Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Seriously - batshit crazy.

Here’s TIA ratings and I think they are kind.

———————

Harvey Elliott – 6

A first real involvement for Elliott in a while and it maybe showed a little in terms of his early involvement.

Worked hard and got himself into the game more as it went on, but as could be expected, didn’t fare particularly well in terms of the defensive job behind Trent.

Jordan Henderson (on for Elliott, 62′) – 4

Dismal. Lost the ball too easily and certainly didn’t win it back.

————————

Now these are all subjective. BUT we all know which posters would be killing Elliott or Thiago had they come on at 3:1 and presided over that shot show to allow than back to 3:3.
    Yet the stats show Hendo didn't lose the ball once and Elliott was dispossessed 3 times and lost it once more through poor control meaning he lost it a total of 4 FOUR times and didn't make a single tackle so HE didn't do anything to win it back

It's why I genuinely wet myself laughing when you try and push those clowns as a credible source look at the stats, they have really clear bias' on who they like and who they don't, remember when they wrote about Thiago having played a brilliant ball in behind for Salah and it was actually a ball he overhit it and with top spin so it ran out of play and Mo never had any chance of reaching it

Mine are actual stats of each players contribution, not an opinion from a bias source, so yes the TIA lads are Batshit crazy indeed and if they are so incapable of writing without such obvious bias, they should just give it up

Edit: Had hendo been dispossessed or lost it through poor control, it would show in the dispossessed stats and UnsTch stats, but it doesn't, showing TIA up for the wankers they are I'm afriad
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 30th April 2023 at 08:02 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Elliott again? No thanks.
    He wouldn't be everyone's pick, but he is part of the future when it comes to squad depth so given the win and that we were 3-0 up after a good start I'd happily give him another try - if he has a 'mare he can be subbed.

If Klopp does pick Henderson it won't bother me mind you.

The biggest stat

3:1 with Elliot in 63 mins
    1:2 with Hendo in 27 mins

Now obviously there is much more to it than that BUT the captain was brought in to either steady the ship or add to the attack. the fact is the ship started rocking and the opposition outscored us 2:1

It really isn’t a big issue for me, but for those who cited Elliot as the problem - it’s a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    He wouldn't be everyone's pick, but he is part of the future when it comes to squad depth so given the win and that we were 3-0 up after a good start I'd happily give him another try - if he has a 'mare he can be subbed.

If Klopp does pick Henderson it won't bother me mind you.
    He is part of the future, I just don't think it's in midfield.

He's been part of the problem of Trent getting exposed time after time, now that Trent is wandering around the pitch like Andrea Pirlo it's an even scarier proposition!

Think if Thiago is fit I'd drop him into the right-hand side.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The biggest stat

3:1 with Elliot in 63 mins
    1:2 with Hendo in 27 mins

Now obviously there is much more to it than that BUT the captain was brought in to either steady the ship or add to the attack. the fact is the ship started rocking and the opposition outscored us 2:1

It really isn’t a big issue for me, but for those who cited Elliot as the problem - it’s a problem
    The ship was rocking long before he came on, it started rocking after about 25 minutes of the first half when we stopped playing, Spurs could have easily scored 3 before half time, Son missing a chance every bit as easy as the one he scored second half and Kulusevski missing a sitter also it was only dumb luck we were still at 3-1

You know better how the game works and admitted as much in the match thread, Sons goal came from a pass from their CB, our defence not keeping a line and our forward still up the field offside not getting back our side of their CB, their third came from a free kick that was never a free kick because we gave Tierney a chance to give them something, plus they had 5 attackers on the pitch then also

I just try and post honestly and genuinely taking into context how the game was at different periods

Do you honestly think hendo would have let the players drop their intensity to walking pace for 20 minutes of the first half to land us in the position he was introduced into? Not on your nelly

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    He is part of the future, I just don't think it's in midfield.

He's been part of the problem of Trent getting exposed time after time, now that Trent is wandering around the pitch like Andrea Pirlo it's an even scarier proposition!

Think if Thiago is fit I'd drop him into the right-hand side.
    We tried that in the last game, he wasn't effective either, besides, we're wrapping him up in cotton wool ready for his Bayern return as part of our deal to sign Gravenberch

If we are gonna stick to 4/3/3 You may as well play either Gomez or Milner in the right back position and TAA in the DM role.
    You can't have Konate play two roles at the same time.. hes a central defender not a right back.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Scratching my head thinking of Trent at DM.. But you know guys.. WTF does Jurgen know about these things anyway.

I know hes been playing there though.. hes inside a lot and Konate goes into the right back position. Its been mental of late. we've had Fabinho at centre back at times. in the last game Henderson ran back into the centre back position..
    2/3 of our goals have been conceded when the ball as gone over Virgils head and Robertson had been playing in the left sided centre back role. our left side at the point has been totally open wide.. Its just crazy
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

That has much to do with trying to accommodate Trent's more advanced roving role. He's got a wand of a foot but that is about it it. No top team adjust their entire back line to get the best from a right foot. He isn't Luis fookin Suarez FFS.

What is this.. elite club or not?