Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Elliott opens up about fear of joining Liverpool

Square pegs in round holes.. a proper 4/3/3.. not bits and pieces. And Elliot is one of them. If hes ever gonna start should be on the right. But Salah is there for the foreseeable future
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He’s not exactly blessed with the natural attributes to seriously affect a game in midfield though. He’s slow and small. Technically decent but we need much much more than him
    If we played a 4-2-3-1 I wouldn't mind seeing him (or indeed Carvalho) in a 10 position.

Keep forgetting about Carvalho.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If there's one thing that can't be questioned with Elliott, it's his work ethic.

Did really well to come back from a serious injury and although he is still a bit "headless chicken" at times he is always, always trying.

Hopefully he can develop a bit further and kick on. There's definitely talent there.
    very good appraisal. he hasn’t been great since his return but has shown plenty of creative ability. I have questioned his build - especially as a mid, but he hasn’t exactly walked into a team that is anything but broken.

hopefully he can kick on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

You've only got to read a fair few match threads before a ball has even been kicked to see what many think about him, every channel that broadcasts Premier League football has done an analysis on him very clearly showing how he negatively impacts both Mo and Trent's game and gets in both of their space, every single one

Just as they've covered Fab on analysis of most of them a number of times after games too, with footage that show him clearly doing exactly what I have always described him as doing

Analysis of both that is crystal clear and undeniably accurate

I'm sorry you don't like that and have so much difficulty accepting how wrong you are, I truly am, having NPD can't be easy I'm sure
    Fuck knows what streams you mum is letting you watch in your box room to stop you from harassing your ex but sky & bt have done in depth positive pieces on harvey, fab has been highlighted to death but you are caught out lying yet again. Stick to what you are good at, being a social misfit in your 50s sponging off your parents, ps you are a cunt not any of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He’s not exactly blessed with the natural attributes to seriously affect a game in midfield though. He’s slow and small. Technically decent but we need much much more than him
    We really need a right footer there, Stach looks like he'd fit into our RCM role perfectly, two footed, has the medium to long up and down balls and switches, decent short to medium game, great long range shooting and is a very good crosser of the ball

6'4" box to box mid who can play RCM LCM and No6, RCM looks his favourite and he's also strong at driving the ball forward and substantially quicker than any mid we have or have had
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Square pegs in round holes.. a proper 4/3/3.. not bits and pieces. And Elliot is one of them. If hes ever gonna start should be on the right. But Salah is there for the foreseeable future
    Been too much of that, i 'think' he's been supposed to be playing a Muller type role, except in our 433 rather than Bayern's 4231, going wide (in Mo and Trent's space) to make Muller's trademark outside in runs from and attacking right mid position to try and make our signing Thiago work and his passing amounting to something more meaningful, that's how it has looked quite frequently any, well it hasn't yielded any fruit, so it's long since past time to write it off as a shit idea that's done far more damage than good, that should have been done about 15 games ago while we still had a season left to save

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Keep forgetting about Carvalho.
    He would have got more minutes if Klopp trusted him.(imo) seems a bit lightweight. Maybe he will get a loan next season
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Been too much of that, i 'think' he's been supposed to be playing a Muller type role, except in our 433 rather than Bayern's 4231, going wide (in Mo and Trent's space) to make Muller's trademark outside in runs from and attacking right mid position to try and make our signing Thiago work and his passing amounting to something more meaningful, that's how it has looked quite frequently any, well it hasn't yielded any fruit, so it's long since past time to write it off as a shit idea that's done far more damage than good, that should have been done about 15 games ago while we still had a season left to save
    But we all pretty much can see he isn't a mid - he should be developing into more of a 10, but our dire situation means he cannot. This is the point. What do you suggest we do instead of Elliot? How well have we fared when he hasn't played? Remember he only played about 10 minutes v Wolves for the 3 nil loss and only 20 mins v Brighton with a similar defeat. He only got 9 mins in the loss to Arsenal too. It's not like we are stellar when he isn't there.

As I have said all season. It really doesn't mater where you look. We have tried so many lineups - strong - weak - mixed and the results are pretty much going the same way. A few decent wins followed by dreadful form.

Our best form of the season and the only time we won more than 2 games on the bounce was with Elliott in the side.. A 4 game winning streak v Spurs, Southampton, Villa and Leicester.. including our only consecutive away wins.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    He would have got more minutes if Klopp trusted him.(imo) seems a bit lightweight. Maybe he will get a loan next season
    I think he got some of these lads with a view to playing 4231, but Nunez isn't the type of No9 to spearhead that formation and Mo and Diaz are ultimately far more inside forwards than attacking mids, i we sign the Williams lad from Bilbao he and Diaz could possibly operate as attacking midfielders or forward, but otherwise we don't have the players or they're too expert and set in playing as forwards and as we've seen all too painfully this season substantial changes to personnel style or formation can royally fuck up so many other things because it breaks down all the automation of players positioning, pressing, passing, covering, runs and movement built up over 5 or more years of familiarity of all those things

That isn't evolution, that's ripping up a brilliant working model that was 5 years in the making and still had a shit load of room for evolution with some actual coaching including use and compilation of VA reels for players, and starting from scratch with mostly square pegs in round holes

Which pretty much sums up why we've really been so shit this season