Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Chelsea v Liverpool

Hendo to me is a facilitator, he played a leading role in 2018/20 at at times last season, but his greatest strength is he facilitates other players playing better, he is an incredibly intelligent and astute footballer, so desperately underrated in that respect, a lot of what he does that to those who like the showboating and sexy technique looks so basic and simple, because they're only looking at what he is doing with the ball, they are not looking at the entire picture

How he is giving it simple, making a movement, receiving it back ,moving it somewhere else simply, making a movement, manipulating the space, involving our other players and trying to manipulate the space until he can give it to one of our players in a position to assist or to release another to assist, people even under estimate the importance of the runs he makes to take away and occupy the full back and the opening of the channel and keeping it open he does so often, and if you're missing that and the importance of it to Mo and Trent so often, there's something desperately limited about your overall understanding and appreciation of the game

Still ,there are quite a few here and one in particular who desperately underrate what players do without the ball, defensively or in manipulating the space for others and seem just completely obsessed only with what players do with the ball, when all 3 things are equally important
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yea - but you don’t have a clue mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    For poor coffee spitters everywhere.

Having a mare of a season but has played way way way too many minutes these last 4 years.

enjoy,

Yes Where are the being World class bits I'm supposed to be looking at, all I'm seeing is the basics of DM play over several seasons including in the much slower paced and lower quality French league they're THAT desperate to find a clip he looks good in, if Jurgen and the analysis team gave me an invite to come and use their VA equipment I could make a much longer compilation "90 minutes of Fabinho showing he's shit" highlighting the positional errors, completely losing his man and poor reading of the game instance that he makes EVERY game and has always made EVERY game

I nearly spat my coffee out again when there was a clip of him covering behind Matip to make a tackle in the RB position, what a collectors item that nugget was, what the clips of his tackles don't show in many instances, and Miller posted one a good while back that actually unwittingly showed a few long enough clips that you could actually see his error as well that led to him chasing back having to make a tackle in the first place (also something (running back) that is a rarity from the teams greatest jogging enthusiast)

I could do a twenty minute youtube of Hendo absolutely blowing this crap out of the water that would be clips from the 19-20 season alone, the press to put the ball to Mo to set Bobby up for our winner in the 1-0 over Spurs and press to nick the ball to assist Bobby for our winner v Wolves alone, both being absolutely out of this world never mind world class blow any or the rudimentary, mandatory DM stuff Fab does here so far out of the water it is unreal

Yea - but you don’t have a clue mate.
    Spits coffee out again

Steveo "Thiago makes us tick" "Thiago nearly led us to a quadruple"

The actuality of what happened

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    And can we also stop trying to the pedal the myth that Thiago led us to anything when he only played in 39 of our 63 games and he was subbed on after the hour in 13 (THIRTEEN) of those with the game already won and subbed off on around the hour in 6 of them with the game still in the balance in a few and subbed off later on in a further 10 games, meaning he only actually played 10 (TEN) full games in a season in which we played 63 games altogether
    You've been comprehensively shown up to be both clueless and a fantasist

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Spits coffee out again

Steveo "Thiago makes us tick" "Thiago nearly led us to a quadruple"

The actuality of what happened

You've been comprehensively shown up to be both clueless and a fantasist
    Out of his box room again. 19x list of things to do today.....1. Process his love for jordan henderson online 2. Keep repeating the same post over and over and over again 3. Ask mum to change his bed clothing after tossing off repeatedly over jordan henderson 4. Adhere to the court order not to contact his ex 5. Have a few cheeky tugs over jordan henderson 6. Place fabihno at the nine eleven crash sites and the grassy knoll 7. Grab one of mums carrotts and rodger himself stupid thinking jordan henderson is giving him that bumming he craves so much. 8. Apologise to his mum for still being in her box room at 54 years of age and been a disgrace to society.

Don't think I've left anything out.
    Last edited by darrenpotter; 5th April 2023 at 08:29 PM. Reason: 19x is a cunt

For those who like to try and rewrite history

We don’t win a single big prize without this.

Oh and here is Thiago from last season.

The geezer who apparently didn’t make us tick and was in fact not as effective as Naby Keita… ‘the gospel according to Nineteenx… ‘

Teehee

Facilitate this - you clown,

it’s like having a discussion with an 11 year old who fancies Les Dawson. You try to explain that although beauty is in the eye of the beholder - Monica Bellucci is infinitely more attractive and has better curves, but he just can’t see it………

…yet.

For those who like to try and rewrite history

We don’t win a single big prize without this.
    What the actual hell, these are the basics you expect your DM to do, there's nothing world class to see here, and as i detailed in another thread, in a lot of the tackles and foot ins, the player is being pressed and harried by another of our players as part of our team pressing and counter pressing to allow Fab to nick it

There's a couple of errors even in this too, showing him making a tackle or doing just enough on HIS MAN after he let him go/lost him and lots of instances that are the same as what he does when he fucks up so frequently, except he actually blocks the attempted pass having left his man, but he fails to block it more than he blocks it in most of these instances

Take the City game, left his man Gundogan and got attracted to another Rodri, making our midfield and defensive line open, for Mahrez to be released, drives infield and plays the ball to Gundogan (Fab's man) to feed Grealish to assist Alvarez

Second goal, makes a complete fuck up of a basic simple header, under no pressure or challenge, he should easily head to Trent, Elliott or Mo, allowing City to gain possession and score 3 passes later

Third goal Has his man in that passage of play Alvarez, gets attracted by the player with the ball even though there are 3 or 4 of our other players in attendance, something he regularly does, completely losing his man or the man he had in the process, then still attracted by the player with the ball, not having had a quick head swivel or look around where that player might look to play the ball or who to, moves to a position where he is effectively hiding, doing nothing, blocking nothing because 2 of our players are between him and their player with the ball and he hasn't looked around to see who their player might try and find anyway, pass goes to Alvarez as a result, Trent saves it on the stretch with Alisson beaten but it falls to Gundogan - Goal

These instances are far more frequently occurring than the very carefully selected ones in the youtube, which are again over a few seasons

I recall a LFCTV youtube way back under Kenny when I used to subscribe to it, of the much maligned Lucas, it was 4 minutes 53 seconds or Lucas making better tackles and blocks as we had nothing like the team press and counter press back then or a press or counter press of any sorts at all, driving the ball forward breaking lines, making world class tackles that played the ball off an opposition players toes to one of our players in the process (a part of any self respecting top DMs art form) and releasing players in isolation 1v1 on either flank with 30-40 yard pin point passes, in a single game, in a single game

Moments Thiago did something class that amounted to something last season, his goal v Porto, his assist for Mane which was a proper assist where he clipped it with his heal I think, a great assist

3 other assists that were a straight forward pass to a top player who took the ball on a scored, unlike the Mane one above, he had 1 Prem goal the keeper had well covered a defender needlessly deflected well beyond him

That's the end of the list 1 goal, 1 deflected goal, 1 proper assists as the others were Hendo to Saka for England passes that we call an assist, but as Steveo pointed out, we know really isn't a proper assist

Lots of showboating, looking like a million dollars, fancy dan stuff where it doesn't matter or count for anything, no end product and again, 1 meaningful assist, no passes before the assist, it's nowhere near enough from a player hogging the ball depriving other players who actually can assist and play passes before the assist of more opportunities to do so

And can we also stop trying to the pedal the myth that Thiago led us to anything when he only played in 39 of our 63 games and he was subbed ON after the hour in 13 (THIRTEEN) of those with the game already won and subbed off on around the hour in 6 of them with the game still in the balance in a few and subbed off later on in a further 10 games, meaning he only actually played 10 (TEN) full games in a season in which we played 63 games altogether

No assists in the Champions League in that season or any other in 19 games Even Keita had a goal and 2 assists for us in the Champions League in 21/22 - Henderson has 1 goal and 3 assists in the Champions League since Thiago's arrival, Even the much maligned Elliott has a better record

Steveo again putting style and wet tissues over technique over substance It's truly like arguing with a 5 year old who thinks a player trying fanc yflicks and tricks is the shit even though they don't actually produced anything and certainly nothing like what they were bought to, is the best thing ever, truly embarrassing