Thread: Klopp happy to accept Europa League

Klopp happy to accept Europa League

The chances of Liverpool qualifying for the Champions League next season are virtually zero, but finishing in the top six would get them a place in next season’s Europa League.…

Full story

Well, i don't accept it, nor should any of us, Jurgen has an incredible amount of good will and 'money in the bank' for all he has achieved here, especially as he's been robbed of 2 Premier League titles in the past 4 seasons, and for all the joy and incredible games and moments he has helped to bring us and rightly so

He should however still face the scathing criticism his management of the club and group of players at his disposal deserves as even allowing for injuries and all manner of excuses he's made and so many others have for him, the players he has had at his disposal should be more than capable, used correctly, not in the attempted fulfillment of the manager's personal football fantasies and pipe dreams involving his favourites, be comfortably in the top 4
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 28th April 2023 at 01:38 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, i don't accept it, nor should any of us, Jurgen has an incredible amount of good will and 'money in the bank' for all he has achieved here, especially as he's been robbed of 2 Premier League titles in the past 4 seasons, and for all the joy and incredible games and moments he has helped to bring us and rightly so

He should however still face the scathing criticism his management of the club and group of players at his disposal deserves as even allowing for injuries and all manner of excuses he's made and so many others have for him, the players he has had at his disposal should be more than capable, used correctly, not in the attempted fulfillment of the manager's personal football fantasies and pipe dreams involving his favourites, be comfortably in the top 4
    Nowhere does it say that he is happy, it's a shit headline.

“We take what we get, that’s how it is. It’s not that we started the season and said if we qualify for the Europa League it would be fantastic but the season taught us a few things,” Jurgen Klopp told reporters. “That’s absolutely fine. If it’s Europa League then it’s Europa League, absolutely fine.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

A headline penned in Boston.