Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League quarter finals

Madrid look a cut above Chelsea so far.

AC Milan 1-0 Napoli
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No he isn't but he is well worth the 9m we should and could have signed him for in the summer and at that price, we could have just let Keita go on a free to get rid of him, as he will be doing anyway

His passing is class, far more what we need than you know who brings, the way he plays a 30 yarder that just drops with pin point accuracy over the full backs head to their wide forward alone would have been priceless for us and he has so much more than that, him with Gini and Hendo upgrades either side would have been perfect for us
    He preferred Benfica over top European clubs because he was guaranteed a starting place in the first team. City thought they were getting both, he and Alverez but Enzo picked the easier route to Portugal.
    Both moved for very little which would make me believe there was back handers handed out.

Fucking Valverde man, what a player that lad is, what an engine and turn of pace too, he's another who would have fitted us like a glove, perfect and considerable Hendo upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He preferred Benfica over top European clubs because he was guaranteed a starting place in the first team. City thought they were getting both, he and Alverez but Enzo picked the easier route to Portugal.
    Both moved for very little which would make me believe there was back handers handed out.
    That Alvarez is class too

I think Chelsea are trying to play far too much through Enzo though, it makes them easy to press and to defend against for me, I wanted him here, but as a positionally strong No6 with great passing ability, not as a designated playmaker, I think that system is long since out dated with so many side being good enough in the press to give the side trying to employ it serious issues as it makes their play too easy to read

I think it lessens their teams own pressing and counter pressing ability, because with a designated playmaker, for me what naturally starts to happen, rather than by design, is too many of your other players are looking to move into space to give the playmaker options, rather than one or two doing so and the others keeping good counter pressing positions. So when you lose possession, teams rip straight through you, which pretty much perfectly describes what has happened to us far too frequently

I think that's been a part of what has gone wrong for us this season

Oh dear Chilwell sent off a few minutes back for tugging back Rodrigo when last man, still only 1-0 to Real

Boooooom get the fucking FUCK in m man Ansensio makes it 2-0 to Real

Lolzer, not really my man Asensio

Chelsea bummed 2-0 by real

Napoli bummed 1-0 by AC Milan

So it's almost certainly a Real Madrid v Man City semi-final in one match and unless there's a Benfica fight-back we will see an all-Italian semi-final and thus have a Serie A side in the Final.

Just hope we don't see something like Man City reaching the Final to wallop a side with European heritage. Man City beating AC Milan 4-0 or something would be grim stuff.

Would be utterly hilarious if that match happened and was decided by a Divock Origi winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    So it's almost certainly a Real Madrid v Man City semi-final in one match and unless there's a Benfica fight-back we will see an all-Italian semi-final and thus have a Serie A side in the Final.

Just hope we don't see something like Man City reaching the Final to wallop a side with European heritage. Man City beating AC Milan 4-0 or something would be grim stuff.

Would be utterly hilarious if that match happened and was decided by a Divock Origi winner.
    They'll never get a better chance to win it.