Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool set sights on Mount

Liverpool set sights on Mount

Mason Mount is Liverpool’s number-one transfer target this summer, according to reports.…

Full story

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Far more upset about the prospect of signing this lad than missing out on Bellingham.

Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Far more upset about the prospect of signing this lad than missing out on Bellingham.
    I doubt many were massively excited about Wijnaldum or Robertson before they joined us either.

How he might perform in Klopp's Liverpool side versus a Chelsea side that continually recruits new Managers would be interesting to see - could be good, could be shite. We can't afford for him to be shite of course but will reserve judgement until he has had a spell in a Red shirt.

Can see Lampard trying to make him sign an extension anyway. Not that Frank will stay if Chelsea have any sense whatsoever.

Correct Sid. Many were upset when we landed Salah instead of Brandt.

Bellingham could easily be a hugely expensive flop for whoever does land him. Might still be us yet, but the wealth of talk around us pulling up out - is looking pretty final.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I doubt many were massively excited about Wijnaldum or Robertson before they joined us either.

How he might perform in Klopp's Liverpool side versus a Chelsea side that continually recruits new Managers would be interesting to see - could be good, could be shite. We can't afford for him to be shite of course but will reserve judgement until he has had a spell in a Red shirt.

Can see Lampard trying to make him sign an extension anyway. Not that Frank will stay if Chelsea have any sense whatsoever.
    We’ve gone from wanting Tchoumeni and him only to waiting for Bellingham to mason mount sid. The excuse for signing no one after failing with Tchoumeni was we only sign the players we really want. Imo we could have signed mount at any time we wanted over the last few years but his value is low enough now that we’ll go for it. It’s a money ball signing again which rather than expecting to work we are hoping it works. It most likely won’t.

Also correct eggy. But apart from the direct wake of the Coutinho sale… £142 million cash injection… haven’t most of our signings fallen into this category?

This is the model right?

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    We’ve gone from wanting Tchoumeni and him only to waiting for Bellingham to mason mount sid. The excuse for signing no one after failing with Tchoumeni was we only sign the players we really want. Imo we could have signed mount at any time we wanted over the last few years but his value is low enough now that we’ll go for it. It’s a money ball signing again which rather than expecting to work we are hoping it works. It most likely won’t.
    He hasn't signed yet to be fair so I will be waiting until we conduct our Summer business before I get too invested either way.

Diaz, Núñez and Gakpo all came within a 12-month period so as long as we get good mids in I don't mind too much who they are.

Barella, Ugarte, Thuram, whoever - plenty of players out there good enough to improve us. I don't think we are bouncing back to competing for League titles overnight but if we can bounce back into the Champion's League whilst continuing to sign younger players it will be a good foundation to build on - our 3 attacking signings are of a good age with room for improvement, the same can be said of Konate at the back and the same must now happen in the middle of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    He hasn't signed yet to be fair so I will be waiting until we conduct our Summer business before I get too invested either way.

Diaz, Núñez and Gakpo all came within a 12-month period so as long as we get good mids in I don't mind too much who they are.

Barella, Ugarte, Thuram, whoever - plenty of players out there good enough to improve us. I don't think we are bouncing back to competing for League titles overnight but if we can bounce back into the Champion's League whilst continuing to sign younger players it will be a good foundation to build on - our 3 attacking signings are of a good age with room for improvement, the same can be said of Konate at the back and the same must now happen in the middle of the park.
    If we signed mount and the the 2 Brighton lads or nunes or even palinha then fair enough. We will have strengthened. Mount alone would be deflating.