Thread: Your team v Fulham

Your team v Fulham

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

.......................Alisson

Trent....Konate.....Van Dijk...Robertson

......................Fabinho

...............Elliott.......Jones

....Salah.........Gakpo.......Diaz

As utterly appalling as it was to nearly get a draw from 3-0 up I'm perfectly happy to give the starting line-up another go - prove they can have another excellent start and a chance to redeem letting a game slide like that.

Massive props to Jota the Slotta! I'm so glad that Jürgen is a Red!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Jones

Salah Gakpo Diaz

Strongest possible side for this one, another MUST win game, we simply HAVE to win
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You would hand on heart pick Hendo? After that today?

Admire your loyalty

Same team as today. Hendo can have a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You would hand on heart pick Hendo? After that today?

Admire your loyalty
    Absolutely, Elliott was decent for 10-15 minutes, being generous, that was it, 100% certain Hendo would never have let our lads drop their intensity so desperately low, leading, keeping the lads focused and their intensity up is easier to do for a Captain to stop players levels dropping off and the opposition getting back in, than it is for them coming on off the bench, with two of our other best players coming off 1 with him coming on, 1 shortly after his introduction and trying to raise the entire team from the desperate low levels they had let their performance drop to prior to his arrival

Had Hendo started we'd still have scored the goals we did and likely more first half for me, I have continually raised my concerns about Virgil captaining the side for the reasons we saw again today, he doesn't lead, he doesn't influence the team, he let their levels drop from 9/10 to 2/10 and handed Spurs an incredible incentive to come back at us

Oh / right you are..

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Absolutely, Elliott was decent for 10-15 minutes, being generous, that was it, 100% certain Hendo would never have let our lads drop their intensity so desperately low, leading, keeping the lads focused and their intensity up is easier to do for a Captain to stop players levels dropping off and the opposition getting back in, than it is for them coming on off the bench, with two of our other best players coming off 1 with him coming on, 1 shortly after his introduction and trying to raise the entire team from the desperate low levels they had let their performance drop to prior to his arrival

Had Hendo started we'd still have scored the goals we did and likely more first half for me, I have continually raised my concerns about Virgil captaining the side for the reasons we saw again today, he doesn't lead, he doesn't influence the team, he let their levels drop from 9/10 to 2/10 and handed Spurs an incredible incentive to come back at us
    Believe it or not, you don't have a crystal ball 🤣🤣

Elliott again? No thanks.

That was a collective midfield and defensive shit show. Couldn’t defend a 3-0 lead at home. When we go, we really go. Brighton away, Wolves away, Real at home, Spurs at home, second half at the Etihad. All absolutely dreadful collective defensive collapses.

Elliott rating whoscored 6.36
    Tackles 0 Clearance 1 dribble 1 Shots 1 Key pass 1 Dispossessed 3 UnsTch 1 Thrb 1 passes 38

Henderson rating whoscored 6.47
    Tackles 2 Dribble 1 Key pass 1 Crosses 1 LongB 1 passes 16 (cross was successful too finding Jota who put it wide)

Did more in 27 minutes than Elliott did in 67 in about a third of the time on the pitch

I know people don't like this, but I can't help that the stats support my assertion that despite looking busy and running around a lot to no real affect, Elliott didn't contribute much at all, defensively of offensively

Seriously - batshit crazy.

Here’s TIA ratings and I think they are kind.

———————

Harvey Elliott – 6

A first real involvement for Elliott in a while and it maybe showed a little in terms of his early involvement.

Worked hard and got himself into the game more as it went on, but as could be expected, didn’t fare particularly well in terms of the defensive job behind Trent.

Jordan Henderson (on for Elliott, 62′) – 4

Dismal. Lost the ball too easily and certainly didn’t win it back.

————————

Now these are all subjective. BUT we all know which posters would be killing Elliott or Thiago had they come on at 3:1 AT home to Spurs…. and presided over that shit show - rescued by Jota - to allow them back to 3:3.
    Last edited by Steveo; 30th April 2023 at 07:52 PM.