Page 1 of 25 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Spurs

Match Thread : Liverpool v Spurs

Right first of three at home, no slow starts no gifts and take your chances lads. Though the midfield starters look like we’re trying to give Spurs a chance but good to see Diaz back, hope he’s ready.

Alisson

TAA
    Konate
    VVD
    Robertson

Elliott
    Fabinho
    Jones

Salah
    Gakpo
    Diaz

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Milner, Henderson, Jota, Tsimikas, Nunez, Carvalho, Matip.
    "I am the Normal One."

Where is Thiago? He is like a tampon , in for one week out for 3

Team confirmed: 3 changes in total, Konate back in for Matip, Elliott in for Henderson, a very risky change in my view and not one I'd have made for the visit of Spurs, well, I'd never play him at RCM full stop, but hope to be proved wrong, Diaz in for Jota

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Elliott Fabinho Jones

Salah Gakpo Diaz

Come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, another absolutely MUST win game, so let's do just that because we HAVE to, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points here today
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What I don’t understand about bringing Elliott in, is that Jurgen knows what a threat Spurs are on the counter and with Tren pushing further up the pitch and tucking inside, are we really expecting Harvey to be able to help cover Son on the counter ?? We will have absolutely no one preventing them do exactly what they like down our right when they win the ball back.

Frightening

Elliot And jones?

Best midfield in the world.

good job spurs are very spursy
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

300 games for Mo today and 187 goals . Not bad for a winger.

Soon be Home from an excellent day in the Hills.

Big test for Elliott and Jones this - of they can perform as part of a cohesive unit it bodes well for depth in the future.

Certainly wouldn't want either of them week-in, week-out but if they can help us out then great.

Come on Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    What I don’t understand about bringing Elliott in, is that Jurgen knows what a threat Spurs are on the counter and with Tren pushing further up the pitch and tucking inside, are we really expecting Harvey to be able to help cover Son on the counter ?? We will have absolutely no one preventing them do exactly what they like down our right when they win the ball back.

Frightening
    It's why I want him loaned and Thiago back to Bayern as part of the deal for Gravenberch, Jurgen has his favourites and if they are allowed to linger and hang around, he will put them back in

Jurgen was having a pop at some people on twitter and instagram after we beat West Ham for slagging off Matip, Jones' and Gakpo's inclusion v West Ham before a ball had even been kicked and saying they were going to watch the other game, AND he had a fair point because they are all good players and that's just the thisisanfield crowd doing what they do

But no-one, I do not know one single poster or Liverpool fan who thinks Elliott should be anywhere near the Liverpool first team, not one, commentary and punditry have done him being a disruptive influence to death this season and highlighted it lots of times, Jurgen has his favourites and blindspots, but he is literally the ONLY fucking person in the entire football world who thinks Elliott should be anywhere near the Liverpool first team or midfield

I hope to fucking God Elliott does something and is useful rather than the liability and disruptive influence he has been all season today because we fucking need him to be, even if he does, for me it won't justify his selection because on everything that has gone before and a huge part of why we're in the shit position we are because of Jurgen's blind faith and persistence with Elliott, including him today is an absolutely MASSIVE risk and a piss take

Right, this is a MUST win game today, we need our very best intensity and quality, those above us aren't quite there yet, both have 3 or 4 games left they could slip up in, we absolutely HAVE to win today, so let's do just that

Kick off imminent Come the FUCK on Liverpool, get the win here today and another absolutely vital 3 points

I don't want to see us lose anytime. but i'm not fussed about today.. I think Elliot is being given a game because hes unlikely to feature much next season.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century