Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fsg out

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Who else do you think was part of that mismanagement?

You don't get to praise the Edwards and the Wards of the world for all the great buys like the Diaz's and the Nunez's, as some fans as wont to, but then let them off the hook for not replacing Gini or the fact that nothing had been done to refresh that midfield for ages now and we let all our starters in the middle of the park age out.

Not to mention the perennial crocks that were bought/loaned under their watch (Keita, Ox, Melo)
    Nunez is a great buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    Nunez is a great buy?
    Don't judge him yet. Some players don't bloom right away.

Luis Suarez didn't - not in the League at least.

In his first half-season with us he got 4 goals in 13 League games.

In his first full League season he bags 11 goals in 31 League games.

Núñez has (open to correction) something like 8 goals in 23 League games and do bear in mind it's been a season disrupted by suspension, a World Cup and lacking in cohesion due to injuries and trying to re-shape the attack.

He isn't winning a Gold medal for this season, but it isn't a wooden spoon one either. He also has the capacity to get assists for us as well.

I have huge faith that he will progress, particularly if he gets a number of rehearsed, muscle-memory style finishes under his belt.

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Who else do you think was part of that mismanagement?

You don't get to praise the Edwards and the Wards of the world for all the great buys like the Diaz's and the Nunez's, as some fans as wont to, but then let them off the hook for not replacing Gini or the fact that nothing had been done to refresh that midfield for ages now and we let all our starters in the middle of the park age out.

Not to mention the perennial crocks that were bought/loaned under their watch (Keita, Ox, Melo)
    I wouldn't say that Diaz and Nunez are great buys. They've shown promise but need to kick on.

Mane Salah Van Dijk Robertson Allison were all great buys. All the more recent major signings like the 2 above and Thiago Konate Jota etc have been decent. Not terrible but not great either.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The rumours are that he wants the move. That would,/will be a very bitter pill if it's true.
    I definitely feel we are still involved, he hasn't said anything personally yet.
    That’s my take , if he didn’t want to come fair enough , if he wants it and it doesn’t happen , a very bitter pill to swallow

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyliver View Post
    That’s my take , if he didn’t want to come fair enough , if he wants it and it doesn’t happen , a very bitter pill to swallow
    There are plenty of things that I want but can't afford.

I don't blame them entirely, I think Jurgen wanting to keep the same lads together, something he puts a great deal of faith in has been part of the problem also

It's a combination of things, FSG were straight up about how they would go about our business all along and it being continuously successful was really dependent on UEFA and The Premier League actually enforcing FFP and not just on the likes of Everton and others, on the biggest piss takers of all like City, Chelsea and the filthy

Fab should have gone in the summer of 2020, simply not a No6 or DM he's a midfield destroyer, should have sold him and gone for an actual DM and made a profit there

The Thiago as a midfield playmaker fantasy that has been part of why we've been so shit this season was all Jurgen's idea by the looks of things, replacing and ever present like Gini with a lad the same age with a long history of missing several games a season through injuries and in other teams he was successful as a playmaker in, albeit one of two playmakers, those sides then struggling in his absence, well, it's simply the most self indulgent fucked up idea ever, if a manager of any other club did that with the effect it has had I'd been absolutely ripping them

Ward fucked up signing Tchouameni last season when Real weren't bidding and had all their eggs in the MBappe basket

The recruitment team fucked up not getting in Enzo for 9m in the summer, but playing devils advocate, Jurgen viewed Thiago as his playmaker and Fab as a credible Dm so he probably didn't want him

I think it's a mixture of several things, but wanting to keep the same group together, including players who are rarely fit to contribute and on whopping wages is a Jurgen thing, seeing too many players we could have got reasonable fees for that would have helped considerably leave for free, seeing us have to replace 2 or 3 in one area at the same time as we wide bringing in 3 forwards in a year through keeping others on for too long as a result of that

No-one's mentioning the elephant in the room about us having had to bring in 3 forwards in a year I see, that was on Jurgen keeping Origi and Minamino so long

Had he sold fab and Origi when he should of, one in the summer of 2019 and the other in the summer of 2020 it would have likely generated 90m to put towards proper players for their positions
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I read the first sentence nineteenx and that was enough.. Its not a matter of Jurgen wanting to keep the same players together he had no fucking choice. because he is NOT been given enough MONEY to be able to change the playing staff. 1 signing a transfer window. is NOT ENOUGH. Im sure Klopp wants 3/4 players this summer. Its not his fault if the owners wont cough up the readies for him
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I wish we could use those laughing emojis like you can on WhatsApp messages.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I read the first sentence nineteenx and that was enough.. Its not a matter of Jurgen wanting to keep the same players together he had no fucking choice. because he is NOT been given enough MONEY to be able to change the playing staff. 1 signing a transfer window. is NOT ENOUGH. Im sure Klopp wants 3/4 players this summer. Its not his fault if the owners wont cough up the readies for him
    He could have sold players, he had offers for players, he handed players new contracts and pay rises, he had a 30m offer for Gomez for fucks sake Stevie trying to do us all a massive favour, could have sold Oxlade for 10m just this summer and bought Enzo Fernandez
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

AGAIN selling Gomez is fine BUT we wouldnt have got what we wanted for him (secondly just because some newspaper says this club was offered this and that. doesnt mean its true) We kept Gomez because that means he can cover centre back and right back. we wanted to buy a replacement for Gomez it would have been at least 50 million. that would mean. we'd have less to buy on other positions. and end up not getting other targets.
    its not easy when your hands are tied. Its a bring and buy sale at our club with old henry and his cronies
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century