Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Other midweek games 25th April - 27th April

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    As ever you chat nonsense. This isn't a new thing.. Most LFC fans have wanted Everton to be relegated for 20/30 years
    Can't stand the way they kick lumps out of our players. The amount of red cards they ave gotten away with in the last 8/9 years have been laughable.The only get away with it. "because they are our rivals"
    A bit strong justme? Where did I mention it was a new thing? Also how is it nonsense? You have just admitted it’s the last 20/30 years.. A barren spell relative the preceding 20/30 years. This is precisely what I am alluding to. We didn’t care about that at all in our pomp. They were challengers to our crown in the late 80’s, it was a great time.

Surely you can admit that it wouldn’t be great for the city. Next to Manchester and their 2 clubs.
    Last edited by Steveo; 26th April 2023 at 09:21 AM.

It’s their attitude towards Hillsboro that turned it for me. Seeing them mimicking people’s faces pressed up against fences and plenty of murderer chanting.
    Then there’s the way they have injured so many of our players over the years, not just one or two in strong derby challenges I’m talking wreckless bordering on deliberate.
    Plus I live amongst them up here and just like with Utd fans, if ever they win a game and we don’t the first thing they do is get all over social media etc jumping all over it, they absolutely hate us.
    Not as bothered about all that as I used to be but still … relegate the fuckers for me, hopefully this season.

Why the harsh? because you have to be negative about us. and then suggest we are like this towards Everton because we are in a bad patch.Its never been that case. Its not us that have the issues . its them. If we were going for a league title and we needed them to help us. They'd do what they did a few years back when they played Man-city and walked about the pitch, They were at home. One of their players was injured. even their medical staff took ages to come on to deal with the injured player.
    It was sooooo obvious what was going on.This is one of the reasons i want them to vanish out of the league. Its called Karma.
    Again it has nothing to do with our position right now.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

As justme and miller have said, and I'll chip in with how the Bitters rolled over for Utd & City over the years when we were challenging the Mancs for the title.
    Bin the Bitters, all the way to the Conference hopefully and never to be seen again. No mark thugs....

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    As justme and miller have said, and I'll chip in with how the Bitters rolled over for Utd & City over the years when we were challenging the Mancs for the title.
    Bin the Bitters, all the way to the Conference hopefully and never to be seen again. No mark thugs....
    INDEED, its weird how many cast off players Everton have bought off Man-united.Its like they are closely connected for some reason and thats their mutual dislike of us.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

You are all just highlighting what I have said and what other level at our fans. A sense of paranoia.

Do any of you seriously think that a club that has often flirted with relegation would deliberately drop points to our rivals just to ruin it for us?

Really? And miller - Everton have stood by us over Hillsborough.. obviously you will get a few dickheads - we have a couple on this forum. Every club has them.

Sorry but this overzealous want for the BS to be relegated will just make our own doom more swift and painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It’s City for me sadly. Don’t want Arsenal getting in on the act. Arteta cutting Klopp’s big title legacy in half would hurt. Plus Arsenal, based in London will again become a more attractive destination than us even with Klopp in situ.

On the BS - I think whichever club is very much second in the city, de facto becomes the thug in any games between the two sides. That’s the dynamic
    Kind of how I see it. City winning another one means nothing in my book. Arsenal winning it means something as much as I actually don't mind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Who are most supporting for the title. Arsenal or City?
    Arsenal 100% over city. The least detestable of the top 6 imo.

Everton getting relegated would be a little silver lining in an otherwise dreary season.

As with Utd fans Steveo, I live amongst them, it makes it very different.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Arsenal 100% over city. The least detestable of the top 6 imo.

Everton getting relegated would be a little silver lining in an otherwise dreary season.
    I am biased on this against Arsenal due to geolocation. But I do think City winning is the lesser evil - at least from a from a selfish point of view. It would keep the State owned narrative in play and always the potential that they get stripped of their titles. I know... far fetched but still possible.