Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klopp discusses Bellingham fiasco

Klopp discusses Bellingham fiasco

Jurgen Klopp was asked about this week’s news that Liverpool have decided against bidding for Jude Bellingham in the summer, despite the Borussia Dortmund midfielder being target number one all season.…

Full story

Anyone know what the embargo press conference is? Apparently klopp got very animated and confrontational with them regarding the transfers.

I have watched some of the press conference today. It doesn't look great for signing Bellingham which we all knew anyway. But it also doesn't sound good for the rebuild. Will there be money available?

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Anyone know what the embargo press conference is? Apparently klopp got very animated and confrontational with them regarding the transfers.

I have watched some of the press conference today. It doesn't look great for signing Bellingham which we all knew anyway. But it also doesn't sound good for the rebuild. Will there be money available?
    No clue.

He always get a bit pissed off by those transfer questions. Must be annoying dealing with shit questions off the media, he gets far more questions on transfers than PepCity

The reported fee for Bellingham looks like it will equal Sancho&Halaand combined.
    Think it's up to him to force his way out of Dortmund to Liverpool by saying he's not interested in playing anywhere else and hard balling the club.
    More likely he goes to Real at a guess.

Think there'll be money there but it's an interesting time,
    Essentially Matip, VVD, Hendo, Thiago & Salah are looking like our senior players for next season. Matip most rumoured to be leaving.

The post Salah era will be interesting, Nunez looks like the goalscorer in waiting but being deployed out on the left now.
    Right Wing, it'll be very hard to replace him, imo we'd be better off switching the formation to a 3 off Nunez - his future lies at CF

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    No clue.

He always get a bit pissed off by those transfer questions. Must be annoying dealing with shit questions off the media, he gets far more questions on transfers than PepCity

The reported fee for Bellingham looks like it will equal Sancho&Halaand combined.
    Think it's up to him to force his way out of Dortmund to Liverpool by saying he's not interested in playing anywhere else and hard balling the club.

Essentially Matip, VVD, Hendo, Thiago & Salah are looking like our senior players for next season. Matip most rumoured to be leaving.

The post Salah era will be interesting, Nunez looks like the goalscorer in waiting but being deployed out on the left now.
    Right Wing, it'll be very hard to replace him, imo we'd be better off switching the formation to a 3 off Nunez - his future lies at CF
    Isn’t part of our problem now that our high earners aren’t really performing relative to wage output. Looking like we haven’t been ruthless enough in rejuvenating the team. How do people rate salahs year. Clearly bedn average with the ball a lot but stats are still decent. We’re further down the table without him this year I reckon.

I wonder if BvB have reneged on an agreement? I just don't see how the club wouldn't have closed out these rumours months ago if there wasnt a chance we could sign him.
    They surely were not daft enough to think 84m was going to be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Isn’t part of our problem now that our high earners aren’t really performing relative to wage output. Looking like we haven’t been ruthless enough in rejuvenating the team. How do people rate salahs year. Clearly bedn average with the ball a lot but stats are still decent. We’re further down the table without him this year I reckon.
    Wages are a bit funny, Salah has a lot of commercial value on top of his goals and assists. Who knows who we'd have replaced him with.. but I think it's safe to say we'd be lower down the table without him.

I remember on my Mbop4dKop a few years back, signing him up on 400-450kpw and people said we'd never pay it.
    Said what do people expect our top performers to be looking for on their next contracts. Mane/Salah. Get mbop in on 400-450kpw

Mane 350 iirc at Bayern, Salah 375 here, obviously psg went nuts and Mbop is on 800+ per week now.

Naby & Ox combined are close to Salahs wage bill, needless to say I'd rather have Mo.

What annoys me is
    Player - potential fee - actualised fee

Ox - 10 - 0
    Div - 15 - 0
    Naby - 20 - 0
    Gini - 30 - 0
    Matip - 50 - 15?
    Bobby - 65 - 0
    Mane - 100 - 32

Now obviously we'd have to have sold and replaced earlier, but that's..
    290 million selling at the right time
    47 million selling too late

If you think of the lost fees and say everyone had to be sold 2-3 years earlier on average...
    Those late sales have cost us 243 million
    243 million say missing from our transfer kitty

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Not particularly drastic in my book, but judge for yourself -

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Not particularly drastic in my book, but judge for yourself -

Ya, that's not too bad, if that's the embargo section. I had read most of those quotes yesterday.

Basically saying the budget is on the owners and nothing new with it. It doesn't sound good for a massive rebuild some had hoped for. Will we spend 100million net? I think it's doubtful and there was some words for preparation in there.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    No clue.

I agree on Bellingham, I think he needs to force a move to us if that's what he wants. If he stays at Dortmund one more year we will DEFINITELY sign him next year 😂😂.

Matip leaving wouldn't the worst if we got good money for him. However, the we need another senior cb. Although I think we need a new cb anyway, on top of the 3 new midfielders.

And then there are the fullbacks to consider. It's a huge summer ahead.

We will only be given the money for one centre midfielder because FSG will think Jones is part of the plan and Morton.. Which is wrong. one is not a centre midfielder ie Curtis Jones and the other is only young. But doenst matter..FSG thought Keita wasnt worth replacing previously.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century