Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premier League open talks to ditch Sky Sports and BT Sports

Premier League open talks to ditch Sky Sports and BT Sports

Apparently The Premier League (after all the hoo har about the proposed ESL) are considering sacking off Sky and BT Sport and launching their own streaming service for Premier League games

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-sky-sports-plan-29660799

If it goes ahead it could mean much lower subscription fees for supporters and only having to pay to one broadcaster/provider

It should make it far more cost effective for supporters as not only do many have to have 3 or 4 subscriptions to view only a few of their own club's games, but they are paying an absolute prmium for all those subscriptions for the broadcasters to invest into building an audience for other sports they don't want
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

DAZN were linked with this last week and potentially ditching the 3pm blackout.

Can't happen soon enough. If even just to shake up the current state of punditry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    Can't happen soon enough. If even just to shake up the current state of punditry.
    I'm sure they'll find an excuse to have Micah Richards wedged in somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'm sure they'll find an excuse to have Micah Richards wedged in somewhere.
    I'll do it for a quarter of what he's getting paid 😏

I struggled for a link to the game yesterday.. i found one just has Jota was fouled. and i heard from the commentary
    "he went down rather easy there didn't he Jamie <--Martin Tyler.
    I hope they ditch the shitbag into a hole a very deep hole.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I struggled for a link to the game yesterday.. i found one just has Jota was fouled. and i heard from the commentary
    "he went down rather easy there didn't he Jamie <--Martin Tyler.
    I hope they ditch the shitbag into a hole a very deep hole.
    How long is he going on for? He must be absolutely buckled, he's been on sky for nearly thirty years and was a pundit well before then too. He's 107 years old n'all.
    Can't have any hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    How long is he going on for? He must be absolutely buckled, he's been on sky for nearly thirty years and was a pundit well before then too. He's 107 years old n'all.
    Can't have any hobbies.
    Maybe it's not really him anymore. Maybe it's just some clichéd audio clips they play over and over.

That was a stonewall penalty yesterday, Holding went right through the back of him, kicking both Jota’s legs and falling all over him. But yeah Martin, he wears a Liverpool shirt plus he’s a dirty foreigner so he “went down easy”.
    I cannot stand that absolute weapon.

The one on Salah at the end wasn't even checked by VAR was it?