Thread: Your team v Nottingham Forest

Your team v Nottingham Forest

While it's working - same again please!

.......................Alisson

Trent....Konate.....Van Dijk...Robertson

......................Fabinho

...........Henderson......Jones

....Salah.........Gakpo.......Jota

Newcastle will play Tottenham in the corresponding fixture so a chance to slightly close the gap on one of them.

This 3-2 in the build-up phase is interesting!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Absolutely Sid no need to change a winning side, especially with 4 days rest and preparation

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Jones

Salah Gakpo Jota
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I want to see the Jones who turned up tonight again and was brave with the ball and continued being brave with it after his passes to try and make things happen went astray 2 or 3 times, instead of continually playing safe and just trying to connect his passes for his stats leaving it to others to make something happen

I've been waiting a long time for him to produce a performance like that, now I want another one

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Absolutely Sid no need to change a winning side, especially with 4 days rest and preparation
    The coming games are happening on a Saturday - Wednesday - Sunday schedule for us which gives us every chance on the prep side of things.

Yep, same again.

What did we think of Trent's role? He's had his two best games for us in about 18 months. Though, it looks more down to application and attitude than a positional/role change.

I wouldn't mind seeing play as deep playmaker (a bit like Stevie's last few seasons) but more in a tradtional shape. I'm concerned that teams with better wingers will catch us out if plays half and half.

Playing like he did last nights puts both him and the RCB under a lot of pressure when out of possession.

And the other thing is that you're taking the best crosser of the ball at the club away from th ewide postions.

Interesting though.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Very interesting, and something we should have utilised much much sooner imo, however we didn't really have the front line in place to benefit for much of this season. Integrating new lads like Nunez - to work with another new lad in Diaz...and then bringing in Gakpo.. Players out injured etc. Can see why Jurgen held it off, but the guy does almost ALL of his best work in attack. He will most likely never be a solid defender, that just isn't Trent. get away with it when you have an unbelievable attack and a rock wall at the back but we don't.

Always a case of Jurgen needing to play to the strengths of our players for me, rather than doing the opposite chasing an ill conceived fantasy

If all your other players are seeing significantly less of the ball while one is seeing far more of it and that one is incapable of finding them in the positions they can create from, you're going to really struggle especially with so many unforced changes of formation and personnel on top of that

I've been through a lot of the line ups from this season, the picture Steveo, who recently rubbished how important Trent is, his playmaking ability and importance of it and his ability to EVER perform in midfield, is trying to paint, isn't the picture or story those line ups tell

On the playmaking front i have to confess to having a slight concern with Thiago having just watched the half hour highlights, he was immediately trying to make himself the fulcrum and centre of everything that never ever worked for us, as he was persistently to create a great many of our issues prior to crying off injured after leading us to a 3-0 whooping by bottom club Wolves, in just a short 6 minute cameo last night

It was quite clear it started to quickly effect other players space and positions that until then had been quite consistent, at his best for us, even though i found that incredibly underwhelming, Thiago played a fixed position and role, and got involved in the play through 'the team's play' through our system and the abilities of all our other players to collectively make the play between them without the need for a playmaker, rather than him trying to dominate the ball and proceedings as he has this season

I don't think attempting to bring him back in trying to dominate the ball and proceedings and make himself the centre of everything will be a good thing, it's a huge part of what fucked everything up in the first place

yep was another shite cameo where in 5 minutes we could have scored 3 goals AND produced Klopp’s favourite moment - 92nd minute..

Results with Thiago last season

39 games and 32 wins

Results without Thiago last season

23 games and 13 wins

Spot the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    yep was another shite cameo where in 5 minutes we could have scored 3 goals AND produced Klopp’s favourite moment - 92nd minute..

Results with Thiago last season

39 games and 32 wins

Results without Thiago last season

23 games and 13 wins

Spot the difference.
    There it is! ! !

The gift that keeps on giving

We didn't win those games as a result of Thiago playing, and AGAIN here you are trying to imply that's the case, when only the other day, when the tables were turned to how poor we've been with him this season, you started crying about who we played and when, what form they were in, which players we were missing

Keep trying and crying flippy floppy i WILL NOT let you have it both ways and also, last season Thiago predominantly played LCM controller, a fixed role, joining in play when the ball came to him naturally as part of our 'TEAM making the play' one of THE greatest strengths of this team, long before Thiago arrived and in his absence this season this 'TEAM' does NOT need a designated playmaker it was and is and always will be far stronger with 'the TEAM' collectively making the play involving all 'the TEAM' in it

Trying to adopt a designated playmaker in this TEAM was THE shittest idea in the history of shit ideas as it removes practically all our collective built up over 5 years 'the TEAM' being greater than the sum of its parts brilliance in one foul stroke and THAT more than all your pathetic excuses, is what fucked our season