Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Chelsea v Liverpool

HT - could have nicked one at the death… but that was a really poor half of football from the men in red. so lucky to not be 2 or 3 behind

Two chances for Fab in two minutes

If Chelsea don’t win this, their players should have their wages docked and given to charity

Jota is another Kuyt.. all pretty and fk all to show for it. Jota needs to start scoring or he can go along with several others.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

At least we've got a strong bench, I see why Klopp has played half the B team, 6 pointer game v arsenal on the weekend at home in the race for the title.

It's on lads.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Back 4 look dreadful.

Think we've actually been OK in midfield for a change.

Jota desperately needs a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    HT - that was a really poor half of football from the men in red. so lucky to not be 2 or 3 behind
    I haven't watched much of Chelsea this season, but have heard often that their build-up play isn't bad but that they just can't score.

On tonight's showing I can see that. We have been......."less than stellar"......and yet are miraculously holding them to a 0-0.

Núñez has been the pick of them I think. Wouldn't mind seeing Gakpo get on.

Jota is a shadow of his former self with decision-making. Would love for him to get a goal and the subsequent confidence boost, both for his benefit and for ours.

So many players on show who are completely devoid of confidence. Awful quality.
    Ibra been good. Bobby also not bad. I think a good move would be Gakpo to come on. He retains the ball well and is looking for quick offensive play.

HT 0-0 they could have scored 3 we can count ourselves incredibly fortunate to be level here

Hopefully some changes at HT to at least try and give us some semblance of a pattern of play, Robbo, Trent, Milner and Mo would be nice, Tsimi, Gomez, Jones and Bobby or Jota for Mo, temptation to hook Bobby for Mo and move Jota to No9, as he's been just nearly there 3 or 4 times and is really really striving for it and the space is there for Trent tonight to get some quality balls in for Jota and Nunez
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Jota is another Kuyt.. all pretty and fk all to show for it. Jota needs to start scoring or he can go along with several others.
    Pretty is certainly one way I'd have never have described Dirk...

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    So many players on show who are completely devoid of confidence. Awful quality.
    Ibra been good. Bobby also not bad. I think a good move would be Gakpo to come on. He retains the ball well and is looking for quick offensive play.
    I thought Bobby started pretty well and faded as the half wore on and we enjoyed a bit more possession weirdly

I think Jota is really putting himself about, picking up some nice positions and really striving to register, getting some service to him from trent would be a good idea
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”