Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Other midweek games 25th April - 27th April

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    As with Utd fans Steveo, I live amongst them, it makes it very different.
    We had a Bluenose builder working on our house about 10 years ago.. He was a typical bitter. The loathing for us was deep, (off the charts) but he would defend us to the hilt on Hillsborough. I guess what I am saying is. Their loathing of us, while ugly, is at least understandable. We took the name of the city and took their stadium (I know they wouldn't pay the rent but still) then we took their mantle as top dogs in the city.

Taking off the red glasses, you'd have to be harsh not to understand their feelings on the topic. How would we feel towards them if roles were reversed? Are we saying that those who choose blue over red are all scum? Plenty of idiots for sure, but we have our own too.

On the one hand I am happy to see them well below us - but I don't like the idea of kicking someone when they are down. And they are down allright.
    Last edited by Steveo; 26th April 2023 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Sorry but this overzealous want for the BS to be relegated will just make our own doom more swift and painful.
    I have to hold my hands up and say I don't understand the connection or the "why" of this - do you mean it in a luck/karma sort of sense?

Or do you see quantifiable/practical issues with Everton doing poorly having a direct impact on the success of our club? If it's the latter, I'd love an elaboration, particularly as I don't live in the city.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Don't forget Heysel possibly destroyed their dreams of European glory in the 1980s when they had a decent side.

The regulars on Arsenal TV are back on form after this mini blip.
    So not all bad.

City over Arsenal. I recall how Arsenal fans were when we were battling City over the last few seasons.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Come on the Arsenal. Not because I like them but because football is so boring when everyone thinks they know how it will pan out. Football used to be about dreams and possibilities, the drama, now it's about fast forwarding to the results with as pessimistic and defeatist attitude as we can muster. Guess who will win the premier league next season? yeah City. brilliant.

I keep swinging from one side to the other with regard to who I would prefer to win the league.
    I never had a grudge against Arsenal much, but Artetas touchline antics and the team diving and whining to the ref all the time has put me off. Obviously they are not as horrible a club as City.
    If City win, many will say yeah but it's been won by financial doping. And if Arsenal fail at the last, then i think it will knock their momentum for next season, just like how we were seemingly flattened by not winning the prem or the CL last year.

I used to want Everton to do well, from a city of Liverpool point of view, and they were brilliant in the Hillsborough campaign.
    But in recent years they have turned into thugs on the pitch. We can all count the horrendous injuries they have dealt us from Divock through to Thiago and Virgil. And I really don't want to see any rewards for Dyche football thankyou. Kick lumps out of the flair players, hoist balls into the area and pile in on the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I have to hold my hands up and say I don't understand the connection or the "why" of this - do you mean it in a luck/karma sort of sense?

Or do you see quantifiable/practical issues with Everton doing poorly having a direct impact on the success of our club? If it's the latter, I'd love an elaboration, particularly as I don't live in the city.
    There is a Karma element Sid. But I sense there would be less rivalry with them relegated. Almost like a one club city vibe. Dangerous dynamic for us. Always felt that rivalry pushed both clubs to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I am biased on this against Arsenal due to geolocation. But I do think City winning is the lesser evil - at least from a from a selfish point of view. It would keep the State owned narrative in play and always the potential that they get stripped of their titles. I know... far fetched but still possible.
    Don't see how city winning the league this year, or not, has any impact on that process.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The regulars on Arsenal TV are back on form after this mini blip.
    So not all bad.
    Haha, a silver lining within a silver lining 😄

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    City over Arsenal. I recall how Arsenal fans were when we were battling City over the last few seasons.
    There are far less city fans, however, per capita I think the city fans are even worse