Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool set sights on Mount

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He won't be in a free, hrs got two years on his deal. Be considerably less than current valuation.
    I'd be happy if we pay a retainer like we did on Keita. I do believe he wants the LFC move, I think BvB would be open to that if he stays another year.
    I definitely still feel there is more to happen that involves us.
    We should have done this LAST summer.

If Dortmund truly didn't want to let him leave after only having just letting Haaland go, then what was to stop us from going to them with a deal and the reported 80 Mill we're allegedly currently offering them and has been rejected - and which we all know he wasn't worth back then - and tell them we would give them half the money then or 50 mill, but then loan him back to them for the season, while they had the luxury of finding a replacement.
    Plus we would pay half his wages like any standard loan deal.

This way we secure him for leaving, while also guarding against the inevitable bidding war that would happen after he had a great World Cup as was to be expected.
    And then they'd get the balance this summer (or part of it not stipulated as add-ons and)
    Just like we did with Keita and Origi's deals.

There's no reason why they would reject a deal like that that would allow them to keep the player, get part of his fee in advance, have the luxury of finding his replacement(s) at their convenience, and watch half his wages wiped off their books.

And on our end it would allow us to manage the books by spreading his purchase price over two transfer windows, keep his price tag down and fixed and avoid the inevitable bidding war with the likes of Real and PSG and City, ....and all for a player who reportedly wants to come to us.

That such a deal wasn't even proposed to them is madness and pure incompetence to me.
    And if it turns out that it was because they assumed we would be on easy street convincing Dortmund to sell him to us at our price, then.....I'm just at a loss.

Maybe there's still an opportunity for that this transfer window as well but I'm convinced it won't be anywhere near as easy with the likes of Real and City sniffing about (and Real really looking like THEY need to re-load that aging midfield of theirs with Kroos and Modric on their way out or having not that many seasons left, and after having had a not-so-great season by their standards regardless of what happens in the Champions League), nor would we be able to get him - even with such a structured loan deal - for the price we would have gotten him for last summer before his value skyrocketed after the World Cup.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    We should have done this LAST summer.

If Dortmund truly didn't want to let him leave after only having just letting Haaland go, then what was to stop us from going to them with a deal and the reported 80 Mill we're allegedly currently offering them and has been rejected - and which we all know he wasn't worth back then - and tell them we would give them half the money then or 50 mill, but then loan him back to them for the season, while they had the luxury of finding a replacement.
    Plus we would pay half his wages like any standard loan deal.

This way we secure him for leaving, while also guarding against the inevitable bidding war that would happen after he had a great World Cup as was to be expected.
    And then they'd get the balance this summer (or part of it not stipulated as add-ons and)
    Just like we did with Keita and Origi's deals.

There's no reason why they would reject a deal like that that would allow them to keep the player, get part of his fee in advance, have the luxury of finding his replacement(s) at their convenience, and watch half his wages wiped off their books.

And on our end it would allow us to manage the books by spreading his purchase price over two transfer windows, keep his price tag down and fixed and avoid the inevitable bidding war with the likes of Real and PSG and City, ....and all for a player who reportedly wants to come to us.

That such a deal wasn't even proposed to them is madness and pure incompetence to me.
    And if it turns out that it was because they assumed we would be on easy street convincing Dortmund to sell him to us at our price, then.....I'm just at a loss.

Maybe there's still an opportunity for that this transfer window as well but I'm convinced it won't be anywhere near as easy with the likes of Real and City sniffing about (and Real really looking like THEY need to re-load that aging midfield of theirs with Kroos and Modric on their way out or having not that many seasons left, and after having had a not-so-great season by their standards regardless of what happens in the Champions League), nor would we be able to get him - even with such a structured loan deal - for the price we would have gotten him for last summer before his value skyrocketed after the World Cup.
    Don’t think we were ever seriously in for him at the expected valuation. As Logan Roy would say. “We’re not serious people”

Doing deals for players is not never that easy.. You saw with Chelsea. they paid out 600 million in 6 months..The only way they were gonna get their targets the wanted is by spending a ridiculous amount of money.. Now time will tell if the players they paid for. Are actually worth it.
    Again i can under the reluctance to get involved in a bidding war with Madrid and Man-city over Bellingham. We did the right thing and pulled out. Them 2 teams will just keep outbidding us.
    I would be fked off if we didnt sign really quality in the summer for the centre of the pitch though
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Doing deals for players is not never that easy.. You saw with Chelsea. they paid out 600 million in 6 months..The only way they were gonna get their targets the wanted is by spending a ridiculous amount of money.. Now time will tell if the players they paid for. Are actually worth it.
    Again i can under the reluctance to get involved in a bidding war with Madrid and Man-city over Bellingham. We did the right thing and pulled out. Them 2 teams will just keep outbidding us.
    I would be fked off if we didnt sign really quality in the summer for the centre of the pitch though
    Thinking with a clear head it’s too much money. I actually don’t think he’s worth it and there will be better out there. Not sure I have faith that we get any of the ones we want but we’ll see.

We DO NOT want Mount no fucking thank you, he just doesn't fit in, part of our problem this season is it's been like having a new manager without the bounce because of the changes Jurgen made and trying to install Thiago as a designated playmaker, when even CCTV agrees entirely, that his metrics in that area aren't at all good in his words

This season for me, one of the major issues has been Jurgen's continued attempts at evolution, pursuing his midfield playmaker fantasy, when all other top sides are abandoning it because it makes them very easy to press, sound familiar, maybe because we have had incredible issues with sides pressing us successfully this season

It's been disjointed and disconnected as teams can be when a new manager with a new way of playing takes over, it is bound to be when most of the players are used to playing very differently, the games we've looked more like Liverpool and had our energy we were famed for have been the games we set up like we used to and tried to play as we used to, but, that doesn't come flooding back overnight or in one or two games, there will be elements of 'muscle memory' as some people describe it, but it will take fully the amount of games we spent trying to play a different way to get back to playing anywhere near our levels at our best

AND all the while our ageing midfield and other top existing players are getting older, we need 3 new mids, as I posted 3 seasons ago, a proper DM or No6 and upgrades on Gini and Hendo, Mount is none of those things, he really simply does not fit in and with other top players getting older, we don't have another season of Jurgen trying to reinvent himself as a manager of a different style of football unsuccessfully to waste, this season has been a big fat waste of time and the players Jurgen has had at his disposal and that is not down to us not buying a midfielder, had we bought one, and Jurgen still tried the changes he did, I think we'd be no better off
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Thinking with a clear head it’s too much money. I actually don’t think he’s worth it and there will be better out there. Not sure I have faith that we get any of the ones we want but we’ll see.
    yep, i agree on both. I don't know where'd he fit in.I prefer proper 4/3/3. Not sure'd he score enough if he plays in the number 10. I can kinda understand the Mason Mount interest.. he'd offer more in the attacking side of midfield.
    and yes time will tell if we end up with targets we set out to get.

I would rather have any 2 of MacAllister Stach Koopmeiners Gravenberch than Mount all day fucking long, and then sell Fab to buy one more of them making 3, all of them fit our system of play that best suits our other players and compliment our other players

If Jurgen wants options for 4231 then buy the lad Nico Williams from Bilbao for fucks sake, truly 2 footed, absolutely fucking rapid (99 pace) great dribbler, great flair, can play attacking midfield OR forward right or left, the ultimate player to compliment our forward line
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What you need from your midfield is a player that can break off the front man.. Gakpo will be the player that drops deeper and into midfield at times. similar to Firmino. we've never had a player in that role since Gerrard (in my opinion) Obviously Mount is nowhere near the level of Gerrard but his record for scoring goals is pretty decent. I wouldnt start Mount all the time. In games id run teams about a bit with 3 strong midfielders and Gakpo has the 4th midfielder in the false 9 come 10 role It always leaves us short centrally when we attack. But over the years its done us well. this season we have been all over the shop. because we haven't had enough strength in the middle. so we have been too open.
    And on top of that we havent been to out run teams in the last 20. because of the stupid 5 sub thing. teams dont run out of legs like they use too.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    What you need from your midfield is a player that can break off the front man.. Gakpo will be the player that drops deeper and into midfield at times. similar to Firmino. we've never had a player in that role since Gerrard (in my opinion) Obviously Mount is nowhere near the level of Gerrard but his record for scoring goals is pretty decent. I wouldnt start Mount all the time. In games id run teams about a bit with 3 strong midfielders and Gakpo has the 4th midfielder in the false 9 come 10 role It always leaves us short centrally when we attack. But over the years its done us well. this season we have been all over the shop. because we haven't had enough strength in the middle. so we have been too open.
    And on top of that we havent been to out run teams in the last 20. because of the stupid 5 sub thing. teams dont run out of legs like they use too.
    We really don’t seem to allow midfield get beyond forwards much these days unless it’s looking for a famous anfield night in Europe or chasing a game. I think we should have evolved our use of midfield more by now but it seems to have regressed

Good luck anyone finding another Firmino. He ran himself totally into the ground for us. Had Jota not arrived when he did - and performed as he did we would have been in a similar predicament to where we are now - much sooner.