Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool set sights on Mount

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You're not wrong but why did they make it so known that they were literally holding off for him? It's been another very poorly thought out plan.
    And why would they think 84m is acceptable when the rumours have been north of 100m for over a year. They surely know that so why did they even bother entering into negotiations?
    Something doesn't add up, especially when you add that to the press leak.

I'm genuinely hoping it's a ruse to get him to force the move. It's also out of character, we don't walk away unless it's a situation like Fekir, medical related etc.
    This is it. We didn't sign a midfielder last summer because we missed out on touchy and we were waiting to get the 'right' player, being Bellingham.

Now he is too expensive 😂😂. They knew the price would be upward of 100million.

If we end up with mount for 70,60 even 40million. That's underwhelming and show us as a 2nd tier club.

Not at all what we need

NO THANK YOU!
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Could this fuckery be also linked to the fact that we haven't got an Edwards / Ward type Sporting Director at the moment? Someone keeping the deal under control?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

If this guy is the sort of player we're turning our attention to, we've got a MOUNTain to climb...

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    If this guy is the sort of player we're turning our attention to, we've got a MOUNTain to climb...
    He isn't a bad player. He's decent. Just underwhelming for us. Nothing to say he won't be a huge success. I remember when we signed Henderson for a shit load of money.

Also, we may not sign him esp with Lampard back at chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    He isn't a bad player. He's decent. Just underwhelming for us. Nothing to say he won't be a huge success. I remember when we signed Henderson for a shit load of money.

Also, we may not sign him esp with Lampard back at chelsea.
    Agreed. Though, he's the kind of player that I think Elliott will develop into. We dont really need another player who's position isn't really defined.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

It seems another poorly thought out target. A "he's available so we'll have him" rather than a player who fits into our team.
    I also get a feeling of it not fitting in terms of him personally. He doesn't seem an LFC player if that makes sense?

Pearce has said that they thought Bellingham was going to be available for 80m but the world cup sent the price upwards.
    In what world did they ever think they'd get him for that? And if so why even put out a statement you've pulled out?
    Surely you just don't even enter the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Pearce has said that they thought Bellingham was going to be available for 80m but the world cup sent the price upwards.
    In what world did they ever think they'd get him for that? And if so why even put out a statement you've pulled out?
    Surely you just don't even enter the conversation.
    Just lies lies and more lies. Said it a year ago. No chance we spend 100m on him or anyone else. It was never happening.

Did the club/Klopp say that he was a target?