Isn't he a Scottish singer ? 🤣🤣
    Yea he was on This Morning on Friday sounding a bit croaky...lol

Sweet little misery our Naby

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Milner

Salah Wagbo Nunez

Chelsea are not City and will likely be lined up 343

Need experienced heads, remember we'll be ahead of them whatever their result, we both need to win, but they're at home and will really have to go for it, we can have 3 midfielders support our defence better, Wagbo always around Enzo Fernandes to stop him making the play and as good as he's been with the ball, I've not really seen him when pressed

I'd fancy Nunez Wagbo and Mo to get joy and very good opportunities against their back 3 and Diaz on his introduction and we will likely get a fair amount of joy from right to left switches and diagonals for Nunez, Robbo and Diaz, so it makes a lot of sense to have Trent and Hendo, both right footers there

You'd think Fab needs to be picking up their No9, Gakpo pressing Enzo, which leaves Hendo, Trent and Konate to deal with Kovacic, Chilwell and whoever their LFWD is on the day and look to release Mo or Nunez or Diaz on the counter or feed Wagbo to drive it forward
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Gakpo lacked energy today, pressing was poor. No confidence in any of them fulfilling their rolls adequately right now.
    Defenders aren’t defending, attack seemed frightened of making the most of numerous excellent positions we get into and the midfield is just non existent

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Gakpo lacked energy today, pressing was poor. No confidence in any of them fulfilling their rolls adequately right now.
    Defenders aren’t defending, attack seemed frightened of making the most of numerous excellent positions we get into and the midfield is just non existent
    So 3 points against Chelsea then 🤣🤣

They would have to be some kind of shite to lose to us right now.

I expected to lose today, I thought our chances were lessened by Alvarez starting instead of Haaland, because Alvarez is exceptional in his pressing and counter pressing, another aspect of Cty's game from 20-21 onwards I detailed them having taken of one of the aspects of our play that allowed us to destroy them in 19-20 and have worked on and that we have let badly go to waste and seemingly not realised the absolute importance of it

We've beaten City twice with Haaland this season, he's lethal if you let them create the chances for him, but like Own was for us, he really doesn't do much without the ball, it's like playing with 10, he also plays right up, so one of the CBs can always have a man, whereas with Alvarez, he operates more off the front as a false 9, so he was picking up space off our CBs

We just need to take the result v City on the chin and for what it was, the best side in the league, in top form full of confidence having the luxury of playing a different kind of top striker for this game against us, and our not taking our chances and our heads dropping badly after giving away another soft goal straight after HT through a stupid needless lax piece of play and look to improve and put a line up out with more experiene and know how and be more compact
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Haaland has scored 42 goals in 37 games. I like how people think because he didn't score v us in his first game or at Anfield - that he would likely not have scored today in front of his own fans.

Still you can bet your life Jurgen is thanking the good lord he didn't play today. Cricket score otherwise. Mincemeat through our non existent midfield and back line today. Absolute carnage.

Alisson
    Gomez Matip VVD Tsimi
    Hendo Konate Fabinho Jota
    Salah Nunez

Given a 442, could be 451/541 too, Nunez up top.