Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fsg out

Has for selling Oxlade. maybe he was happy enough to stay until his contract ran out got his 120+ thousand a week and then left for free. He'll get a huge signing on fee when he goes to another club..
    Players think of themselves when it comes to money , same with Keita hes lazy pretend injured thief thats lived off our club like a leech.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Has for selling Oxlade. maybe he was happy enough to stay until his contract ran out got his 120+ thousand a week and then left for free. He'll get a huge signing on fee when he goes to another club..
    Players think of themselves when it comes to money , same with Keita hes lazy pretend injured thief thats lived off our club like a leech.
    True. That's why they both should have been shown the door two years ago. Undoubtedly two of the worst signings of Klopps reign in terms of their contribution vs their salary and transfer fee.
    Absolutely appalling value.

Jurgen goes on about a budget we have, and i think its evident to most of us..we won't get enough money to buy all the targets we need in the summer.
    Its simple FSG don;t want to spend any of their money..They were hoping for investment. But no one wants to invest their own money in case we don't do well..In that case FSG won't lose much of anything..The only people that suffer from FSG lack of personal input is the manager and the fans. who want use to challenge for things.. FSG dont give a fuck. they just want MONEY from the club, they are allowed to take what they desire

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    True. That's why they both should have been shown the door two years ago. Undoubtedly two of the worst signings of Klopps reign in terms of their contribution vs their salary and transfer fee.
    Absolutely appalling value.
    I know, they are finished as players. we won't hear anything good from them again. Keita in particular will do what hes always done at his new club. And blag his way to millions.
    Give me a player with hardly any ability that gives their all than a player with huge ability and couldnt give a toss.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Don't judge him yet. Some players don't bloom right away.

Luis Suarez didn't - not in the League at least.

In his first half-season with us he got 4 goals in 13 League games.

In his first full League season he bags 11 goals in 31 League games.

Núñez has (open to correction) something like 8 goals in 23 League games and do bear in mind it's been a season disrupted by suspension, a World Cup and lacking in cohesion due to injuries and trying to re-shape the attack.

He isn't winning a Gold medal for this season, but it isn't a wooden spoon one either. He also has the capacity to get assists for us as well.

I have huge faith that he will progress, particularly if he gets a number of rehearsed, muscle-memory style finishes under his belt.

I think he's been a good signing, I think how we tried to employ him as we did initially was incredibly disruptive to everything else we do or rather we used to do so well and was a total disaster, if anything he's been a bit Stan Collymore, as in "I don't know any other business they'd pay x amount of millions for something they had no idea of how to use"

Lots of us wanted the club to sign him, I was one of them, but he didn't just stay up top with players hitting crosses and longer balls to him/at him at Benfica, on paper he was a 9 like Haaland but that's not how he or Benfica played or used him he was dropping off at ime, right across the line, making runs in behind right across the line

We never had the wide players of the right type to play 4231, Mane at Bayern is a classic example of that, he isn't an attacking mid in a 4231 nor is he a No9 in a 4231, he's a forward in any of the 3 forward positions in a 433, I thought given how Nunez played at Benfica he'd be a player we could use in all 3 forward positions in a 433 and with work and time and working on the movement of our wide forwards and full backs we'd make him a complete forward who could do everything
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

AGAIN selling Gomez is fine BUT we wouldnt have got what we wanted for him (secondly just because some newspaper says this club was offered this and that. doesnt mean its true) We kept Gomez because that means he can cover centre back and right back. we wanted to buy a replacement for Gomez it would have been at least 50 million.
    30m for Gomez, there were Cbs available who were good Cbs for less than that

'We kept Gomez because that means he can cover centre back and right back' like against Real? The Thiago issue aside, it is NO surprise whatsoever we kept shipping goals employing Gomez as a CB especially with Fab at No6 it's been a proven recipe for disaster for 3 seasons ffs

One thing I do dislike intensely, loathe would be the appropriate term, is our keeping players on as part of the squad, some of them as first team regulars, in absolutely key positions like Cb or No6/DM who have had several absolute meltdowns in games that have led to crushing, devastating, incredibly costly and embarrassing defeats Gomez and Fab are 2 such players, Gomez having done it more, WHY? Why the fuck were either of them still here, to do what both did v Real at Anfield aided and abetted by Bajcetic

THAT^^^ Is what I call mismanagement, "Oh look here are 2 players doing hopeless shit and having meltdowns in an absolutely crucial game just like they have several other times, starting in 19-20" It is NOT fucking acceptable and they've both had whopping pay rises since then too, it's fucking scandalous
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Jurgen goes on about a budget we have, and i think its evident to most of us..we won't get enough money to buy all the targets we need in the summer.
    Its simple FSG don;t want to spend any of their money..They were hoping for investment. But no one wants to invest their own money in case we don't do well..In that case FSG won't lose much of anything..The only people that suffer from FSG lack of personal input is the manager and the fans. who want use to challenge for things.. FSG dont give a fuck. they just want MONEY from the club, they are allowed to take what they desire
    It looks to me like it's the start of lowering expectations. If there's a 100m to spend it's clearly half of what that squad requires to be competitive again.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It looks to me like it's the start of lowering expectations. If there's a 100m to spend it's clearly half of what that squad requires to be competitive again.
    I know,its obvious ain't it?. Matip is going by the sounds of it. usually he'd be allowed to run down his contract. But we need the money! he will need replacing. we need 4 main centre backs. Virgi Konate and Gomez will be left and thats only 3.
    Its a right piss take if you ask me

What I dislike from a certain contributor here.. he's had issues with Klopp in recent months (because klopp aint doing like he advises)So everything is his fault. even the squad and players. I don't think Thiago as been anything special. But look at how we bought him. 5 million paid over several years. it just shows at the time we werent gonna be paying 50 million on midfielder.
    I can't believe we have to buy players on the cheap.. obviously don't be taken for a ride by the selling club. But they have a right to sell their players how they wish too. But don't look for the 8 million garbage signing either

I know,its obvious ain't it?. Matip is going by the sounds of it. usually he'd be allowed to run down his contract. But we need the money! he will need replacing. we need 4 main centre backs. Virgi Konate and Gomez will be left and thats only 3.
    Its a right piss take if you ask me
    We should be bringing in a cb of quality this summer. If we were future planning a quality cb would be coming in now.

Matip or gomez should be sold (gomez for me but with the homegrown rule he probably stays). Vvd may have another top season but the injury and age will catch up with him. But with a quality signing we would have vvd, Konate and new cb. Gomez to be 4th choice or even Phillips.