Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Other midweek games 25th April - 27th April

The folly of Jurgen resting so many players v Chelsea is all too apparent now, fucking EVERYONE has beaten them since our lame ass draw with 6 changes
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

They were incredibly unlucky tonight though to be fair to poor Frank. Brentford had 1 shot in target and scored 2. Aubamayang could prove a problem for some of Chelsea’s opponents.

That said that is Franks 9th defeat as a manager in his last 10 games. Ouch. 3 for Chelsea and 7 for the BS. Some feat that.

Hahaha knob.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    They were incredibly unlucky tonight though to be fair to poor Frank. Brentford had 1 shot in target and scored 2. Aubamayang could prove a problem for some of Chelsea’s opponents.

That said that is Franks 9th defeat as a manager in his last 10 games. Ouch. 3 for Chelsea and 7 for the BS. Some feat that.
    He puts the feat into defeat.

I still feel the Champion's League places are very, very unlikely - but should we want to finish in 4th right at the Death this season, then we could really do with Chelsea improving a bit as soon as bloody possible.

They still have to play both Man United and Newcastle. If memory serves those are actually their last two games (unless there's any rescheduling with Man United having a Cup Final) with Chelsea being their last one.

It would be absolutely hateful if we were in a position where we just had to win our last match and Newcastle lose only for us to be glancing at the scoreline in the other match and witness a Newcastle win.

I don't think we'll close the gap to that extent, but if we did it would be all the more frustrating to finish incredibly close and miss out.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Another aspect of City continually breaching FFP is it has given them the luxury no other side gets to enjoy of spending ridiculous money on players and giving them a full season to bed in, Grealish is finally looking a top player now, but he'd have been a shite signing if they'd had to rely on him starting every game as most teams do
    Nice to see a journalist willing to call it what it is.

Pretty sure Nick is the fella whose wife died of Cancer and Man City fans were giving him.abuse about it in Twitter.

Nick Harris
    @sportingintel

"Even leaving aside the 115 pending Premier League charges against Man City, everything they've achieved since 2008 should be asterisked by the Uefa then CAS procedures in 2014 and 2020, and that's ignoring Spiegel

We can all acknowledge the brilliance of Pep (beyond question) and the fantastically focused spending of City & CFG. They've spent brilliantly, consistently. It doesn't erase the fact it's been systematically rigged, and they've got off lightly, as have PSG.

I even bore myself bringing this up, time and again, just when City are closer to winning stuff. But it's most relevant at precisely those times. They're an awesome machine. If you don't want to look beneath the bonnet at how that happened.

The day I don't bring this up is the day I'm not fit for purpose as a journalist.

I might just decide to do a normal job where I don't routinely get abused for doing my best, in support of fans, clubs and sports. That would be much easier. Less stressful. Quite possibly better paid."

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    They went from believers to doubters
    Arsenal had a good season. A momentum type season alas Leicester. Unlike with Leicester season the winning points total was low and the opponents were bottle job Spursand Arsenal and not Dr Bruyne, Haaland money cheat City.

Areenal are mostly the same vibe as last aeason they just had momentum and lyck here and there. Saliba really improved them but Magaelhaes showed last night that he is just an okay defender.

Arteta's fear of Anfield shows he has a long way to go in the belief category. Big Managers don't go on and on about their rivals superiority etc. He has done remarkable job with them this season. But we and Chelsea will be stronger next season. Don't see them kicking on, or winning it next season. This was their chance.

Last 4 games would have hurt them as it is reminiscent of them bottling top 4 last season as well. They have added to their psychological scarring.

Tonight's games

Thursday 27th April

Everton v Newcastle (An Everton win hopefully as if) 7:45 pm

Southampton v Bournemouth 7:45 pm

Tottenham v the filthy (A Spurs win hopefully as if) 8:15 pm

Alright theeeeeennnnnnnnn come on the bitters and come on the Spurs
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Wins for Newcastle and Spurs would make it a perfect week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Tonight's games

Thursday 27th April

Everton v Newcastle (An Everton win hopefully as if) 7:45 pm

Southampton v Bournemouth 7:45 pm

Tottenham v the filthy (A Spurs win hopefully as if) 8:15 pm

Alright theeeeeennnnnnnnn come on the bitters and come on the Spurs
    Sean Dycheola and Ryan Mason...top,top managers.
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone