Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Games April 1st/2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think he's been a problem all season, I'm by no means alone in that if you read the match threads including people's comments before a ball is even kicked and if you looked at the issues I highlighted later being highlighted by the analysis mob on every EPL broadcaster

If we are to put together a run from now until the end of the season Klopp needs to ditch him, bench him until the season's end, we started last season with him creating the same issues, had he not got injured, forcing Jurgen to return to the tried and tested and his usual way of playing, there's no question he would have persisted with him in every game like he has this season, and we wouldn't have won a single trophy last season let alone been in the running for four until the very last game of each competition has that happened

On the subject of last season and dispelling myths, some people spouting an awful lot of shite need to just google LFC fixtures, open it up and go through and have a look at the selections in all competitions last season to remind themselves of the pretty damned heavy rotation in all of them and exactly how little contribution in certain competitions certain players made while they're at it

So much fucking lazy, shit spouting, myth making been going on here all season about what last season did to our players, making excuses for Jurgen's fuck ups this season and too many other people being equally lazy and perpetuating those myths by not checking actual facts

Look at the Cup games and Champions League games really heavy rotation in the group stages and lighter rotation continued in the latter stages a couple of players some were calling integral only featured in 3 of the six group stage games for example
    What's your opinion on Virgil ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    What's your opinion on Virgil ?
    I have never thought he was a good captain, even in his absolute pomp, I never thought he played as well when captaining the team or the team played as well with him captaining it

I don't think he is suffering from being overplayed last season as we rotated all positions including our CBs far more than people seem to realise last season when people bring that up as a reason or an excuse

I think he has dropped of somewhat since the Prickford assault gave him a career threatening injury and age is catching up with him a little, just a little, more than anything else, as I put great stock in such things, I think he's suffering from what is now a complete break down of everything in front of him

The Robbo, Gini, Mane combo on his side as it was at it's very peak has been completely destroyed, as has our defending from the front and as a team or employment of a LCM controller, the role Gini always played at all.

In our efforts to become a passing side with a designated playmaker, we have become far too open, laboured and predictable in how we play in possession and it has caused an incredible drop off in our press and counter pressing prowess and caused us catastrophic issues when playing the lesser sides who practically all set up to be difficult to break down and counter on us and lessened our pressing and counter pressing, direct and counter attack ability when we play the other top sides, at our best, as odd at it sounds, it was almost like most of our attacks were counter attacks from being in possession

So what effects Virgil badly and Robbo also, maybe easier to try and list it

The now complete dispensing with how our left side operated, no LCM controller supporting Virgil, Robbo, LFWD and no LFWD as our best press now

a catastrophic drop off in the team press and counter press

Playing too open and too laboured and too slow and too much in front of side looking to defend and counter on us, losing the runs in behind, so losing Virgil's outballs of Mo always on their last defender on our right (also drastically affected by Elliott's presence) and Mane always looking to make runs in behind down the line for him so making it easier for him to be pressed

Fab being constantly brutally exposed without a LCM controller alongside him this season

there's more, it's a long list, there are so many things that affect our players that people don't consider

Edit: also the loss of Virgil's once frequent pin point outball to Trent arriving in space on our right, also affected disastrously by Elliott's presence and the spaces he tries to play in conflicting with where Mo and trent always previously played and the space they used
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 2nd April 2023 at 12:41 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Elliott keeps playing because we can't play with a midfield of Hendo Fabinho and Milner every game. Milner can't play two matches on the bounce and Fabinho and Hendo can't last 90 minutes. I'm not a fan of Elliott but he is our 4th best fit midfielder at present. Sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Elliott keeps playing because we can't play with a midfield of Hendo Fabinho and Milner every game. Milner can't play two matches on the bounce and Fabinho and Hendo can't last 90 minutes. I'm not a fan of Elliott but he is our 4th best fit midfielder at present. Sad but true
    He's a No10 or a forward not a midfielder, the issues he causes have been incredibly detrimental and happening all season, if Jurgen was going to insist on playing him, he could have at least done some of the fabled 'coaching' he prattles on about but we don't really see any evidence of to at least get him playing that position without fucking up Mo and Trent's shit and by extension Robbo's Tsimikas', Virgil's and our LFWD's and No9's shit aswell
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Gregor Kobel having an absolute Karius in yesterday's Der Klassiker. BvB taken to the cleaners.

Why is potter still at the wheel?
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Because it's Potter's Wheel...

Wasn't that a John Denver song?Potters wheel?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Newcastle v utd interesting one......
    #FSGOUT

newcastle on top
    #FSGOUT