Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021

Thread: Match Thread: Leeds v Liverpool

He’s an excellent footballer, no doubt about that. It was evident in his youth career when he was at the centre of everything good on the pitch. Unfortunately, he seems to lack the self belief at this level. A decent performance against Leeds doesn’t really change things. I would love to be wrong.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, maybe now he will, last night was what so many of us have been wanting to see from him, taking responsibility for making things happen and not being afraid to get it wrong sometimes trying to
    Yeah, maybe. I don't see it happening.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Nice to give a team a smashing but I won't be getting carried away...Thought Leeds were pathetic....
    One of those where the opposition were poor, but we were good as well.

Hopefully can get a win against Forest as West Ham won't be a walk-over.

I didn't like Jurgen's favourite moment, I liked the desire and intensity involved, but four players all going to one player counter pressing really isn't good, that's what led to City's third goal v us, 3 surrounding a player, a player moves to give him an easy ball out, 3 players out of the game, 4 including Konate and 1 of 3 the players going in to surround ONE player left a man leaving him 2v1

I'd love for us to get back to proper pressing and counter pressing, where all our players picks up when attacking and not involved while keeping in a position to get involved and when defending, when we created situations where just one or two players at max need to combine to dispossess a player and the rest are making sure he has no options on for a pass, THAT is how we did it at our best - As I said to CCTV in another thread on stats for pressing and counter pressing, having a higher number of presses and counter presses, doesn't mean you have been more successful in pressing and counter pressing

My favourite moment was our 6th goal, when Trent shows Thiago how it is supposed to be done and who is the REAL pass master and chief creator in our team, ball goes to Trent, Thiago vacates his LCM position and runs all the way to Trent's right in a No10 position demanding and expecting the ball as ever, Trent just looks at him, and plays the perfect ball for Nunez to score, fucking priceless
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I remember there was a time, I was posting these after every match. Seems awhile since the last one! Let’s hope we don’t have to wait too long until the next one.

I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Cheers SB let’s hope there’s another 7 of them to post this season

Good win but don't let's get carried away.
    It was a poor Leeds performance.