Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes afoot for trip to West Ham?

Changes afoot for trip to West Ham?

Next up for Liverpool is an away trip to West Ham on Wednesday night.…

Full story

No need for changes, we've rested the players a little with subs and had a lot more rest than West Ham, who played Thursday, Sunday and now Wednesday
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Lewis Jones - not a fan of his but his has a point.

He predicts that we will lose in East London.

“I saw little to be swayed that Jurgen Klopp has this Liverpool side back to their best in the 3-2 win over Nottingham Forest. Yes, they got over the line, but to create just 0.37 worth of expected goals from open play and to concede twice to a Forest outfit that had scored just five away goals all season was alarming.”

0.37 XG

So many people forget how many times our front line bailed us out. Jota doing just that on Saturday. That has been a key ingredient missing this season. It’s what has put sharper focus on that midfield - Trent and even Virgil.

Scoring bucket loads of goals and scoring when it is needed counts for so much - being lethal up top…masks a multitude of sins. If you can make a habit of it, teams panic and start to play the aura. This is why the club have taken the cheap option of just attending to the front line. They have the detailed stats. Sadly it isn’t enough to do that when you totally neglect the rest.

West Ham in gold form - not a good time to face them.
    Last edited by Steveo; 25th April 2023 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    lewis jones - not a fan of his but he has a point.

He predicts that we will lose in east london.

“I saw little to be swayed that jurgen klopp has this liverpool side back to their best in the 3-2 win over Nottingham forest. Yes, they got over the line, but to create just 0.37 worth of expected goals from open play and to concede twice to a forest outfit that had scored just five away goals all season was alarming.”

0.37 xg

so many people forget how many times our front line bailed us out. Jota doing just that on Saturday. That has been a key ingredient missing this season. It’s what has put sharper focus on that midfield - Trent and even Virgil.

Scoring bucket loads of goals and scoring when it is needed counts for so much - being lethal up top…masks a multitude of sins. If you can make a habit of it, teams panic and start to play the aura. This is why the club have taken the cheap option of just attending to the front line. They have the detailed stats. Sadly it isn’t enough to do that when you totally neglect the rest.

West ham in good form - not a good time to face them.
    doh... the moral of the story.. don't post on your phone..

The issue v Forest was not keeping te tweak tweaked as it was from 30 minutes v Leeds, where they let Konate have the ball and Trent was man marked t was so ridiculously easy for Trent to make an inside out run off his marker into the acres of space on the right had we had our RCM deeper to then cover the run rather than Mo it was absolute lunacy not starting with the tweak as we played it so successfully for an hour v Leeds and not changing it ALL game, just idiotic

te tweak tweaked. The follow up to the Birdy song.

West Aaaaaaaammmmm have played Wednesday - Saturday - Thursday -Sunday - Thursday - Sunday - now Wednesday

We've played Saturday - Tuesday - Sunday - Monday - Saturday - now Wednesday 2 games less over the same period, a lot more rest too

Oh - you mean like last season when we had all the rest and Brendan’s injury ravaged Leicester City had played all those games - including v Man City just 48 hours prior to KO.. Most of our lads had rested for 6 day… We still lost 1:0 and that result cost us 3 points in a title race we lost by 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Oh - you mean like last season when we had all the rest and Brendan’s Leicester had played all those games - We lost 1:0 and that result cost us 3 points in a title race we lost by 1.
    Some games you can't legislate for, Mo missed a penalty and we missed other great chances and they scored from their only shot on target

When we lost 3-1 the prior season, we were winning 1-0 through a Mo goal, then Thiago committed a really stupid foul they scored the free kick from, then after being justly lambasted by Hendo for his stupid foul, he threw a tantrum and kicked the ball straight to their player after it went back to him from kick off, who played it straight forward with all our plays pushing up straight from kick off and they scored an instant second

SOme things you just can't legislate for

But we'll bum West Ham tomorrow, because we HAVE to

You have to wake up fella. It’s time. time to face reality,