Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your team v Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Diaz will be in the squad. 3 months too bloody late.
    Yep total sickener that. Had he been around, you know we have a decent shout for top 4. This is what I have been saying for months. We have lost almost our entire front line for prolonged spells this season. On top of that fatigue from last seasons marathon, a washed up middle and a shattered back line…and you understand the why.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep total sickener that. Had he been around, you know we have a decent shout for top 4. This is what I have been saying for months. We have lost almost our entire front line for prolonged spells this season. On top of that fatigue from last seasons marathon, a washed up middle and a shattered back line…and you understand the why.
    Steveo, we've done this, we had far greater strength in depth for the first and only season under Jurgen and rotated heavily, I went to great lengths to show the number of games and minutes each player played and only one played more than a normal season for most top players whose team are fighting for the league and Champions League, the others either played a normal season or just under or quite a few less games with the luxury of actually being able to rest top players and having other top players to come in

There are no valid grounds for the myth you have continually peddled about all our players having played far more minutes last season, it didn't happen, I presented all the numbers, please stop myth making and making excuses

We've had players missing, we've also fucked about with formation, style of play and all manner of other things that lead to significant drops in form and performance, it's simply undeniable, we've broken pretty much every rule set in stone since team sports began of how to be successful in any team sport, continuity being the main one and frequently through choice

Here is something that should be obvious to even you, if you change formation entirely, and change to a designated playmaker, and play a No9 who doesn't have the strengths and abilities required of a No9 in a 4231, at least not in the Premier League, all of the positioning and movement and understanding your players have of each other in game, that they have built up over 5 years playing 433 with many of the same group together goes entirely out of the window, entirely and that does not come back as if by magic when you put them back in the old formation and way of playing, which we didn't do until long past half way through the season
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 17th April 2023 at 07:32 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

first time we had a bit of real quality 1-0 Gakpo
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

OK wrong thread
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century