least
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 27th April 2023 at 05:57 PM.

From the 18th of May 2019

Think it will do this quite a lot

Allisson

Matip_____Van Dijk

Fabinho
    Henderson________Keita/Playmaker

_____Trent__Bobby______Robertson

Salah__________Mane__________
    Note Trent's position, see anything familiar? Inside right more advanced?

At least Origi was reading ahead of the Champions League final when found in the position Robbo so often used to be found

That bottom right corner looks good against Lloris Robbo

There is going to be absolutely loads more of these and on Trent transitioning into midfield positions in the thread these are from

June 2019

I think the other area Robbo can improve offensively, considering it's one of our trademark moves, again one that gives us an advantage over a lot of teams, is when that ball's gone to Hendo inside right and the cross for Mane is obviously going to come in, Robbo's usually advanced on our left or at inside left with Mane moving central for the header, Robbo needs to be anticipating that cross coming and steaming into the box to the far post area to prod it home or turn it back across goal if it goes over Mane, that'll definitely lead to a lot more goals for the team
    Another missed opportunity at further evolution through a lack of thought, coaching or both

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Bear with me here, but I could be, 'could be' tempted by

Alisson

Gomez Matip Van Dijk Robbo

Trent Henderson Bajcetic

Salah Wagbo Nunez

I am usually strongly against this moving full backs into midfield crap, but having though more about it, in the past it has been common place because they were converted wingers and their skills were about dribbling and going past players with the ball, which they were only able to do because they arrived in space from deeper unmarked

Trent however is not this type of player, Trent is a baller, he spends most of his time and has been heavily involved in the press and counter press in that area of the pitch for a few seasons, frequently assuming the pressing and counter pressing position of the RCM with them sitting deeper covering his foray forward, he can play switches and look to play in or release any of the 3 forwards from that position too, Hendo is the ideal leader and reader of the game to direct and help Trent, Bajcetic and Nunez in the press and counter press, legs either side of him

Worth a shot for me
    You know, I think I sold it to someone

Oooh almost forgot what Steveo had to say about it

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I think it would prove conclusively to those who keep wanting to see Trent in the midfield, just how poorly equipped he is for that role.
    VERY David Ngog
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 27th April 2023 at 07:28 PM.

You're all VERY welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    22/23 Assists 2 Goals 1 Passes per game 56.77 Accurate long balls 121 Through balls 11 Crosses 181 Big chances created 16

21/22 Assists 12 Goals 2 Passes per game 67.34 Accurate long balls 203 Through balls 17 Crosses 273 Big chances created 18

De Bruyne stats for 21/22 for comparison

Assists 8 Goals 15 Passes per game 45.12 Accurate long balls 73 Through balls 20 Crosses 180 Big chances created 16

20-21 Assists 7 Goals 2 Passes per game 66.14 Accurate long balls 151 Through balls 6 Crosses 297 Big chances created 14

19-20 Assists 13 Goals 4 Passes per game 64.21 Accurate long balls 192 Through balls 5 Crosses 382 Big chances created 18

18-19 Assists 12 Goals 1 Passes per game 58.52 Accurate long balls 117 Through balls 3 Crosses 201 Big chances created 11

He's been our most creative player for 4 straight seasons and I'll check, but with the big chances created (16) and considering some of the sitters missed from those this season, I think he's our most creative player yet again, despite seeing a lot less of the ball and not having the ball nearly as much in the positions he created so much from the previous 4 seasons