Page 1 of 21 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Elliott opens up about fear of joining Liverpool

Elliott opens up about fear of joining Liverpool

Harvey Elliott admits he was scared about joning Liverpool, in conversation with the We Are Liverpool podcast.…

Full story

With good reason, he's nowhere near good enough, needs another season's loan, totally destroyed our right side that was the fulcrum of everything good we did last season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He has been arguably our best performing mid - despite not being great Or even a mid. He is young, playing in a dreadful side right now. You think Hendo at his age lasts 30 minutes in this team?

That’s just my opinion though - you and others might see it different - but he is certainly not a “shit cunt”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He has been arguably our best performing mid

You've only got to read a fair few match threads before a ball has even been kicked to see what many think about him, every channel that broadcasts Premier League football has done an analysis on him very clearly showing how he negatively impacts both Mo and Trent's game and gets in both of their space, every single one

Just as they've covered Fab on analysis of most of them a number of times after games too, with footage that show him clearly doing exactly what I have always described him as doing

Analysis of both that is crystal clear and undeniably accurate

I'm sorry you don't like that and have so much difficulty accepting how wrong you are, I truly am, having NPD can't be easy I'm sure

Not very original are you. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Not very original are you. ��
    That's been one of my go to 'Funny guy' movie scenes for years, we were all watching that on the tour bus as soon as it was out on video in the early 90's, it was one of your only efforts to try and be funny I've actually found amusing for that reason, that was part of our touring entourage thing, quoting lines from films or comedy's we regularly watched on the tour bus in reference to what other people did, except we all got the joke and they didn't really get what we were on about a lot of the time, or got it but not in the way we did

I imagine you were still just a twinkle in the milk man's eye back in 1991-1992

It is a bit early for him to be doing such media, he's done very little so far.

Thiago v (Hendo & Elliot) combined - PL on basic defensive stats

Tackles - 2.9 v (0.8 + 0.8)
    Intercepts - 1.3 v (0.6 + 0.5)
    Fouls - 1.3 v (0.5 + 0.4)
    Clearances - 0.8 v (0.4 + 0.3)
    Dribbled past* - 0.4 v (0.4 + 0.9)
    Blocks- 0.2 v (0.1 + 0)

Now on these defensive stats, I value fouls as a failed tackle - breaking up play.

The only stat Hendo&Elliot combined beat Thiago on... is getting dribbled past - that's a bad stat to win..

Without Thiago providing some steel in midfield... we have 2 pussies at rcm.

He's just a young kid,hes got plenty of time to develop. I don't think its helped at all with him being involved so much so young but it will benefit him in the long term.
    I hope we keep him and work out how best to use him because he certainly has the ability.

If there's one thing that can't be questioned with Elliott, it's his work ethic.

Did really well to come back from a serious injury and although he is still a bit "headless chicken" at times he is always, always trying.

Hopefully he can develop a bit further and kick on. There's definitely talent there.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If there's one thing that can't be questioned with Elliott, it's his work ethic.

Did really well to come back from a serious injury and although he is still a bit "headless chicken" at times he is always, always trying.

Hopefully he can develop a bit further and kick on. There's definitely talent there.
    He’s not exactly blessed with the natural attributes to seriously affect a game in midfield though. He’s slow and small. Technically decent but we need much much more than him