Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: This weekend's other games Saturday 29th April - Tuesday 2nd May

FT Arsenal 3-1 Chelsea

Get the Poch in now
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The Hotch-Poch conundrum....

Can anyone see anyone turning that Chelsea side this side of summer?

I can’t. Something absolutely toxic there.

I guess a new manager bounce could be the only possible way to do that - but they might as well keep their powder dry. Not going to benefit from 2 wins now are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

I guess a new manager bounce could be the only possible way to do that - but they might as well keep their powder dry. Not going to benefit from 2 wins now are they?
    If Poch is available it's not a disimilar situation to the one he walked into at Spurs, strong group of young talented players, he'll do what top managers do, pick a system and way of playing and look to get that working

It would surely be better for Chelsea if they start that process now so it is already underway ahead of next season than wait until after the summer and start from scratch next pre-season

Edit: Also it's surely easier for a manager like Poch to come in now, set his stall out and way of playing, and to tell these players that some of them may not play as much as they want to up to the end of the season, but he needs to get the formation and way of playing and patterns of play established by keeping a settled side, and once it is established, it will be easier for all of them to see and work on how they can fit into the system and add to the roles he has defined so they can all play more games and contribute more from the start of next season
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 2nd May 2023 at 10:18 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Chelsea's main issues are leadership and firepower.

Defensively they aren't abhorrent - I actually think they have conceded 1 or 2 less than Arsenal - but they have scored something like 31 goals in the League all season.

A striker and a decent Manager changes things considerably - but no idea what the extent of that is, ie whether they'll get close to the Champion's League spots for example.

I know - but have heard it on the grape vine. Quite a few of you wanted him a while back too. But he has looked totally lost in a Blue shirt. Haven’t they all of late?

It’s Mount or Connor or both,
    I thought he looked good at Palace and said we should go for him last summer but he's been anonymous this season. Looks out of his depth.

Totally agree. It doesn't even look that good a squad to me either. Add in Boehly the celebrity owner and it's only going one way imo.

Speculation that Boehly wants to talk yo Mourinho. Heading for his 3rd car crash ending stint at Chelsea? Hopefully without winning a PL title like in his previous stints.

New Leeds United manager Sam Allardyce has said he is "up there" with any manager in the Premier League including Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola and Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp.

Allardyce, who replaced Javi Gracia, said he may look "antiquated" but is the equal of any manager in the league.

"I'm 68 but there's nobody ahead of me in football terms. Not Pep, not Klopp, not [Mikel] Arteta," he said.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Hes up there with his waist line thats for sure
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Must dig out that quote about him managing Real Madrid.