Milner 73yo
    hold on a tic,.......

We have........
    (**drumroll**)

Arthur Melo!!!!!!

No?

okay,...
    As you were.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

On Elliot
    Lay off

There is no other alternative.

Not often I say it but the ref was excellent in that half, let the game flow, didn’t get card happy and the only one I thought he got wrong was De Bruyne diving to get a free on the edge of our box.

Decent half away at City, if we come out and play like that but tidy up our passing a touch, we have a chance of getting something out of this.
    Elliott I thought did well in that half, getting back well to support Trent at every opportunity.
    We can get in behind these too, we had three or four excellent breaks where we should have done better with the final ball.
    Give Núńez at least half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    hold on a tic,.......

We have........
    (**drumroll**)

Arthur Melo!!!!!!

No?

okay,...
    As you were.
    Oh I knew I missed someone 😅
    Yeah Melo the man
    Happy Monday
    The Meloman

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Not often I say it but the ref was excellent in that half, let the game flow, didn’t get card happy and the only one I thought he got wrong was De Bruyne diving to get a free on the edge of our box.

Decent half away at City, if we come out and play like that but tidy up our passing a touch, we have a chance of getting something out of this.
    Elliott I thought did well in that half, getting back well to support Trent at every opportunity.
    We can get in behind these too, we had three or four excellent breaks where we should have done better with the final ball.
    Give Núńez at least half an hour.
    Correct
    And the midfield 3
    There's literally no other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    A few of our lads are well below their best today so being level at half-time isn't terrible, considering.

Need a few lads to wake up in the second half.

Besides Grealish being Grealish my main grumble is Salah not attempting to get Jota in earlier - that would have been a huge chance for 2-0.

Still. A 45-minute match of footie to play.
    Either get Jota in earlier or take on Grealish more firmly (.......which would have created more space for Jota once his defender collapsed in to help out)

He's a had a couple of terrible decision-making moments like that in the final third that could have easily seen us 2 or three up before City got their chance to equalise.

I just knew then we would come to regret those missed chances.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

At least Jordan has taken the time to explain to the ref that Rodri is doing the 'Fernandinho high foul' to stop the counter attacks tactic and he is now on a yellow at least. It's important because the fast counter is our main weapon today. Nunez to come on too in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    On Elliot
    Lay off

There is no other alternative.
    He's the new Hendo......divides opinion fans cn't see it but the manager keeps picking him...... He doesn't need to be skilful just energetic

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Oh I knew I missed someone ��
    Yeah Melo the man
    Happy Monday
    The Meloman
    Has he EVER played for this team?

I'm scratching my head trying to remember if I ever seen him in a red shirt.......on the field.......during a game.....

...and I'm just coming up blank.
    Our big late-transfer window acquisition of last summer.

What a joke.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Decent half I thought, we need to continue as we have for me, but we need to be a lot more decisive and braver with our final ball and when we have opportunities to put a quality delivery in, the most disappointing aspect of that half was wasted chances to put one on a plate, with more belief and conviction. composure and willingness to try and play the right ball we could easily have scored 3 so far

The underhit ball for Mo that allowed Grealish to get back to him immediately before City then went and equalised was a criminal example of our playing too safe, not playing the right pass through fear of getting it wrong and wasting the chance, we need to be far braver and composed with our final ball second half

Over to Jurgen to make sure we're a bit better second half, make a lot more of our chances and opportunities to release our players and put a recycled ball in, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points here today
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”