Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Mané

AND they couldn't even muster a goal against us at Anfield without Virgil, whose absence you have cited for our poor results with Thiago playing this season, a much lesser version of the Virgil who missed the first leg v Bayern at Anfield I might add
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I see my man Werner is back in business scored a beauty in his last game too, for his 100th Bundesliga goal, a fine way to mark your 100th, he was absolutely wasted and ruined at Chelsea, he's a forward like ours, who needs the ball playing when it's on, needs to know in confidence, he can make his run and the ball and the right ball will come, and when that happens, he is a top top forward, it never ever happened with any consistency at Chelsea, it was consistently NOT played when it was on
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Werner is such a good player.. Hes at Leipzig (no disrespect to them). but if he was a world beater. he'd be at a bigger club.
    Leipzig is his level.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    AND they couldn't even muster a goal against us at Anfield without Virgil, whose absence you have cited for our poor results with Thiago playing this season, a much lesser version of the Virgil who missed the first leg v Bayern at Anfield I might add
    Yep - the game we sat back at home. only mustering 2 shots on target. We would likely have gone out in Bavaria without Virgil. Bayern even had more of the ball in both legs. We won - a little smash and grab. I watched both games / Bayern could easily have won the tie. They were a little toothless up front in both legs. What that has to do with Thiago I will never know.

Still they went on to win the trophy the following season. Beating Spurs 7:2 and Chelsea - the winner of the comp the following season 7:1, and Barcelona 8:2 respectively.

That’s an aggregate of 22:5 v Spurs - Chelsea and Barca - shiiiiite.

Thiago naturally not getting any credit for that from you I suppose.

What those Bavarians would give to be back where they were with Thiago and without Mané.

So he is the last player in the Liverpool squad to taste the European Cup and also the only Liverpool player who has played in 2 CL finals in the last 4 years.

35 games 92 points too - in ageing, waning, breaking side. Get rid. 😉