Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Nottingham Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    There it is! ! !

The gift that keeps on giving

We didn't win those games as a result of Thiago playing, and AGAIN here you are trying to imply that's the case, when only the other day, when the tables were turned to how poor we've been with him this season, you started crying about who we played and when, what form they were in, which players we were missing

Keep trying and crying flippy floppy i WILL NOT let you have it both ways and also, last season Thiago predominantly played LCM controller, a fixed role, joining in play when the ball came to him naturally as part of our 'TEAM making the play' one of THE greatest strengths of this team, long before Thiago arrived and in his absence this season this 'TEAM' does NOT need a designated playmaker it was and is and always will be far stronger with 'the TEAM' collectively making the play involving all 'the TEAM' in it

Trying to adopt a designated playmaker in this TEAM was THE shittest idea in the history of shit ideas as it removes practically all our collective built up over 5 years 'the TEAM' being greater than the sum of its parts brilliance in one foul stroke and THAT more than all your pathetic excuses, is what fucked our season

Naturally... as virtually everyone has come to know by now with you. If we win and Thiago plays, it is despite him, and when we lose without him it is because of the lingering effect of his aura..

It's a little hilarious in truth, but the world isn't short of fools.

Keep dancing...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    yep was another shite cameo where in 5 minutes we could have scored 3 goals AND produced Klopp’s favourite moment - 92nd minute..

Results with Thiago last season

39 games and 32 wins

Results without Thiago last season

23 games and 13 wins

Spot the difference.

If i didn't know better, i'd say you were trying to wind Nineteen up Stevo ?
    Getting there.

First game v Leeds

Alisson

Trent Gomez Van Dijk Robertson

Elliott Fabinho Thiago

Salah Firmino Nunez

Assist from Robbo - Goal from Salah, lost 2-1 Thiago let's Summerville escape him to score their winner , making a half hearted attempt at a challenge, we were 4-1 up last night just after the hour
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Absolutely Sid no need to change a winning side, especially with 4 days rest and preparation

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Jones

Salah Gakpo Jota

Anyway, as you were, back on topic

The Leeds game I saw at Anfield - and a game we were in control of while score at 1:1 - Leeds keeper in inspired form BUT we went backwards after the Captain entered the game with 20 minutes remaining and Leeds eventually scoring through Summerville who Virgil doesn’t deal with. Hendo - marking grass - like the CL final.

Thiago our only mid with a rating over 5 on TIA

as for the beeb… Oh dear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63354918

The Leeds game I saw at Anfield - and a game we were in control of while score at 1:1 - Leeds keeper in inspired form BUT we went backwards after the Captain entered the game with 20 minutes remaining and Leeds eventually scoring through Summerville who Virgil doesn’t deal with.
    We scored 4 goals last night before the time Hendo had to come on in the first game FOUR

Virgil and Thiago collectively failed to deal with Summerville and we ultimately conceded because we had to go gung ho because the players who started, sorry, the midfield who started weren't good enough to sweep aside a piss poor Leeds side AT ANFIELD who we swept aside in just an hour at Elland Road last night, with Jones, Hendo and Trent all creating and assisting from midfield, Trent twice, pricelessly completely blanking Thiago demanding the ball to show him how it is done after he came on something Thiago didn't manage any of in the entirety of the first game, or any of his others this season for that matter, oh dear, how embarrassing

Yep - Was shite last season too. Those 92 points from those 35 games including 10 the season prior without Virgil - or any senior CB’s Or a captain - all just a phantom…

On reflection you are totally correct. Let’s sell our best mid. He has ruined us.

But seriously though - we might have to. We ain’t getting much for the other seniors.

Yep - Was shite last season too. Those 92 points from those 35 games including 10 the season prior without Virgil - or any senior CB’s Or a captain - all just a phantom…

On reflection you are totally correct. Let’s sell our best mid. He has ruined us.

But seriously though - we might have to. We ain’t getting much for the other seniors.
    Selling him would be best for him and for us, most likely using him as a makeweight in a deal for Gravenberch as Bayern are apparently now under Tuchel insistent they do not wish to sell him, however, as we are all aware, Tuchel, like you, has a long love of a playmaker who overplays (Jorginho), doesn't play the ball when it is on for forwards who like to make runs in behind (Werner/Mount/Pulisic) and produces precious little in the way of assits or passes to release a player to assist, he is also aware that Thiago has been far more successful in a 4231 as Bayern employ and in a slower paced league operating with a proven No6 playmaker of Kimmich's ability for company

Thiago is 32, we don't have the time, funds or number of windows it would take to construct a team capable of playing 4231 to suit his abilities, as has also been proven, and why for me it was a shit idea in the first place, for teams that do have the system, players and manager to support Thiago being a playmaker, making him an integral part of how they played became a huge issue for all the time he spend out due to injury

The other issue I had is the emergence of so many teams who can play a relatively high level tactical pressing and counter pressing game really made the playmaker, especially a lone one who doesn't play centrally, defunkt, as it made them easy to press, as we have found ourselves in trying to play a designated playmaker system from the start of this season

Thiago isn't our best midfielder, because he can't make the play effectively, inhibits the rest of the team making the play as effectively as they did before we signed him and he simply can't buy an assist or the pass before an assist, for all his ability, his talents don't compliment or suit all our other players

Trent blanking his demands for the ball to overplay once more and instead releasing Nunez to score with precision and consummate ease to show him how it should be done was simply brilliant and something we need all our players to do far more of if Thiago is brought back into the side, he needs to understand that the TEAM makes the play and far better than his attempts to ever have and stay in his area and position taking consistent good positions in the press and counter press much better than he has been doing and to be ready to receive the ball when they decided he is the right player for it to go to
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 19th April 2023 at 01:40 AM.

Well, after an entertaining mid week, especially in the Europa, it's back to action for our lads at Anfield in the Prem on Saturday - Still unchanged for me

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Jones

Salah Gakpo Jota

We just need to put all our focus into each next game beginning with Forest and give it absolutely everything and win each next game as it comes and see what happens