Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool set sights on Mount

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Did the club/Klopp say that he was a target?
    Not directly but journos have obviously been given info that he's was our target hence not buying and waiting.
    That wait has now been a total waste of time and a major setback. That's what has made this ten times worse.

I'm hoping it's a ruse, get him to force the move as he allegedly wants it over any other club. All part of a bigger plan.........I'm fucking dreaming aren't I?....

The real sickener here is that he wants the move despite us not making the CL this season. That should count for something in my book.

I'm just really puzzled as to why they'd even bid a derisory amount that they knew wasnt getting accepted and then give out info that they're out of the race. They just didn't need to do either. If they have definitely bid 84m its pure arrogance.

It kind of reminds me of the Newcastle Rooney situation. They knew for a fact they had no chance but made a bid anyway as a show to their fans.

He;ll be able to Mount himself on an hospital bed when he or if he comes.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Correct Sid. Many were upset when we landed Salah instead of Brandt.

Bellingham could easily be a hugely expensive flop for whoever does land him. Might still be us yet, but the wealth of talk around us pulling up out - is looking pretty final.
    Think it leaves Jude with all the work to do if he wants to join LFC, or just sign for the biggest bidder - likely Real when you mix money and status

Mason Mount is not a bad player. As long as he is not the only signing. Think he can play multiple positions depending on system.

He is a Oxlade Chamberlian type of signing if he comes. Proven English player not world class but not dross either.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Mason Mount is not a bad player. As long as he is not the only signing. Think he can play multiple positions depending on system.

He is a Oxlade Chamberlian type of signing if he comes. Proven English player not world class but not dross either.
    I doubt Mount is our only option.

Chelsea need to offload players but I think he'll end up staying.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Could this fuckery be also linked to the fact that we haven't got an Edwards / Ward type Sporting Director at the moment? Someone keeping the deal under control?
    Isn't Ward technically still here until at least the end of the season?
    (before he fucks off to Ajax?)

Besides which, I wouldn't be falling over myself patting either of them on the back.

This current mess we're in happened under both their watch.
    Yes, we love to wank ourselves over what a "genius" Edwards was with his moves for the likes of the Allison and Fabhino and the like (assuming that was still him back then), but then again under who's watch have we seen our midfield slowly deteriorate due to aging out or constant injury issue without replacement of the likes of Gini leaving or getting a proper box-to-box Midfielder?

Under who's genius watch has it been to see us play all this time with Trent as practically our only option at Right-back with no proper natural alternative (That's not Gomez or Milly) or no competition to push him to get better at defending and no option for Klopp to play a different style.

Either one of them were still in charge last summer in addition to not addressing the general team shortfalls, when the decision was made to delay any move for Bellingham, even knowing a World Cup was coming that would feature him and inevitably drive his price up and invite a bidding war.

If you didn't see this coming and you were in charge of transfers then you ought not (still) be cashing a paycheck or worse, getting a payraise to move to Ajax.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Ward is still there bit sury he checked out the day he handed his notice in.
    Mike Gordon came back as general director.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Think it leaves Jude with all the work to do if he wants to join LFC, or just sign for the biggest bidder - likely Real when you mix money and status
    If he truly still wants to come to us, then he'll make the decision to snub a big money move to Real and run down the final year of his contract at Dortmund and come to us on a free next summer when, (assuming we don't bollox it up this transfer window and the start of next season) he could even be joining a Champions League team.

I don't see Dortmund letting him leave for anything less than they'll be demanding and certainly not for anything less than any team other than us will bid for him despite him not wanting to go to them.
    So any talk of him forcing a move to us will probably be out of the question.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

He won't be in a free, hrs got two years on his deal. Be considerably less than current valuation.
    I'd be happy if we pay a retainer like we did on Keita. I do believe he wants the LFC move, I think BvB would be open to that if he stays another year.
    I definitely still feel there is more to happen that involves us.