Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I hope that's not just a one off and hopefully something that can get used again. Something to get excited about.
    He was still lazy as fuck tracking back and following the runner. Stick him in midfield if his creativeness is that important to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    He was still lazy as fuck tracking back and following the runner. Stick him in midfield if his creativeness is that important to the team.
    His creativity has always been a massive part of how and why we've been successful, he's been our most creative player under Jurgen and by a distance, even in 19-20 when Henderson became accidental playmaker, although it was Hendo releasing him to create
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You may as well play Trent instead of Jones.. he offers more pace and directness. Jones just wants to hold the ball and slow the game down. hes not good enough.
    Agreed, although still better than playing Elliott at RCM based on how much more we got out of Trent is his absence, it was like last season without him again, Trent a player reborn in his absence

Both Elliott and Jones have this on their pre match playlists mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ojOHMhxDbY

That's all they do, slow play down, connect as many meaningless safety first, make sure i don't give it away passes as possible for their stats, "They might fool those fucks on the middle class wanker stats sites, but they don't fool the Jesus" (a rehash of a The Big Lebowski Jesus quote)

There's a player in Jones. I know most don't think so but he just needs to give the ball earlier.

His first touch is excellent and has really good movement. His passing is good when he does play it at the right moment.

I'd sooner give him a run out in midfield than Elliott.

Having said that, Thiago has to come back into the team.

Nunez in for Diogo and Bobby in for Gakpo.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    There's a player in Jones. I know most don't think so but he just needs to give the ball earlier.

His first touch is excellent and has really good movement. His passing is good when he does play it at the right moment.

I'd sooner give him a run out in midfield than Elliott.

Having said that, Thiago has to come back into the team.

Nunez in for Diogo and Bobby in for Gakpo.
    I'd sooner give Jones minutes than Elliott, Jones needs to work on releasing the ball when the pass is on and to back himself to make some passes he doesn't play because he doesn't want to be the player to lose the ball, as you say

Diaz will be in the squad. 3 months too bloody late.

#LFC line up v Leeds: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Henderson, Jones; Salah, Gakpo, Jota.

Subs: Kelleher, Thiago, Milner, Firmino, Elliott, Tsimikas, Diaz, Nunez, Matip
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

No natural width again on the left..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Makes no sense to me. None.

Quite surprised to see an unchanged line up, but,. if we can start this game as we played the last hour of the game v Arsenal, we should get the win here

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Jones

Salah Gakpo Jota

Strong bench Subs: Kelleher, Thiago, Milner, Firmino, Elliott, Tsimikas, Diaz, Nunez, Matip.

Nothing but a win will do tonight, has to be 3 points, no excuses