Page 1 of 36 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Man City v Liverpool

Match Thread : Man City v Liverpool

Back to proper football after the International break. Point at least reds come on, no Haaland in their squad today, make them work for their goals, no gifts ffs.

Alisson

TAA
    Konate
    VVD
    Robertson

Henderson
    Fabinho
    Elliott

Salah
    Jota
    Gakpo

Subs: Kelleher, Tsimikas, Gomez, Matip, Arthur, Milner, Ox, Firmino, Núñez.

Would rather Núñez had made it, his pace and power on the break would have made him a real danger today.
    "I am the Normal One."

Meh...

it is april the first I guess
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

As always our right side will be a worry defensively

A pal of mine is responding well to Leukaemia treatment, cousin recently got married and another pal who has a new baby is settling into being a bloody brilliant parent.

They've all put the game into perspective so I think I am actually looking forward to this game in a way I hadn't anticipated. Though I might feel differently by 12.35

Would have liked to have seen Núñez and am curious as to whether or not their patterns of play are actually better minus Haaland, even though his finishing is ruthless.

Fingers tightly crossed. Come on Reds!

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Elliott Fabinho Henderson

Salah Wagbo Jota

Not sure how this will line up, I'd expect Henderson to play the LCM role he played so brilliantly and vitally in the 7-0 thrashing of the filthy, Wagbo at No9 for me for how he performed in defending and on the counter in the same game, we'll probably see something bizarrely different if the rest of the season is anything to go by though, as doing what appears to make sense isn't something we've seen very often at all

Need the win, this is one of 12 Cup finals we have left this season, let's bum these here today, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think the key today is how we deal with Rodri, he is a unit and he has bullied his way through lots of matches this season and my concern is that we always seem to come up short when the game gets physical… if we can not make any silly mistakes, keep our concentration levels high, and take any chances that come our way…and like I say dont allow Rodri to bully us…if we can do all that, we have a good chance for a good result…fingers crossed we all turn up today, its just a shame Diaz isnt available today… ����

Won't get to see this today, quality match thread and 3 points bitte

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    I think the key today is how we deal with Rodri
    He's sadly exactly the kind of genuine DM we needed to bring in rather than play a RB as a DM since 19-20, he needs to be constantly press, City still play their triangles between defence and Rodri while everyone else keeps moving their position and making runs looking to be found, as ever, stopping City playing their triangles is key to beating them, while Rodri isn't a designated playmaker, they start a lot of their play through that triangle, so denying him any time and space to get on the ball and getting in his face is essential
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    A pal of mine is responding well to Leukaemia treatment, cousin recently got married and another pal who has a new baby is settling into being a bloody brilliant parent.

They've all put the game into perspective so I think I am actually looking forward to this game in a way I hadn't anticipated. Though I might feel differently by 12.35

Would have liked to have seen Núñez and am curious as to whether or not their patterns of play are actually better minus Haaland, even though his finishing is ruthless.

Fingers tightly crossed. Come on Reds!
    well said

Elliot needs a good game today. dont understand Jota on the left
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century