Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Elliott opens up about fear of joining Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Oh yes and we had Bobby and Jota and Nunez available for all of those games didn't we. We didn't try Oxlade up front oh no.. We weren't integrating a new lad from Holland were we...? Oh no - all just figments of my imagination.

Hmm.. The fact that the records are so close simply highlighting how much of a bullshitter you are
    Sounds like too many excuses Steveo, far too many excuses, after all, you are THE POSTER who has continually tried to put our winning games solely down to Thiago having played, you've done it over and over and over and over again, relentlessly

Go back to school little boy, you've been schooled come here talking about facts, get presented with the facts, change tac, start trying to make excuses, the facts are the facts, and they are, we have been far FAR better without Thiago than we have with him so far this season entirely contrary to your claims 'Thiago makes us tick' and we have been better with him in the side, you claimed as being FACT
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Says the barnstorming lunatic who can't stop splattering these pages translating his endless verbal diarrhoea into black and white..

Same bifter who continually makes excuse after excuse for Captain fantastic. An endless diatribe of - where was player x or Y? OR It's Jurgen's fault.. boo hoo he has thrown the baby out with the bath water..

Yet when it. suits you - you will twist the knife in on a player who has been doing the job of 2 players for most of the games he has had the misfortune to feature in - this pitiful season.

School is a great place to learn, and I suggest you go back and try again.

Forgive me but....

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    we have been far FAR better without Thiago than we have with him so far this season entirely contrary to your claims
    However:

P15 W6 D4 L5 GF23 GA25 Clean sheets 3

Premier League games without Thiago

P14 W6 D4 L4 GF27 GA10 Clean sheets 6 SIX
    Is the above
    far FAR better
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________

'Thiago makes us tick' and we have been better with him in the side, you claimed as being FACT
    Erm... are you confusing what was said about last season and the back end of the season before - and using it wrongly to try and win an argument about this season which you have already lost?

Maybe a lie down, some meds?

Stats can be misleading. Results are almost never driven by any single individual playing or not playing.

Whether we are a better team when Thiago plays is difficult to judge. We're certainly a different team when he plays.

Things that are impossible to prove make for good back and forth on these threads though

The facts are there for us all to see. We can see the lineups. Who was and was not available. Most of us are well aware that we suffered a crippling injury crisis this season - much akin to the one we had during the title defence. The two seasons have much in common. The key differences being - an older squad in the engine room AND also at the back - PLUS a new front line in the main AND crucially - almost no pre season after a record 63 game campaign!

People can try to ignore the facts and attempt to blame certain players for everything under the sun - OR blame it all on Klopp while defending other players who have shown time and time again to be at fault.. All of this is fine, it's up to them - it's a forum.

But they must surely realise that anyone with half a brain in their head will struggle to take it seriously.

Ha ha ha you really are the gift that keeps on giving, how many times are you going to try and move the goalposts, HOW MANY, you're excelling in completely embarrassing yourself here

You said, and have persistently tried to claim that we won games or had a run solely because Thiago played in it everyone here knows that, you've said it so frequently, almost relentlessly

You claimed the stats on tackles showed he had been by far our best midfielder, I said stats on tackles alone don't prove anything, because they can be tackles for the wrong reasons, showing a player consistently caught out of position, they don't show the times they were so badly out of position they didn't make a tackle at all AND that tackles alone were pretty meaningless in a team playing a pressing and counter pressing game as all the other players combined, a team game as I have continually stressed, made most of our tackles and intercepts easier and possible

When we examine our results, goals scored and goals conceded and clean sheets WITH Thiago's most tackles of all our midfielders, it shows what I was arguing is very obviously and absolutely correct

Then you try and claim it is because of the absence of Jota and Bobby I could really embarrass you further if i was a childish and pathetic as you show yourself to be at times and so could be bothered to go and find your posts from 20-21 on the subject of Jota (who was your emperors new clothes who hasn't scored in over a year now) and the quite disgusting sheer delight you and Kev were taking in what you saw as the end for Bobby and his demise, when it was actually the demise of our left hand side and width and the beginning of our losing Mane

Mane just 11 goals 7 assists in 20-21 his position changed for Jota
    Jota just 9 goals 0 ZERO assists so not bringing more goals as the change made Mane score less
    Bobby scored 9 goals and 7 assists - just one assist less than in 19-20
    To reiterate, we didn't score more goals as a result of Jota playing instead of Bobby as sacrificing Mane and Robbo and our width on our left meant we didn't score more and got less assists

But here you are citing the absence of Bobby you slated ridiculed and were wildly celebrating what you viewed as his demise as a reason for results when Thiago played when you've been so clear we won games solely because of Thiago so consistently, again, embarrassing

More to the point Nunez missed 4 of the 14 games Thiago didn't play and we were STILL miles better

So the only stats are the stats cherry picked by 19x..?

Also no allowances for the huge injury list. No Mané this season - No Diaz since the Arsenal game. Then no Jota or Bobby or Virgil for a good spell. The acclimatisation of Nunez into a new team in a new league? Ditto Gakpo… A lad just turned 17 having to play alongside Naby fooking Keita… no allowances whatsoever.

Then we have the stats that CC presented to you and that you cannot reconcile.

Your our own words betray what a fruitcake you are. You present almost identical stats for games across this season, yet claim one set proves we were “far far” better. This despite having most of the players that were out injured back for said games vs those you want to cite, presumably as “far far” worse.

19x - do yourself and everyone a favour and just give it a rest
    Last edited by Steveo; 11th April 2023 at 08:58 PM.

I am loving this, you're like a prize whopper fish out of water, floundering and flip flopping around everywhere

All the line ups have had effects from Mane leaving and other players being missing, and daft decisions from Jurgen all season

Cherry picking stats, and then you reference CCTV's stats, oh my God, so embarrassing, you and CCTV were harking on and on and on about tackling stats alone, cherry picking a single stat without including other relevant stats and using that one stat alone to say Thiago was our best midfielder this season, then you are making all kinds of excuses and flip flopping all over the place as to why the stats over several games, show we've been better without him and we've conceded far more with him in the side

Here's another set of stats to go with your tackling stats on giving up big chances

WITH Thiago in the side

Opposition
    Shots 174
    On target 85

Without Thiago in the side

Opposition
    Shots 105
    On target 35

50 FIFTY more opposition shots on target with Thiago in the side and he has missed a few big games in which the opposition generally have more shots on target

Now you do yourself and everyone else a favour stop flip flopping and floundering around and trying to move the goalposts, EVRYONE knows the absolute garbage you've been consistently spouting about Thiago 'making us tick' 'winning runs of games single handedly] and be quiet and console yourself in tthe absolute destruction of your persistent lies, tripe and absolute crap that you have delivered upon yourself

Just shut up and stop making it worse for yourself, you look an absolute buffoon
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 11th April 2023 at 09:13 PM.

You are a lost cause. This is why so few bother with you - beyond taking the piss. I at least try to highlight for you the error of your ways.

All hacks suffer this problem. They root themselves in a belief and when it is exposed as wrong, rather than accept it or reality they just keep digging and digging. When they bring up stats and the stats destroy their misguided belief they attack the one who is trying to help them.

It's so sad 19.

With Thiago in the side 35 games and 92 points - including 10 with no Captain or Virgil or any senior Centre backs.

19 those are the stats that eviscerate your entire position.

As for this season, at the risk of going on and on like broken record. You compared the results with and without Thiago and they are an almost exact match! So then you try to look at Shots and shots target, but this is for a team with most of its front 3 in play. A team Not relying a boy and Naby Keita, a team with Virgil, the rock we have so heavily relied upon for the entire period in which we were competing at the top.

I see you're telling me to "shut up" now.. Calm down dear

I won't stop.. better accept that too.. Peace

The errors of my ways, you're floundering and flip flopping all over the place, I can't be bothered wasting my time quoting the numerous things you've said you have contradicted throughout this thread and backed down from, I've remained absolutely consistent in the points i've made and back them up with meaningful stats, when those stats hammer your "Thiago is the best of all our midfielders because he makes more tackles" "thiago makes us tick" "We once won a run of X games because of Thiago" absolute nonsense, you try and wriggle and squirm out of it by attacking whoever has successfully called out your absolute bullshit, Taksin CD, loads of posters have done it here to you, but you just keep posting and posting and posting trying to muddy the waters trying to direct people's attention away from the improtant stats and facts, until they get bored or you and you then woefully incorrectly try and claim that as some kind of victory