Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Elliott opens up about fear of joining Liverpool

No… the point is, you have nothing left to use against Thiago beyond the fact that he is working so hard to cover for our lack of control in games. An issue directly connected to his midfield partners lack of form, a back line that has lost its mojo and a new front line which is less adept in the front press and crucially - in scoring goals.

Then when presented with the fact that he is performing 3 times better at doing so than Henderson you say - BUT Thiago wasn’t bought to do that. He was bought to create. So what happens IF he doesn’t do that?

AND If Thiago was bought to Create.. (your invention btw) does he get the Henderson role? The one where you can jog around pointing, marking turf when the opponent has the ball, running away from duels and losing them when you can’t get away? The freedom of the pitch at your mercy yet unable to impact the game creatively?

Maybe Hendo plays the Thiago role…? Now there’s a laugh.

It’s tragic that our best midfielder is so undervalued by many but to consistently try to rubbish all his many qualities without foundation is absurd.

Thaigo is a fantastic footballer and hopefully Harvey learns from him. At the end of the day we all want Harvey to succeed.

Precisely. The lad is young. He suffered a horrible injury just as he was finding his feet in a side that had far more fresh tools than it has this term. It has been a collective malaise this season for multiple reasons including many injuries but also the success of the season before. The fact he has been relied upon to operate in the middle isn't ideal but he has had no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No… the point is, you have nothing left to use against Thiago beyond the fact that he is working so hard to cover for our lack of control in games. An issue directly connected to his midfield partners lack of form,.
    Just stop embarrassing yourself mate, our best run of league for has been without him, not debatable, right there in black and white in the results

The games we've played more like Liverpool of 18-20, commented on by all and sundry, being our formerly direct, runs in behind, playing the ball when it's on shortest route to goal, lightning quick counter attacks, much higher energy and better pressing and counter pressing selves have ALL been without him

Midfielders form? Oh yes our manager who never makes mistakes thought that, dropped Fab and Hendo as it must be their fault and it was a DISASTER culminating in our losing 3-0 away to bottom club Wolves, Thiago crying off injured and the team having it's best run of laague form over the next 5 games in his absence, DESPITE Jurgen continuing to tinker

I expect you're regularly awoken by a little man in a white suit yelling "The plane the plane" because your persistent accounts of how Thiago plays and 'makes us tick' are something straight off fantasy island
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I can only offer you my condolences on your inability to accept facts and reality itself.

Once again - the best run of form was the 4 straight wins including our only sequence of more than a single away win all season. In fact the only away win we have managed without Thiago came in a game where our goal keeper was MOTM despite playing against 10 men for most of the game. Pope sent off on 22 minutes.

The stats contradict everything you say, the results and circumstances do too, DESPITE the return of both Bobby and Jota in recent weeks AND of Virgil too results have been awful. So bad that we are celebrating a draw v the Arse like a win.

Just the other day we were losing at home - despite these players all returning before Thiago entered the field, which culminated in us truly pegging the Arsenal back.

We lost 5:2 at home to Real, We lost 4:1 away at City and only because City held off. It could have been a cricket score and you know it.

Look _ continue to live in your dream world - if that is indeed what it is..

My actual hunch is that you are being disingenuous.

You know full well that for the games v Brentford, Brighton, Chelsea and Wolves we were without Jota and Bobby. You also know that Virgil missed all of those games too bar the first half at Brentford where he was carrying that hamstring. You know that Nunez was also carrying a dead leg v Brentford and got subbed before missing the loss away at Brighton, Returning only for 27 minutes at Anfield for the draw with Chelsea.

You are doing everything you can to try and twist reality KNOWING that most don't have the time or memory to know these details. BUT 19 - they are the facts. Facts which make a total mockery of everything you are trying on here.
    Last edited by Steveo; 11th April 2023 at 03:27 PM.

Thiago was class when he came on v Arse.

If only he could stay injury free all season.

Unbelievable player; technique, vision , I think he has adapted to the physicality too.

Thiago changed the dynamics of Liverpool when he came on.

An amazing footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I can only offer you my condolences on your inability to accept facts and reality itself.
    Steveo, you should work in a cinema mate, only your narcissism is greater than your projection, you are literally living on cloud cuckoo land

The issue is, you love a certain style of football, a style that is dying a death through the emergence of pressing and counter pressing sides of the highest quality and a lot of other teams being at least good enough at pressing and counter pressing to comfortably stop sides with designated playmaker, because they are the easiest to stop

The style of football you love and crave is a style we have never played under Klopp and never will with this group of players, the issue you have and it very much is your problem, as tedious and lamentable as it is, is since the arrival of Thiago you have started to view all our games and performances through the prism of the style of football as if we have a team capable of playing or playing the style you would like to see, not the reality of the style of football this side can play and not the reality of how these players perform at their best, doing things they been successful doing for 5 years, not what you think they should be doing

Premier League games this season with Thiago

P15 W6 D4 L5 GF23 GA25 Clean sheets 3

Premier League games without Thiago

P14 W6 D4 L4 GF27 GA10 Clean sheets 6 SIX

Cough cough splutter splutter

Better win rate, better goal scored rate, better (as in fewer) goals conceded rate, more than double the amount of clean sheets per games and NB we've conceded over DOUBLE the amount of goals per game WITH Thiago

THEY are the facts Steveo, we've been better without him and especially defensively, look at the clean sheets without him

See my comments about players making the most tackles in our system and a lot of them being through poor positioning and the stats not showing the times they were so far out of position they couldn't make a challenge at all, CCTV, Thiago's our top man for tackles, how DO YOU square that with our appalling defensive record with him in the side compared to without, unless it's a meaningless stat in the context of how we play as I detailed

There are those that know I rest my case

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Steveo, you should work in a cinema mate, only your narcissism is greater than your projection, you are literally living on cloud cuckoo land

The issue is, you love a certain style of football, a style that is dying a death through the emergence of pressing and counter pressing sides of the highest quality and a lot of other teams being at least good enough at pressing and counter pressing to comfortably stop sides with designated playmaker, because they are the easiest to stop

The style of football you love and crave is a style we have never played under Klopp and never will with this group of players, the issue you have and it very much is your problem, as tedious and lamentable as it is, is since the arrival of Thiago you have started to view all our games and performances through the prism of the style of football as if we have a team capable of playing or playing the style you would like to see, not the reality of the style of football this side can play and not the reality of how these players perform at their best, doing things they been successful doing for 5 years, not what you think they should be doing

Hmmmm

Well... yet again you are silent on the issues at hand. Your inability to accept the facts as they are rearing its ugly head once again, choosing instead to descend into the usual pattern of personal insult.

Do you honestly believe it makes you, or your flawed views any more credible?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Premier League games this season with Thiago

P15 W6 D4 L5 GF23 GA25 Clean sheets 3

Premier League games without Thiago

P14 W6 D4 L4 GF27 GA10 Clean sheets 6 SIX

Cough cough splutter splutter

Better win rate, better goal scored rate, better (as in fewer) goals conceded rate, more than double the amount of clean sheets per games and NB we've conceded over DOUBLE the amount of goals per game WITH Thiago

THEY are the facts Steveo, we've been better without him and especially defensively, look at the clean sheets without him

See my comments about players making the most tackles in our system and a lot of them being through poor positioning and the stats not showing the times they were so far out of position they couldn't make a challenge at all, CCTV, Thiago's our top man for tackles, how DO YOU square that with our appalling defensive record with him in the side compared to without, unless it's a meaningless stat in the context of how we play as I detailed

There are those that know I rest my case
    Oh yes and we had Bobby and Jota and Nunez available for all of those games didn't we. We didn't try Oxlade up front oh no.. We weren't integrating a new lad from Holland were we...? Oh no - all just figments of my imagination.

Hmm.. The fact that the records are so close simply highlighting how much of a bullshitter you are

When you have finished coughing and spluttering - I suggest you look at the games again. See who was available to play, switch your brain on - if you can find the button - and then we can talk.