Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Elliott opens up about fear of joining Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    And we're putting 130m bid in for that lad from Napoli. Name begins with a K, can't even be arsed to attempt the spelling of it.
    Well if we're not spending it on Bellingham we may as well spend it on someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Well if we're not spending it on Bellingham we may as well spend it on someone else.
    I think we should buy both..

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Kvaratskhelia? the guy being compared to George best and Maradona?

Left winger, Don't think so.... 130m ? don't think so..

More chance of getting gerrard out of retirement...
    We could use him for a few seasons then sell him for £320 million to fund the next 3 key signings to get us a few levels higher.. Just like we did with Coutinho - for Virgil, Alisson and Fabinho.

Mwah mwah

I think we should buy both..
    Steady on tees, you are talking as though we are one of the biggest clubs around.. Don't go getting carried away. We need to act like a bigger version of the 3 B's... Bournemouth, Brentford, Brighton...

Kvaratskhelia? the guy being compared to George best and Maradona?

Left winger, Don't think so.... 130m ? don't think so..

More chance of getting gerrard out of retirement...
    Yeah I read about a link with him earlier. I just laughed because I know that moneys already been handed over to BvB. Lolz etc.

And we're putting 130m bid in for that lad from Napoli. Name begins with a K, can't even be arsed to attempt the spelling of it.
    We're not buying Kvaradona

We do need to take more risks and "gamble" on some of these gems before other clubs do.

The counter to this suggestion is often "but we're Liverpool!!!" but in my time as a fan we have almost never bought from the top shelf and have usually bought players on the brink of big things.

Suarez from Ajax is different to buying Suarez from Liverpool, Torres from Atletico is different to buying Torres from Liverpool, Coutinho from Inter is different to buying Coutinho from Liverpool - these are examples of the stages of lad's careers we have had success with.

Might not always work out, but no club has a 100% success rate with transfers.

What like Elliot and Carvalho sid?

or you mean actual Gems!!!

haahhahahehehe
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We're not buying Kvaradona

We do need to take more risks and "gamble" on some of these gems before other clubs do.

The counter to this suggestion is often "but we're Liverpool!!!" but in my time as a fan we have almost never bought from the top shelf and have usually bought players on the brink of big things.

Suarez from Ajax is different to buying Suarez from Liverpool, Torres from Atletico is different to buying Torres from Liverpool, Coutinho from Inter is different to buying Coutinho from Liverpool - these are examples of the stages of lad's careers we have had success with.

Might not always work out, but no club has a 100% success rate with transfers.
    Stop spoiling our fun.

Lets get gini back since he has become world class since leaving us and basically not played in 2 years.

What like Elliot and Carvalho sid?

or you mean actual Gems!!!

haahhahahehehe
    The idea was right - young, talented, Homegrown.

Why we targeted two no. 10 types though when we played without one certainly worth calling into question.

Think of it like VAR. Implemented properly, can do a brilliant job. Implemented poorly, the wrong result is achieved.

Elliott and Carvalho may in time prove to be good buys - or they may not. I definitely want us to do that "type" of business, even if those two aren't necessarily the best examples of it.